Author Topic: I Was Wrong About Donald Trump But It’s Not My Fault  (Read 5599 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: I Was Wrong About Donald Trump But It’s Not My Fault
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 12:56:01 am »
Mr Berman,

When a man is wrong he apologizes, not makes excuses.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 01:01:06 am »
Living in NJ, we all knew all there was to know about Donald Trump and none of it was good.

Living in Texas and being [proudly] ignorant of most pop culture and "reality shows," I was unprepared for what a schmuck he was! I wasn't worried, though, because I figured everyone could see his schmuckiness for themselves and he'd be laughed out of the race. Imagine my shock when he caught on! 
:dropjaw:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

geronl

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 01:17:03 am »
They did not expect Trump to beat out their candidates.

It was all about stopping Ted Cruz

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 01:23:09 am »

[attachment deleted by admin]

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

HonestJohn

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 01:26:51 am »

I don't think that was even a thought at the beginning.  Every pundit was saying that it'd be another Bush vs Clinton match.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 01:47:03 am »
Jeb Bush was an outstanding twice elected governor Florida.  Great on education, great on taxes, and worked hard dealing with the illegal drug problem there.  He was out of politics too long and was unprepared for the likes of tRump.
Walker, while a successful Wisconsin governor didn't seem to have the gravitas to win primaries against the loudmouthed pig.  Kasich was simply too far to the left to win over voters.  His moralizing was pathetic.

geronl

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 01:57:41 am »
Jeb Bush was an outstanding twice elected governor Florida.  Great on education, great on taxes, and worked hard dealing with the illegal drug problem there.  He was out of politics too long and was unprepared for the likes of tRump.
Walker, while a successful Wisconsin governor didn't seem to have the gravitas to win primaries against the loudmouthed pig.  Kasich was simply too far to the left to win over voters.  His moralizing was pathetic.

Jeb Bush attacked conservatives and pitched his tent on appealing to moderates.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2016, 07:24:32 am »
I don't think any in the field were ready for the Trump onslaught. There has been some bare knuckle mudslinging politics over the years, but this was unprecedented in modern memory.

I think the idea of another Bush was just too much for voters, and the immigration issue hurt JEB.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2016, 01:14:29 pm »
I don't think any in the field were ready for the Trump onslaught. There has been some bare knuckle mudslinging politics over the years, but this was unprecedented in modern memory.

I think the idea of another Bush was just too much for voters, and the immigration issue hurt JEB.

The idea of another Bush was too much for me.

Trump could have been put away early, but the strategy of his opponents seemed to be "let's be the last man standing next to Trump". Obviously, that didn't work. It might have, had Kasich dropped out, but Ted Cruz was deemed more of an enemy to McConnell, Priebus, and Ryan than Trump.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2016, 01:19:50 pm »
Jeb Bush attacked conservatives and pitched his tent on appealing to moderates.

I remember Rush absolutely dismantling Jeb over this tactic and his whole "I'm going to win without Conservatives"

Trump has done the same thing and then some and he's considered a genius by the same people who derided Jeb over it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2016, 01:21:26 pm »
It's just "locker room talk"...why are you offended?

@txradioguy

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2016, 02:57:24 pm »

It's a Political Blog not a self induced morality/principles test.

You're kidding,  right?   All I hear anymore on this blog is preening self-virtue proclamations.   

People never seem to get tired of informing us how much more ethical and virtuous they are then we because they would never stoop so low as to vote for someone with bad morals.   

That this may very well hand power to the most evil rage-witch of which we can conceive,  is immaterial to the "virtue signalers"  so long as they can continue telling us how much more "morally superior" they are.   

"Thank God I am not like that publican over there!"   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2016, 03:01:25 pm »

You're kidding,  right?   All I hear anymore on this blog is preening self-virtue proclamations.   

People never seem to get tired of informing us how much more ethical and virtuous they are then we because they would never stoop so low as to vote for someone with bad morals.   

That this may very well hand power to the most evil rage-witch of which we can conceive,  is immaterial to the "virtue signalers"  so long as they can continue telling us how much more "morally superior" they are.   

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2016, 03:03:36 pm »

Well, FR is still operational for the moment. You DO have options if this place upsets you so deeply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2016, 03:17:32 pm »

You're  rebuttal is "You're one too!"   What are you,  five?   

It does not make a tinker's D@mn if I am one too,   I am not trying to pretend to be a paragon of virtue.   You have not addressed my valid criticism that you people spend most of your time telling us all how you are so much better than we because you won't support a candidate with what you consider to be "low morals."   

How about you stop preening about your great level of virtue?   The Virtuous do not crow their virtue everyday.   You people have said your say,  you've made you point,  you've explained to us all how you are much too moral to support a flawed candidate,   so how about you shaddup about it now?   

Your point does not get any clearer by repetition,  and indeed your repetition seems more like vanity than it does anything else.    Your "I told you so's"   also serve only to elevate yourselves,  and accomplish nothing more.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 03:20:47 pm »
Well, FR is still operational for the moment. You DO have options if this place upsets you so deeply.

5And when king David came to Bahurim, behold, thence came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed still as he came. 6And he cast stones at David, and at all the servants of king David: and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right hand and on his left. 7And thus said Shimei when he cursed, Come out, come out, thou bloody man, and thou man of Belial: 8The LORD hath returned upon thee all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose stead thou hast reigned; and the LORD hath delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom thy son: and, behold, thou art taken in thy mischief, because thou art a bloody man.

9Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head. 10And the king said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah? so let him curse, because the LORD hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore hast thou done so? 11And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? let him alone, and let him curse; for the LORD hath bidden him. 12It may be that the LORD will
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline corbe

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2016, 03:26:31 pm »
   @DiogenesLamp  Bill Clinton taught us that Morals can be compromised and dealt with by most people, regardless of the scumminess, BUT for a Conservative, NY or NE LIBERALISM is just

That clear anything up for you?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2016, 03:31:55 pm »

You're  rebuttal is "You're one too!"   What are you,  five?   

I respond accordingly to the level of intellect I'm dealing with. 

And the way you're going...I'm about to have to break out the crayons.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2016, 03:33:28 pm »

5And when king David came to Bahurim, behold, thence came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed still as he came. 6And he cast stones at David, and at all the servants of king David: and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right hand and on his left. 7And thus said Shimei when he cursed, Come out, come out, thou bloody man, and thou man of Belial: 8The LORD hath returned upon thee all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose stead thou hast reigned; and the LORD hath delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom thy son: and, behold, thou art taken in thy mischief, because thou art a bloody man.

9Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head. 10And the king said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah? so let him curse, because the LORD hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore hast thou done so? 11And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? let him alone, and let him curse; for the LORD hath bidden him. 12It may be that the LORD will

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2016, 03:37:22 pm »

Is it just me or do you find it kinda distasteful for a Trump supporter to start quoting Bible verses as us?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2016, 03:40:48 pm »
Is it just me or do you find it kinda distasteful for a Trump supporter to start quoting Bible verses as us?

Shame on you. He's virtue signalling, something you aren't supposed to notice when he does it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2016, 03:51:00 pm »
Shame on you. He's virtue signalling, something you aren't supposed to notice when he does it.

http://www.8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com/super-8.htm

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2016, 05:23:43 pm »
It's just "locker room talk"...why are you offended?
888high58888
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2016, 06:12:36 pm »
It does not make a tinker's D@mn if I am one too,   I am not trying to pretend to be a paragon of virtue.   You have not addressed my valid criticism that you people spend most of your time telling us all how you are so much better than we because you won't support a candidate with what you consider to be "low morals."  How about you stop preening about your great level of virtue?   The Virtuous do not crow their virtue everyday.   You people have said your say,  you've made you point,  you've explained to us all how you are much too moral to support a flawed candidate,   so how about you shaddup about it now?   

Your point does not get any clearer by repetition,  and indeed your repetition seems more like vanity than it does anything else.    Your "I told you so's"   also serve only to elevate yourselves,  and accomplish nothing more.
When you stop making false smears against us accusing us of "wanting Hillary to win," then we'll talk.

Until then, we will continue to maintain that both your candidate and the other major candidate are both unacceptable, and we will continue until Election Day doing everything we legally can do to stop both, as long of a shot as it is.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2016, 06:14:26 pm »

I am beginning to see the merit of hanging around here just to piss certain people off.   

9Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head. 10And the king said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah? so let him curse, because the LORD hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore hast thou done so? 11And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? let him alone, and let him curse; for the LORD hath bidden him.
— Lord Melbourne —