Author Topic: Could a President Clinton heal a divided nation?  (Read 10449 times)

Offline kjam22

Re: Could a President Clinton heal a divided nation?
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2016, 04:09:19 pm »
With all due respect, that attitude sounds very much like ones I imagine were displayed in the last years, months and days of the Roman Empire. Being proud of an attitude of indifference to the fate of the nation is sort of callous, don't you think? Maybe I misunderstood your meaning, but letting Hill-O-Lies win and then taking satisfaction in her destruction while she does much to bring the nation further down with her?

This all sort of sounds similar to things I have heard embittered divorcees say about their ex wives when they hear that they are dating someone who is a loser -  they say things like they hope they burn up in a car crash, or that ther house burns down or that they fall off a cliff.

I don't think they really mean these things any more than I believe that people like you mean the things they say such as in your post. 

This especially since the plans that Hill-O-Lies and the 'Crats have for the nation are so radical and insane that they could very well weaken the USA and turn it into a full-on third world hell hole. I can't believe that you or anyone else wants to see that happen.
i mean it.   If this country elects her we deserve everything that happens.   I don't want the repubs to try and hold her back.   I want it to all collapse.  Only after the collapse can we rid this country of the cancer 47 percenters
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2016, 04:14:21 pm »
Well if they voted for it, let them get hurt.  Elections have consequences.  I hope Hillary's Presidency goes down in flames.

Too cute by half.  The problem is that "they" includes the military who will be called upon to enforce her idiocies; and people everywhere, regardless of who they voted for.

It'll probably include you and me, too.

Her presidency will no doubt go down in flames, but she'll take a lot of innocent people with her.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2016, 04:14:23 pm »
i mean it.   If this country elects her we deserve everything that happens.   I don't want the repubs to try and hold her back.   I want it to all collapse.  Only after the collapse can we rid this country of the cancer 47 percenters

John Galt, is that you? ;)

Offline skeeter

« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2016, 04:18:19 pm »

It won't collapse. She'll act on leftist hot button issues, gun control, LGBT crap, etc. But since she is in this to make bank herself she will not do anything to upset the big money oligarchs. Keep the stock market rolling & EBTs charged up and all of the serfs will stay happy.

Of course all of this isn't sustainable over the long term, but it won't collapse. Our basic freedoms and relatively high standard of living will just continue to slip away.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2016, 04:24:17 pm »
It won't collapse. She'll act on leftist hot button issues, gun control, LGBT crap, etc. But since she is in this to make bank herself she will not do anything to upset the big money oligarchs. Keep the stock market rolling & EBTs charged up and all of the serfs will stay happy.

Of course all of this isn't sustainable over the long term, but it won't collapse. Our basic freedoms and relatively high standard of living will just continue to slip away.
it will collapse. 
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2016, 04:25:31 pm »

Well if that's the kind of country they want, they can have it.   I don't have to be a part of it.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2016, 04:27:04 pm »

John Galt, is that you? ;)
.  Lol.   Nope, I'm Ben Cartwright.   

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2016, 07:01:43 pm »
Could a President Clinton heel...

Oh, heAl a divided nation?

In a word...NO!

Next question!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
She's an evil, conniving, scheming, lying and vindictive witch...she has no plans to "heal" anything.

I loathe that female and any who willingly associate with her with every fiber of my body and soul.

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2016, 07:13:57 pm »

I think you're exactly right.  The only thing I'd add is that I think some of the steps she'd take would make it impossible, as a practical matter, for anyone other than a Democrat to win the Presidency.  So while it won't be a collapse, it will be a slow, inevitable, irreversible decline.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2016, 07:38:48 pm »
I think you're exactly right.  The only thing I'd add is that I think some of the steps she'd take would make it impossible, as a practical matter, for anyone other than a Democrat to win the Presidency.  So while it won't be a collapse, it will be a slow, inevitable, irreversible decline.

That's possible, assuming no real crises occur during her time in office. 

However, if the economic and geopolitical situations are as unstable as I believe them to be, I could easily see a crisis coming to a head, and Hillary Clinton being unable to deal with it or, more likely, dealing with it in a way that makes it worse.  In that case, all bets are off.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2016, 07:45:40 pm »
That's possible, assuming no real crises occur during her time in office. 

However, if the economic and geopolitical situations are as unstable as I believe them to be, I could easily see a crisis coming to a head, and Hillary Clinton being unable to deal with it or, more likely, dealing with it in a way that makes it worse.  In that case, all bets are off.

Those emails aren't going to go away even if she wins.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:13 pm »

They will go away, for all practical purposes, unless some left-accepted media organization decides it's time to stop protecting her.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2016, 08:44:46 pm »
No. 

Offline beandog

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2016, 09:10:36 pm »
 :amen:
She's an evil, conniving, scheming, lying and vindictive witch...she has no plans to "heal" anything.

I loathe that female and any who willingly associate with her with every fiber of my body and soul.
:amen:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2016, 09:51:39 pm »

Yep.

And we've all seen the pic of them all together yukking it up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2016, 09:55:59 pm »

We something in common...

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2016, 09:59:55 pm »

Why not?  I'm really curious about that.

The only think I can see is if one of the state AG's decides to go after the Clinton Foundation, and the Feds can't figure out a way to stop them.  But in terms of the Feds, including the FBI, I think it's game after she wins.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2016, 10:08:14 pm »

Well you are much more optimistic than I am.  The land of this country will still be here, but if Hillary Clinton is elected president, the conditions under which we live will be dramatically changed. She has been quoted as saying that she wants open borders for the Western Hemisphere.  Yes she will act on immigration and gun control, leaving the door wide open for terrorist attacks and a situation much like they have over in Europe as a result of massive, unchecked immigration.    IMHO the one big reason our Republic has stayed in tact for the duration is due to our continued rights under the 2nd amendment.  Once that right is taken or greatly infringed upon, so will all of our other rights.  We will not have a SCOTUS that rules according to the Constitution but rather one that rules according to political correctness.  The overreach of government will far surpass anything Hussein has done. There will be no reversing her agenda; not with millions of new immigrants granted citizen status with the eligibility to vote. Collapsing this country is her agenda; Hillary's America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9_wMKyCJ9Y

http://www.dineshdsouza.com/movies/hillarys-america/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.