Author Topic: Russia reveals chilling first images of super-nuke 'Satan 2' which has 'power to devastate area size of Texas'  (Read 1594 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Russia has revealed its biggest ever nuclear missile which is powerful enough to destroy a country as big as France with a single strike.

Vladimir Putin is seeking to replace his arsenal of SS-18 Satan weapons with the new RS-28 Sarmat super-nukes.

They are packed with up to 16 nuclear warheads according to pictures revealed online from the Makeyev Rocket Design Bureau....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russia-reveals-chilling-first-images-9118075

Oceander

Seems to me this is more smoke and mirrors than reality.  If it really were as advertised, the Russians wouldn't be publishing all the details about it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Seems to me this is more smoke and mirrors than reality.  If it really were as advertised, the Russians wouldn't be publishing all the details about it.

This would be classified as a 'deterrent weapon'. A deterrent weapon has no value unless everyone knows, or at least believes, you have it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

This would be classified as a 'deterrent weapon'. A deterrent weapon has no value unless everyone knows, or at least believes, you have it.

Yes, but the way to do that is by making sure that the other side "steals" just enough "secret" data so they feel they know what's going on.  You don't make all the details public.  It's a bluff, mostly designed to throw some red meat to the Russian populace; it's not designed to put the fear of God into Russia's opponents.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Yes, but the way to do that is by making sure that the other side "steals" just enough "secret" data so they feel they know what's going on.  You don't make all the details public.  It's a bluff, mostly designed to throw some red meat to the Russian populace; it's not designed to put the fear of God into Russia's opponents.

Everyone knows the communists (all of them) get a hard on parading their missiles around. They have been doing this since the days of Stalin. The difference between the 'parade' vs the 'leak' style is minimal.

Although most people think the missiles in the parades (such as this) are fake, still it sows a seed of doubt and may cause the enemy to alter military plans to prepare for it anyway, just in case.

The communists consider that to be a win.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Waitaminit!

I thought there were START treaty provisions that eliminated the multi warhead MIRV bus on ICBMs

Either way, Russia is in violation of the Treaty: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-doubling-nuclear-warheads/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:37:04 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

Waitaminit!

I thought there were START treaty provisions that eliminated the multi warhead MIRV bus on ICBMs

As the North Koreans said when the Clinton admin gave them nuclear power plants for not building nukes... "That's your treaty, not ours"

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck