Author Topic: Rush: I Should Resign on November 9th  (Read 978 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: I Should Resign on November 9th
« on: October 25, 2016, 06:53:02 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/10/25/i_should_resign_on_november_9th

I Should Resign on November 9th
October 25, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Folks, do we have a treat for you today.  We went back to the audio and video archives of nearly thirty, what, six years ago, 35 years ago to share with you election night coverage from 1980 on NBC News with Tom Brokaw, John Chancellor, David Brinkley, and Judy Woodruff.  It's coming up in mere moments.  It requires a little bit of setup.

Great to have you here as we're off and running on yet another excursion into broadcast excellence here on Tuesday, Rush Limbaugh at 800-282-2882.

Folks, let's tweak the media.  We love doing this now and then.  There's yet another story today about how I am to blame for the upcoming Trump landslide defeat.  Yesterday's was in the Washington Post -- well, you know what?  Yesterday's was in the Washington Post, too.  Yesterday they had some think tank guy from AEI write that I am to blame.  Today it is Catherine Rampell, an opinion writer with the Washington Post: "Want to save the Republican Party? Drain the Right-Wing Media Swamp," leading off with me.

So, apparently, folks, here's what's gonna happen.  Here comes the media tweak.  This is gonna be fun.  I previewed this by Mr. Snerdley and his mouth fell open when I told him my plans.
So here you go.  On Election Day, Trump massive landslide defeat, and that night they're gonna blame it on me on TV. So what I should do is announce my resignation on November 9th, as I can't continue any longer since I single-handedly, not even on the ballot, will be single-handedly responsible for the Republican Party's massive landslide defeat.

It's the only thing I can do, it's what they do in Great Britain or in Japan. Corporate leaders, everything goes south, resign, maybe even commit hara-kiri. Snerdley said, "What happens if Trump wins?"  That's gonna be blamed on me, too, folks.  I can't win either way.  Trump wins, I get the blame.  Trump loses, I get the blame.  So all I can do is save face and resign and have my resignation speech prepared or, when is the election, November 8, so November 9th.

Now, okay, let's see what the Drive-Bys do with this.  Let's see how many of them, "Limbaugh announces resignation on November 9th if --"  Let's see what happens with this.  'Cause the media that will report on what I just said will never hear what I actually said.  They will read what I said as reported by others. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Just happened on CNN's Inside Politics.  John King spoke with political correspondent Nia-Malika Henderson.  Remember, I told you at the beginning of the program that we can see it happening two different -- actually, there were three pieces yesterday and one so far today -- opinion pieces that are getting ready to blame Trump's massive defeat on me, so much so that I have announced considering resigning on November 9th as a matter of honor.  It's my fault even though I'm not on the ballot.  But here, this speaks for itself. This is Nia-Malika Henderson explaining to people why Trump is the bad guy he is.

HENDERSON:  Hillary Clinton will have her moment, likely her historic moment, and people will be waiting to see what he says. And I think the truth is, even if he concedes that night, it's likely that he might go back a couple days later and say, "Well, I'm not really sure whether or not this thing was on the up and up."  You know, I think he's very much on track to be more of like a Rush Limbaugh figure.  He was never running as a statesman, so to expect that on Tuesday night he'll give some sort of gracious concession speech is unlikely. And I think no matter what he says, his people are likely gonna see Hillary Clinton as an illegitimate president.  They saw Barack Obama, in many ways, as an illegitimate president even though McCain conceded.

RUSH:  Now, what in the world do I have to do with it?  Why is my name thrown in there?  "He's very much on track to be more like a Rush Limbaugh figure."  I've never run for anything, I've never failed to concede, and I've never, after losing, gone back and challenged the loss two or three days later.  But nevertheless we can answer the question.

Folks, if this goes the way they think it is, they are going to clear the playing field next.  That will be the objective, just to wipe out and eliminate all opposition.  And no matter where you turn, Washington Post, New York Times, now CNN, you can see signs of what they have in mind. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Rush: I Should Resign on November 9th
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 07:37:04 pm »
he should resign if he really thinks this crap

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:37:46 pm »
Ok
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:38:03 pm by Oceander »

Offline chae

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 07:41:16 pm »
ok, and?
So let's say Trump gets elected.  Well, then you'd best be socking away that money now Rush, because the second he changes those libel laws, the libs will be on you like white on rice.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 07:41:41 pm »
Rush is as every bit as narcissistic as Trump.  Constantly talking about himself or stories about himself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.