Author Topic: Texas becomes tossup, RealClearPolitics declares  (Read 3908 times)

Oceander

Re: Texas becomes tossup, RealClearPolitics declares
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 02:41:38 am »
Our early voting starts tomorrow.  I'll be one of the ones in line to vote (down ticket only.)

:thumbsup:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 02:47:25 am »
And the remainder of the state is comprised of Conservatives.  So it is going to be difficult for a liberal like Trump to win Texas.

No it won't really be that difficult at all.

But keep praying anyway... :0001:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 03:03:59 am »
No it won't really be that difficult at all.

But keep praying anyway... :0001:

The fact that Texas is in play at all reveals the disaster of a candidate called Trump.  Since you're supporting a liberal already, you should be happy with a Clinton win.  As for me, this election was lost in Cleveland.  The GOP Establishment had a choice between consolidating their own power or giving us a candidate that could win in November.  They chose their own interests ahead of those of the country.  And they still have you carrying their water for them as you support a candidate who supports Obamacare mandates, proposes a $1 trillion stimulus bill, says he will start a brand new federal entitlement program for childcare, and pledges to continue taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.  All of these are liberal positions.  And you support the candidate who will make them happen.  That makes you a liberal.

Trump has already said he doesn't need Conservative support.  So what the hell are you doing here anyway?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 03:42:36 am »
Trump will win Texas at a walk even without my vote.
@Bigun
@mystery-ak
CatherineofAragon

I believe Texas Republican women and Republican women across the country will vote for Clinton or skip that ballot position and here is psychologically why:
They know Trump said, "It is hard for a woman to be a 10 with a flat chest."
They know Trump said, "When your woman becomes 35, it's time to get another one."
They know Trump said, "Clinton walked in front of me and I wasn't impressed."
They know Trump said, "Look at her - do you want that for President?"
They know Trump said about one of the women who accused him of sexual assault that she wasn't pretty enough for him to consider her.

They know Trump treats women as furniture with no redeeming value and they will not want a president who considers them less than a person, when they are important to their family and they have accomplishments too, and they are not going to vote for him and their finest hour will be to vote for Clinton so she will win and be WOMAN President OVER Trump.  They want to give Trump some of his own medicine, create a woman with power over him.  That is payback.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 10:11:09 am »
Here in my very red corner of Texas, it is hard to even believe that this is a presidential election year.  Hardly any signs at all.

We Texans just don't like loud obnoxious NY yankees.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline plewis1250

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 11:30:37 am »

I'm in a RED County bordering a Blue (bexar) but my House District runs from north San Antonio to South Austin, needless to say he's entrenched, since 1995 (Lloyd Doggett).

It could always be worse I could live in the 18th.

Oh gosh...

Fellow Comal county resident here, ours is NOT much better... entrenched RINO Lamar Smith...
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

geronl

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 11:46:15 am »
This confirms our worst fears from when Trump was nominated.  Texas has at least 2:1 GOP representation up and down the ballot.  Come January, most of that advantage will be gone.  It's the same mess we face in the swing states, though the firewall is thicker perhaps in the south.

Trump has done more damage to the GOP and conservatism in a year than the Clintons and Obama have ever done. GOP turnout is going to be way, way down this time around. Democrats might even take control of Congress.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2016, 12:32:27 pm »
Trump has done more damage to the GOP and conservatism in a year than the Clintons and Obama have ever done. GOP turnout is going to be way, way down this time around. Democrats might even take control of Congress.
For the first time in my life I'm actually heading into an election "undecided."  Not about Hillary, mind you.  I could never vote for her.  But about whether or not to vote Conservative, with zero chance of winning, or Trump.

If Trump really is at risk of losing TX, then he's a lost cause anyway, and he's heading toward a +40 state electoral beatdown.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2016, 01:08:41 pm »
Riiiight.

Because Austin and Dallas are so conservative, yes?

Dallas is more than "Trumped" by the suburbs in North Texas. In fact, the suburbs and rural areas are Cruz country. I'll opine that the closest Hillary gets is 5%. There are plenty of signs for local candidates, none for Trump or Hillary.

Dallas and Fort Worth have a combined population of 1.5 million, the suburbs account for 5 million. Advantage Trump, though he's working hard to drive away pro-life and religious voters with his latest antics.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2016, 02:36:49 pm »
@Bigun
@mystery-ak
CatherineofAragon

I believe Texas Republican women and Republican women across the country will vote for Clinton or skip that ballot position and here is psychologically why:
They know Trump said, "It is hard for a woman to be a 10 with a flat chest."
They know Trump said, "When your woman becomes 35, it's time to get another one."
They know Trump said, "Clinton walked in front of me and I wasn't impressed."
They know Trump said, "Look at her - do you want that for President?"
They know Trump said about one of the women who accused him of sexual assault that she wasn't pretty enough for him to consider her.

They know Trump treats women as furniture with no redeeming value and they will not want a president who considers them less than a person, when they are important to their family and they have accomplishments too, and they are not going to vote for him and their finest hour will be to vote for Clinton so she will win and be WOMAN President OVER Trump.  They want to give Trump some of his own medicine, create a woman with power over him.  That is payback.

Well I know one who will not be voting for Trump. My bride of almost 49 years now cannot stand the man however he will still easily win Texas.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 02:37:42 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2016, 02:40:28 pm »

I'm in a RED County bordering a Blue (bexar) but my House District runs from north San Antonio to South Austin, needless to say he's entrenched, since 1995 (Lloyd Doggett).

It could always be worse I could live in the 18th.

Still amazes me that the Carpet bagging idiot (she is from Queens N.Y.) continues to get re elected in Texas!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2016, 03:43:38 pm »
I believe Texas Republican women and Republican women across the country will vote for Clinton or skip that ballot position...

I haven't heard from a single Texas woman that considers herself republican or conservative that has chosen to vote for Clinton.

I heard from a few that are voting third party.  Mostly those plan to vote for Trump.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline chae

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2016, 03:49:50 pm »
Give Trump and his supporters credit here, they did say that they were going to totally change the electoral map, and it looks like that's happening.