Author Topic: Only one presidential candidate has wielded the sledgehammer of government against personal enemies.  (Read 6170 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
TDS can strike anywhere, anytime. Doesn't care how much money you make, how much education you have, or your political affiliation. It's an indiscriminate brain scrambler...
Yep, and the quoted poster is Exhibit A of it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I supported Cruz.  Cruz did not win.  Just as King David did,   I must deal with the circumstances in which I now find myself.
Don't we all? Each of us has made our decision on how to handle the choice of two comparable evils. You and others have decided to settle on one over the other, based primarily on the R next to his name.

As for me, I will not curse God with such a worship in partisan politics, and most likely vote for the candidate in the top three who isn't Trump or Clinton. I shall pray for deliverance. If the polls and the rumors of Clinton's health are both accurate, my chances are pretty good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

We know what Hildabeast is.

We expect despotism and hard tyranny from her and her unabashed corrupt perversion of Government.

I prefer that kind of oppression come from a known enemy that almost everyone agrees is a horrid person, guilty of everything we assume her responsible for, than from a wolf come in sheep's clothing from amongst our own ranks whom in blindness, everyone accepted as their savior.

Now this is in fact,  the best argument I have yet heard put forth from your side.   You recognize that Hillary will be the wolf,   but you think it will  provoke an awakening to the evil.    (I may have massaged your point a bit to make it better.)

I can live with that argument in theory,   but when I contemplate the reality of it,  I would just prefer this cup pass before me.   I still have young kids for which I have great hopes in the happiness of their lives.   

In short: Better the tyranny from Hillary than what will come from Trump.

After all, you guys chose Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse to be your nominee and prince.

Again with the accusing me of being a Trump supporter!   CRUZ!  C.R.U.Z.!!!!!!    I supported Cruz,  I argued on behalf of Cruz,   My family and my friends all voted for CRUZ,   I urged everyone to reconsider this idea of supporting Trump.   

The primary voters didn't agree with me,  so rather than having a melt-down rage fit over it,   I just had to deal with the decision they forced upon us.     

I wash my hands of the entire mess, and simply say to you: good luck enduring it.  You earned it.

Jonah prayed for the destruction of Nineveh.

So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city. 

I have made other plans.

דער מענטש טראַכט און גאָט לאַכט

:)
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trump has used (more than once) the power of government via the courts (sue-happy) and via eminent domain....and he has used the power of his vast wealth as well, to punish and victimize those that opposed him. 

Is it worth my trouble to point out to you the distinction of using the lawful means of settling disputes versus blatantly illegal means of using government power to settle grudges?   

He is not to be trusted with any 'more' power....any more than Hillary Clinton is to be trusted with any 'more' power.  Both are dangerous to the nation.

Is it worth my trouble to point out to you that *HE*  will be watched like a Hawk,   while Hillary will be allowed to rampage unrestrained?   

http://www.youngcons.com/97-of-donations-from-doj-employees-went-to-hillary-clinton/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Is it worth my trouble to point out to you that *HE*  will be watched like a Hawk,   while Hillary will be allowed to rampage unrestrained?   

http://www.youngcons.com/97-of-donations-from-doj-employees-went-to-hillary-clinton/
What makes you think that? Of course the DOJ, packed with Obama appointees, is going to support Democrats. If a Republican is elected, that would swing back almost immediately.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trump has proven himself to be as big a bitch as Hillary, even though he undoubtedly has testicles...both are bullies that have perfected their skills over decades.

Neither of deserving of the White House. I'm following the prescient advice of Alexander Hamilton:
If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.

Why sure,  because at this point the party's reputation for ethics and morality is just sterling. 

How about If we must have a bully at the head of our government,   let it be one whom will attack our opponents constituents and not us.

If there is to be a group of people to get beaten mercilessly by the power of the Federal government,  I must say the Democrat constituency deserves it far more than do we. 

We can make a moral objection to his despotism after he has beaten them up a bit.   :)   (Yes,  I'm joking.)   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Don't we all? Each of us has made our decision on how to handle the choice of two comparable evils.

Well that's just it.   The argument is over the characterization by your side that they are "comparable."   

I and others are trying to get you to look rationally at the history of Hillary so that you can get a clue that they aren't even remotely comparable.   

Once you get over the fallacy that there is any equivalency between the two of them,   then it becomes clear that  we should not prefer the greater evil against the lesser. 

You and others have decided to settle on one over the other, based primarily on the R next to his name.

I can't speak for others,   but If Hillary were on our side,  i'd be urging people to vote for the Democrat.   (Unless it is Nancy Pelosi,   but I'd take Chuck Schummer over Hillary. )   

My primary objection to Hillary is that I have been watching that rage queen since 1991 and I thought she was a vicious and corrupt despot back then.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Now this is in fact,  the best argument I have yet heard put forth from your side.   You recognize that Hillary will be the wolf,   but you think it will provoke an awakening to the evil.    (I may have massaged your point a bit to make it better.)

I can live with that argument in theory,   but when I contemplate the reality of it,  I would just prefer this cup pass before me.   I still have young kids for which I have great hopes in the happiness of their lives.   

A populace that has largely discarded our foundational principles and spit in the Face of the Lord and become the epitome of Isaiah 30:10 (nothing new under the sun when it comes to human nature and sin) will reap consequences that the innocent always suffer.

Been true since the beginning, neither you or I can stop that fact except to prepare to endure it to the end with your faith intact.

Again with the accusing me of being a Trump supporter!   CRUZ!  C.R.U.Z.!!!!!!    I supported Cruz,  I argued on behalf of Cruz,   My family and my friends all voted for CRUZ,   I urged everyone to reconsider this idea of supporting Trump.   

Irrelevant. 

You have two sorry and horrifying individuals being presented as the *only* potentials for the seat of power.  Pushing for one or the other as a lesser evil that benefits is absurd.  I prefer the evil we expect and understand coming from the usual suspect, rather than one who is dressed as a sheep among us, for the horror will become a hundred-fold worse for you should our fears prove themselves out versus the selfish indifference and potential cruelty of the Mao Pantsuit.

If you want your posterity to have a modicum of the liberty you once enjoyed, the next generation will have to fight for it in terms that few are willing to even contemplate. But with Hildabeast, the enemy is clear and a more unifying factor of resistance than if Trump becomes a presidential petulant with nukes as we expect him to act.   It will take mass suffering for a desire to do whatever it takes to throw off that which this people are accustomed.  Even then, it has the potential to never achieve success.

The primary voters didn't agree with me,  so rather than having a melt-down rage fit over it,   I just had to deal with the decision they forced upon us.     

I'm choosing to refuse partaking in the choices they limit me to.  I have other plans.  I frankly do not care that the slaves on the plantation are screaming about hissy fits of those who refuse to support their disaster.

Jonah prayed for the destruction of Nineveh.

I'm not Jonah. And this is not Nineveh.

This is not a Gentile/ignorant nation before the Lord. 

The Holy Spirit was present here at it's establishment among the settlers of old, and the Founders did what they could to preserve that liberty to follow one's conscience without leave of the state.

We are more in common with Ancient Israel than we are Nineveh.

As such, I identify more with Jeremiah than Jonah - but then neither did Jeremiah partake of the foolishness of Israel and support the wicked Judges the population insisted they prostrate themselves before.

Jeremiah ended up going into slavery with them, and was killed by his own people because they did not want to hear the truth.

Again, nothing new under the sun.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

What makes you think that? Of course the DOJ, packed with Obama appointees, is going to support Democrats. If a Republican is elected, that would swing back almost immediately.

You do not show that you have a good grasp of the nature of the Federal Bureaucracy.   80% of the Federal Bureaucracy is made up of Democrats. 

It is fairly accurate to say that the Federal government is mostly a massive jobs program for Democrats.   

No,  a Republican President would not flip the Department of Justice to Republican,   it would still be staffed by a vast majority of Democrat and Democrat minded lawyers.     

Others of you,  whether you be on my side or not,   help me out with this!   State your knowledge regarding the political makeup of the Federal Bureaucracy.   

State your opinions on the ratios between Republicans and Democrats in Federal Government employment.  Just the Bureaucratic parts,  not the military or law enforcement. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hoodat

You don't think Michelle Malkin is stunningly beautiful?

I think Michelle Malkin is stunningly brilliant.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

I think Michelle Malkin is stunningly brilliant.

She really is.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

So you dont see a difference between an individual filing a lawsuit for a perceived wrong and a politically connected person having the IRS, FBI FCC and other agencies pursue an individual?

I do - The difference is merely opportunity... Ability. If you think for one minute that Trump isn't every bit as capable of the same vindictive nature, you've another think comin'.