Author Topic: Trump Biographer Releases Interview Tapes to New York Times  (Read 1493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Biographer Releases Interview Tapes to New York Times
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:43:09 pm »

Newsmax
Trump Biographer Releases Interview Tapes to New York Times
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 05:25 PM

Five hours of taped interviews used for a biography of Donald Trump by reporter Michael D'Antonio show the GOP nominee as fixated on his celebrity – and fearful of losing it, according to The New York Times.

The Times, which posted clips Tuesday – and is using them in its podcast "The Run-Up" –  says the interviews also reveal that Trump can't imagine being a loser.

"I never had a failure, because I always turned a failure into a success," Trump says in one of the interviews with D'Antonio's, whose book, "The Truth About Trump," came out last May.

D'Antonio gave transcripts of the interviews to Hillary Clinton's campaign this year, but never heard back from her staff, the Times reported. He handed over original audio and transcripts to the Times over the past few weeks, the newspaper reported.

Trump called the recordings "pretty old and pretty boring stuff. Hope people enjoy it," the Times reported.

According to the Times, the tapes show that Trump:

Considered Arsenio Hall as forgotten and ungrateful for his time on "The Celebrity Apprentice," which he won in 2012.

"Dead as a doornail," Trump said of HalL. "Dead as dog meat. Couldn't
get on television. They wouldn't even take his phone call."

Was scornful of an unnamed bank president who got drunk at the swanky Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York and had to be carried out.

"And I never looked at him the same way after that," Trump says on the tape, adding: I'll never forget that in front of a room of the most important people, we had to carry him out of the room. And so things like that had an impact on me.

Doesn't tolerate being made a fool of, according to ex-wife Ivana Trump, who recalled a Colorado vacation on which she didn't warn her then-boyfriend about what a good skier she was.

"So he goes and stops, and he says, 'Come on, baby. Come on, baby'," she said of Trump skiing down a hill before her. "I went up. I went two flips up in the air, two flips in front of him. I disappeared. Donald was so angry, he took off his skis, his ski boots, and walked up to the restaurant. ... He could not take it. He could not take it."

Loves fighting.

"I was a very rebellious kind of person. I don't like to talk about it, actually. But I was a very rebellious person and very set in my ways," he says on the tape. "I loved to fight. I always loved to fight. … all kinds of fights, physical ... Any kind of fight, I loved it…"

Relishes his celebrity.

"And I said, 'I love it,'" he recalls in the interview about seeing his name in a newspaper the first time, when he was a high school baseball player.

" I loved it. It was the first time I was ever in a newspaper. I was a young kid, right? I was probably a sophomore in high school. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I thought it was amazing. … It felt good."

"Well, most people aren't in print, though," he added when the interviewer suggested anybody would be excited by seeing their name in print. "Don't forget. How many people are in print? Nobody's in print."

When he was a businessman, Trump even hired a service to compile all the media mentions of him, the Times reported.

"It's always been that way," he said, recalling the feeling of walking into a giant room and watching as the crowd surrounded him, adding it never unnerved him. "I think what would unnerve me is if it didn't happen."

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=755317
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Trump Biographer Releases Interview Tapes to New York Times
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:51:18 pm »

And this isn't the one He did 6 months before announcing his candidacy, rumored to dispel most Conservative principles, the Times will wait till the last weekend before the Election.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:53:46 pm »
Nothing that we didn't already know.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 10:58:30 pm »

"I never had a failure, because I always turned a failure into a success," Trump says....

Can that be circuitously interpreted to mean he's never had a success?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 11:00:09 pm »
Nothing that we didn't already know.

And the disclosure wouldn't change one trumpster's mind, BUT, it will further suppress the Republican base from voting on Election Day, leading to down ticket disaster.

Oh Well, we did all we could.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:01:09 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 11:13:43 pm »
Oh yeah he was the same way with his children.  Could never let them win either.  His son talks about skiing also and says his father would knock him over so that he could get down the hill first.

Revealing Family quotes

http://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/donald-trump-fathers-day-quotes.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 11:28:35 pm »
Can that be circuitously interpreted to mean he's never had a success?

Long answer......Yes.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 11:30:47 pm »
So this stuff was all left out of the book?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 11:38:47 pm »
   And the disclosure wouldn't change one trumpster's mind, BUT, it will further suppress the Republican base from voting on Election Day, leading to down ticket disaster.

Oh Well, we did all we could.

Yep, on all counts.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 11:59:16 pm »
   I'm at saturation level on this dam election, taking a Sabbath into the Guadalupe Mts.( no phone or internet) for a couple of day's.

Ya'll don't let Donald do anything stupid while I'm gone.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:01:44 am by corbe »

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 12:05:01 am »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 12:14:41 am »
Oh yeah he was the same way with his children.  Could never let them win either.  His son talks about skiing also and says his father would knock him over so that he could get down the hill first.

Revealing Family quotes

http://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/donald-trump-fathers-day-quotes.html

I never paid attention to the family side of Trump other than what was in the news. But those quotes reflect exactly the sort of father I had imagined him to be.