Author Topic: Karl Rove: 'I dont see' Trump winning the election  (Read 1274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Karl Rove: 'I dont see' Trump winning the election
« on: October 23, 2016, 09:13:51 pm »
October 23, 2016, 03:34 pm
Karl Rove: 'I dont see' Trump winning the election

By Rebecca Savransky

Republican strategist Karl Rove on Sunday said he doesn't expect Donald Trump to win the presidential election.

"I don't see it happening," Rove said on "Fox News Sunday."

If the GOP nominee "plays an inside straight, he could get it, but I doubt that he's going to be able to play it," Rove added.

Trump appears to be able to secure 186 electoral votes when counting the states where he is leading outside of the polling margin of error or is "thought comfortably put away," Rove said.

"That compares to Romney's 206," Rove said.
"That's Romney's states minus Arizona and North Carolina, where he’s behind, and plus Iowa, where he's ahead. There's only one other -- he's ahead in Ohio by less than one point. That gets him to 214."

Florida is the only other state in which the GOP nominee is within 4 points of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, Rove said. With Florida, Trump would be at 243 electoral votes.

"And everything else ranges from 4.3 to 10 points — all the rest of the battleground states," Rove said.

"He would have to not only win two states where he is either only slightly ahead or behind by four, but he would have to pick up states where he is behind, at, or above the national average," Rove said.

Rove said "maybe" it could happen, but he doesn't think it will.

"I doubt that in the just over two weeks that we've got left, conducting the kind of campaign that he is conducting," Rove said, "that he's going to be able to swing one out of every, you know, 10 voters, one out of every 12 voters, one out of every 15 voters and one out of every six voters in a state, and convert them."

Trump is polling behind Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton by 5.6 points, according to the RealClearPolitics average of polls. He is also trailing his Democratic rival in several battleground states.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/302416-karl-rove-i-dont-see-trump-winning-presidential-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Karl Rove: 'I dont see' Trump winning the election
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 09:36:53 pm »
Oh Boy... if Karl Rove said that, then Trump has a good chance.

The guy's record is on par with Dick Morris.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 09:38:37 pm »

I LOLed on that.

888high58888

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 09:41:25 pm »
"I doubt that in the just over two weeks that we've got left, conducting the kind of campaign that he is conducting," Rove said

Any minute now Karl, he'll pivot to being so Presidential it will bore you.

Besides you have been relegated to the Pat Caddell school of Election predictions after holding out for Romney so long in 2012.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 09:48:42 pm »
I LOLed on that.

888high58888

Me too!

Bring out the white board and marker.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 09:49:29 pm »

Offline musiclady

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 09:54:40 pm »
“Who cares what that failed neocon Karl Rove thinks?” ―Trump caucus members, presumably
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 09:58:22 pm »
Me too!

Bring out the white board and marker.  ^-^

He did  !!!! :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 10:03:24 pm »

He won two elections with Bush.   He was certainly wrong in 2012, but so were most Republicans.

Do you disagree?  I don't.  There's no way Trump comes back from where he is now.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 10:16:43 pm »
He won two elections with Bush.   He was certainly wrong in 2012, but so were most Republicans.

Do you disagree?  I don't.  There's no way Trump comes back from where he is now.

Probability wise, Trump has long odds to win.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 10:29:57 pm »

Completely agree.  Trump can't recover from his (deliberately) horrid campaign.