Author Topic: Breitbart coordinated with liberal activist and organizer who disrupted GOP primary campaign events  (Read 5719 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump supports the leftist bathroom policy, @don-o .

We're doomed either way.......... which is why some of us can't vote for either progressive on the ballot.

It's "Reality."  Remember that concept??

Which of the two is going to give us a court system that insures that the Republic continues into the abyss? Which provides a glimmer of hope.

Both/neither answer is a cop out. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Isn't defeating statist authoritarians embodied by people like Hillary the reason for a republican party? Won't electing her make it harder for the republican party to be effective in the future?

She won't have a mandate.  She hasn't run on her record, only on Trump's shortcomings.   Maybe the repudiation of Trumpism will rejuvenate the GOP,  maybe it will dissolve into factions and never rise again.   I'd love to see the party return to its roots as a limited government,  Constitutionally-centric party.  I'm optimistic - especially given Clinton's sheer awfulness.  Even the Dems must feel some twinges of regret at having nominated someone so incredibly corrupt.   

Isn't the POSSIBILITY, however distant, that Trump MIGHT nominate relatively reasonable SCOTUS justices and not offer mass amnesty to illegal aliens make him a marginally better choice from the average republicans POV?

We disagree on the immigration issue.   I'm a traditional Republican who favors freer and fairer trade and the better outcomes for consumers that it brings, and the need for immigration to help fuel economic growth.    As for the SCOTUS,  I admit that possibility,  but it's trumped by the specter of a vainglorious megalomaniac able to commit our troops to their doom.   Trump's temperamentally unfit to be CIC.   Sorry, that's the dealbreaker for me.   If it's not for you,  I understand.   Bottom line is that when this is over,  conservatives of reasonable minds and good will are going to have to unite as a loyal opposition.  I'll do my part to mend fences and accomplish that.  But first things first - no feckin' Trump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Trump's temperamentally unfit to be CIC.

If Trump presented himself to OCSS, not only would he be bounced from the school, he'd be discharged from the army as unfit.

Now, I don't insist or even expect the CinC to have military experience. The principle of civilian control of the military does not require that. What I DO expect is the CinC be able to live up to the same standards we expect from officers.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Which of the two is going to give us a court system that insures that the Republic continues into the abyss? Which provides a glimmer of hope.

Neither is not a cop out when one has promised it and the other has promised to make deals with the left on it.

Remember, it was a Conservative(sic) judge who upheld Obamacare (John Roberts) and gave us Roe v Wade (Harry Blackmun)... so why would you expect anything better from a populist who promises to made deals with liberals and has no conservative foundation.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:50:52 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline skeeter

"She won't have a mandate."

The press will declare a mandate regardless. And she will proceed as if she does. Since when in the last eight years have democrats cared about having a mandate? 

"We disagree on the immigration issue.   I'm a traditional Republican who favors freer and fairer trade and the better outcomes for consumers that it brings, and the need for immigration to help fuel economic growth."

There is NOTHING traditionally republican about accepting and legitimizing wholesale illegal immigration. If you're making a veiled reference to Simpson Mazolli then my understanding is many of those republicans who supported it, including Reagan, subsequently declared  it to be a huge mistake. I can tell you it certainly turned CA blue.

"As for the SCOTUS,  I admit that possibility"

Then that should be enough reason to inform your vote, as it is mine.

We are on the precipice. We've probably already fallen off, but I'm forced to hope a reasonable SCOTUS pick might represent some temporary foothold.

Offline musiclady

When a poster considered the truth to be a "cop out," said poster is conceding the argument.

The answer is NEITHER.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

You don't know the answer to that question yourself.

What we know about Trump is that he is known to sign contracts then break them when it comes time to pay.

What you think that you know about Trump as a political leader, comes from the mouth of Trump himself. He's made many a promise to his supporters... including loading the Court with people that will deliver a Conservative's agenda on things like abortion, etc.

What we know about Trump, is that he is willing to say anything to get what he wants. He's willing to play into people's emotions to give himself an advantage.

From "The Art of the Deal" - page 58:

“I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole.”

You don't have a clue about what Trump will do if he manages to win this election.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
You don't know the answer to that question yourself.

What we know about Trump is that he is known to sign contracts then break them when it comes time to pay.

What you think that you know about Trump as a political leader, comes from the mouth of Trump himself. He's made many a promise to his supporters... including loading the Court with people that will deliver a Conservative's agenda on things like abortion, etc.

What we know about Trump, is that he is willing to say anything to get what he wants. He's willing to play into people's emotions to give himself an advantage.

From "The Art of the Deal" - page 58:

You don't have a clue about what Trump will do if he manages to win this election.

@Luis Gonzalez @don-o
We know Trump is a wild card, immoral, unethical at times, without class and a host of other character attributes which a President should not have.

Hillary is many of the same things but she is dependable.  We know she will sell out America and we KNOW what she will push America towards.   We also know our GOP in Congress lacks the fortitude to fight her agenda.

So we can jump off a cliff or we can walk out onto a shaky bridge.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Bull.  Neither is the most honest answer anyone can give you.

The cop out is claiming we need to vote for the Liberal Trump because he's going to put Conservative judges on the bench when the equally Liberal Clinton won't.

That's scare tactics 101 plain and simple.

Besides...you know how Congress works...how the Dems are able to control both houses even when they are in the minority...what makes you honestly think even if Donny picks someone from his mythical "Conservative judge list"...they will make it through the Senate approval process in the first place?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

I disagree.
Hillary will nominate liberal justices, that part would be true.

Trump has proposed a federally funded maternity leave program, a re-introduction of the stop-and-frisk program, as well as strengthening the libel laws against the news media.
All of these things would fall outside of a strict interpretation viewpoint.

Do you think he would nominate justices that would go against his policy proposals?

Both would give us a court system that insures that the Republic continues into the abyss.
Neither provides a glimmer of hope.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
@Luis Gonzalez @don-o
We know Trump is a wild card, immoral, unethical at times, without class and a host of other character attributes which a President should not have.

Hillary is many of the same things but she is dependable.  We know she will sell out America and we KNOW what she will push America towards.   We also know our GOP in Congress lacks the fortitude to fight her agenda.

We're not going to have a GOP Congress because of Trump.

Mission accomplished Donald.

You lost what should have been a easily winnable election, and control, of Congress to boot.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

geronl

Breitbart has no credibility any longer.

Offline GrouchoTex

Breitbart has no credibility any longer.

They lost it with me some time ago.
They put the last nail in the coffin when they show the Cleveland Cavaliers downtown celebration photo, saying it was a Trump rally somewhere else (Florida, I think).

geronl

They lost it with me some time ago.
They put the last nail in the coffin when they show the Cleveland Cavaliers downtown celebration photo, saying it was a Trump rally somewhere else (Florida, I think).

Now it's a  hoax site

Offline Longmire

We're not going to have a GOP Congress because of Trump.

This blame game loser mindset typifies the duck and cover GOP.  :nono:

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Luis Gonzalez @don-o

Excellent synopsis!  That is exactly how I see our choices.   

I also dare say the GOP congress will put up a bigger fight against Trump than they ever would have against Obama or Hillary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —