Author Topic: Mitch McConnell has gone silent on Donald Trump as Senate hangs in balance  (Read 643 times)

HAPPY2BME

AP October 25, 2016, 7:59 AM

At a local Chamber of Commerce event in Danville, McConnell twice instructed the crowd not to ask him about the presidential race “even though that’s what I know you all wanted me to talk about.”

At an earlier event in Pikeville, McConnell refused to answer a reporter’s question about Trump not paying any taxes.

Most recently, on Friday, McConnell said nothing about Trump as he introduced fellow GOP Sen. Joni Ernst for a speech at the University of Louisville. Then McConnell evaded reporters’ questions as he left the event.

McConnell’s silence is especially notable in light of Trump’s recent complaints that the election is rigged and he might not ultimately accept the results. Despite a lifetime in public service, McConnell has offered no reaction, passing up the opportunity to defend the nation’s democratic institutions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-has-gone-silent-on-donald-trump-as-senate-hangs-in-balance/

HAPPY2BME

Mitch doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

He sees a train - moving at a very high speed coming straight at him.

ditto Paul Ryan and the entire gopE ..

McConnell: We're Going to 'Crush' Tea Party Candidates in GOP Primaries This Year

Top congressional Republicans and their allies are challenging the advocacy groups head on in an aggressive effort to undermine their credibility. The goal is to deny them any Senate primary victories, cut into their fund-raising and diminish them as a future force in Republican politics.

“I think we are going to crush them everywhere,” Mr. McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, said in an interview, referring to the network of activist organizations working against him and two Republican incumbents in Kansas and Mississippi while engaging in a handful of other contests. “I don’t think they are going to have a single nominee anywhere in the country.”

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/03/10/mcconnell-tea-party-candidates-will-get-crushed-everywhere-in-gop-primaries-n1806523

Offline Frank Cannon

Mitch doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

He sees a train - moving at a very high speed coming straight at him.

ditto Paul Ryan and the entire gopE ..

McConnell: We're Going to 'Crush' Tea Party Candidates in GOP Primaries This Year

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/03/10/mcconnell-tea-party-candidates-will-get-crushed-everywhere-in-gop-primaries-n1806523

You are aware that Ryan is loved in his district, right? He has polling in WI that Donny could only dream of. That's why he destroyed the Trumpette Primary challenger in a landslide.

https://ballotpedia.org/Wisconsin%27s_1st_Congressional_District_election,_2016

The 1st Congressional District of Wisconsin will hold an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 8, 2016.

Ballotpedia currently rates this race as safely Republican. Incumbent Paul Ryan (R) will face Ryan Solen (D), Jason Lebeck (L) and Spencer Zimmerman (Trump Conservative) in the general election on November 8, 2016. Ryan defeated Paul Nehlen in the Republican primary, while Solen defeated Tom Breu to win the Democratic nomination. The primary elections took place on August 9, 2016.

HAPPY2BME

McConnell and Ryan won't have to worry about perpetual reelections any more ..

=========

McConnell Tells GOP Senators: We’ll Drop Trump ‘Like A Hot Rock’

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell reportedly .”

McConnell reassured Republican members of the upper chamber they could run negative ads against Trump if he becomes the nominee and it threatens their re-election, reports The New York Times.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/27/mcconnell-tells-gop-senators-well-drop-trump-like-a-hot-rock/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
McConnell is a survivor.  He'll use someone or something to get him what he wants and when it's no longer useful he'll dump it/them and move on.

It's been his MO for years.

No surprise he's done this with Trump.  They both hate Conservatives...by supporting Trump Mitch made sure that a true Conservative didn't get nominated for President this year.

Trump...a Liberal pretending to be a RINO...who has stated he doesn't need the Conservative vote to win...is ensuring a Clinton presidency.

Enemy of my enemy....
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

HAPPY2BME

McConnell is a survivor.  He'll use someone or something to get him what he wants and when it's no longer useful he'll dump it/them and move on.

It's been his MO for years.

No surprise he's done this with Trump.  They both hate Conservatives...by supporting Trump Mitch made sure that a true Conservative didn't get nominated for President this year.

Trump...a Liberal pretending to be a RINO...who has stated he doesn't need the Conservative vote to win...is ensuring a Clinton presidency.

Enemy of my enemy....

=============================

sounds like both you and Mitch have so many enemies, and are painting with such a wide brush, a look in the mirror by either of you will show the same face.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
=============================

sounds like both you and Mitch have so many enemies, and are painting with such a wide brush, a look in the mirror by either of you will show the same face.

I don't have any enemies...so I'm not real sure what you're getting at there or what point you were trying to make...but I guess it makes sense to you.

I'm not in the "if you're not with us you're against us" mob who runs around saying if you don't vote for Trump you're supporting Hillary and subtly hints at retribution and paybacks for those that didn't support Orange Jesus.

I guess you're just projecting your own guilt on myself and others when you accuse us of being Janus faced.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

Mitch McConnell has gone silent on Donald Trump as Senate hangs in balance

Mitch McConnell should have lost his Senate seat for helping to pay for those racist attack ads which Thad Cochran used against his Tea Party backed opponent.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Night Hides Not

Mitch McConnell should have lost his Senate seat for helping to pay for those racist attack ads which Thad Cochran used against his Tea Party backed opponent.

On that we're in total agreement. Priebus' silence was thunderous.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.