Author Topic: David French: The Price I've Paid for Opposing Donald Trump  (Read 6799 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: David French: The Price I've Paid for Opposing Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 04:06:10 am »
Or you could respond to some of the legitimate issues I've raised, but that would require some effort on your part wouldn't it?

Legitimate issues, LOL?  You claim that gamers (seriously?) have learned the language and have taken on the persona of the alt-right?  It's up to you to prove that.  I have seen far too many attacked by them that are not gamers that your "look over there at that unicorn" misdirection only makes me roll my eyes..  You are the one that has attempted to deflect and shift blame from those who attack French.  Why do you find it so important to do that?  Are you alt-right?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2016, 04:55:40 am »
Legitimate issues, LOL?  You claim that gamers (seriously?) have learned the language and have taken on the persona of the alt-right?  It's up to you to prove that.

They have. Though gamergate seems to have died a much needed and unmourned death. Don't forget Milo Yappylittleshit latched on to gamers as a way of boosting his profile (well documented). So did Mike Cernovich, despite his oft repeated previous disdain for "basement dwelling gaming nerds."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:56:58 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2016, 12:35:06 pm »
Fact based opinion doesn't constitute ad hominem, clearly I didn't attack French personally or call him any names. :shrug:
So calling a 40-year-old family man with a law degree and a full-time job at a national publication a "gamer" as a basis for excusing threats of violence against his family isn't name-calling?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:35:37 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Longmire

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2016, 01:06:05 pm »
I just called you out elsewhere on this board for the same thing you accuse @LadyLiberty of.

Who knows what you're referring to here...I just checked my mentions and didn't see any from you.  :shrug:

If you did in fact 'call me out' then it must have been so meekly I didn't notice.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2016, 02:50:00 pm »
They have. Though gamergate seems to have died a much needed and unmourned death. Don't forget Milo Yappylittleshit latched on to gamers as a way of boosting his profile (well documented). So did Mike Cernovich, despite his oft repeated previous disdain for "basement dwelling gaming nerds."

David French's anti-social justice warrior writing actually dovetails nicely with Milo Yiannopoulos, Razib Khan, and the other 'white' nationalists on the alt-right.  :laugh:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2016, 04:02:52 pm »
David French's anti-social justice warrior writing actually dovetails nicely with Milo Yiannopoulos, Razib Khan, and the other 'white' nationalists on the alt-right.  :laugh:

From everything that I've read on this thread, you seem to believe that the kind of threats and vitriol that French and his family have been objected to, are not only to be expected but in fact perfectly acceptable because of past behaviors, his sojourn into politics and some unproven allegations that you may have about his personal habits and his known associates.

Based on that, those who level threats and vitriol against Donald Trump and his family, are simply engaging in expected (and simply put) acceptable behavior due to Trump's KNOWN past behavior(s), his sojourn into politics, and all the allegations out there about his personal (and business) habits as well as his known associates (the Clintons).

Thank you for clarifying that. 
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2016, 04:05:02 pm »
From everything that I've read on this thread, you seem to believe that the kind of threats and vitriol that French and his family have been objected to, are not only to be expected but in fact perfectly acceptable because of past behaviors, his sojourn into politics and some unproven allegations that you may have about his personal habits and his known associates.

Based on that, those who level threats and vitriol against Donald Trump and his family, are simply engaging in expected (and simply put) acceptable behavior due to Trump's KNOWN past behavior(s), his sojourn into politics, and all the allegations out there about his personal (and business) habits as well as his known associates (the Clintons).

Thank you for clarifying that. 

Best mind your manners, Luis, or you'll get Longmired

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2016, 04:09:37 pm »
Just a little tidbit just being reported.    Curt Shilling hired by Breitbart.   Hah, he questioned why the Jews vote democrat.  He's the perfect fit for alt/right.

HonestJohn

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2016, 04:21:29 pm »
Just a little tidbit just being reported.    Curt Shilling hired by Breitbart.   Hah, he questioned why the Jews vote democrat.  He's the perfect fit for alt/right.

Another case of "We hate Jews, we say vile things about Jews, we threaten to restart the Holocaust, we encourage others to kill you by publishing your address and where your children go to school... why don't you vote for us?!?"

Which is the GOP this election cycle.  The "alt-right" is part of the GOP, so what they do is (if not vigorously fought by the GOP) *IS* the actions of the GOP.

And the organization of the GOP and most of its politicians have rolled over and let it happened.  With mealy mouthed statements of disgust AFTERWARDS!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:24:55 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2016, 04:29:50 pm »

Questioning why the Jews vote Democrat makes you alt-right? Guess I'm alt-right then.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2016, 08:25:05 pm »

Have you actually watched the interview with Jake Tapper?  Schilling wasn't in any way negative toward Judaism or Jews in general.  He asked a serious, reasonable question that many of us have wondered about over the years.  Tapper answered it reasonably.  There was no animus on either side.  But predictably, the left and the MSM (but I repeat myself) is going batcrap crazy over the interview, completely mischaracterizing it so they can shriek about it.  There was nothing Schilling said that a reasonable conservative wouldn't say.  If he's a perfect fit for the alt-right, then alt-right doesn't mean what I thought it did.  But actually, I just think you're wrong in your assessment.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2016, 08:33:37 pm »

Questioning why the Jews vote Democrat makes you alt-right? Guess I'm alt-right then.

You and a lot of the rest of us...........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2016, 09:15:14 pm »
And that was an appropriate question to ask??? So Tapper should answer for every Jewish person in the country.
Really????  Evidently his brilliance, Shilling, thinks all the Jewish people should be lining up to vote for his hero, Trump.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2016, 10:02:25 pm »
Maybe French should've sat down and compared notes with Trump before writing about his 'ordeal'.  :nono:
How can you defend that crap? Really?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2016, 10:06:28 pm »
And that was an appropriate question to ask??? So Tapper should answer for every Jewish person in the country.
Really????  Evidently his brilliance, Shilling, thinks all the Jewish people should be lining up to vote for his hero, Trump.

Again, did you watch the video?  He didn't ask Tapper to represent every Jew in the US, he just asked his opinion as someone who has been involved with the Jewish community his entire life.  And your last sentence has nothing to do with what Schilling asked; it's pretty much setting up a strawman.  We call others out for doing that--we shouldn't be doing it ourselves.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Longmire

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2016, 11:11:33 pm »

Analysis of imagined interpretations is dull and boring.  :pondering:

Next time try writing non fiction.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2016, 11:27:18 pm »

That little move might cost him the Hall of Fame.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.