Author Topic: Where do conservatives belong?  (Read 847 times)

Online corbe

Where do conservatives belong?
« on: October 22, 2016, 06:29:28 pm »
Where do conservatives belong?   
4 hours ago by Michael Jones

While this may seem like an obscene question, it is one that we should all take a moment to think about: “Where do we conservatives belong in the realm that is politics today?’

While the quick and easy answer is the Republican Party, what have they really done for us? Most of the time, they either refuse our strict conservative values, or just refuse to fight for them.

This past election for example, we had several candidates with good strong conservative values. Yet the GOP immediately wrote them off as being too far right to win the general, and thus backed the more moderate candidates. While a lot of Republicans claim to have strong conservative values, are they being honest? And if so, will they fight tooth and nail to defend the well-being of such values?

Now, just because the GOP isn’t rallying behind strict conservative values, that doesn’t mean the Democrats are – they are the opponent. And most Republicans just sit on the sidelines. So, if the GOP doesn’t reflect our beliefs, and the Democrats oppose us, where are we conservatives supposed to stand? The answer is with our own political party.

History throughout parties

Throughout history, conservatism has made its home in several different parties – or bounced around through different ones. Between going from the Whigs, some Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, and now the Tea Party, conservatives merely sought a solid place to push conservatism’s platform nationally. With the possible exception of the newly-formed Tea Party, even today’s both major parties have failed. They either failed because the party would no longer show strong support for the conservative, and push their values (Republicans); or the party values substantially changed, and they no longer align with conservatism (Democrats).

<..snip..>

http://thenewamericana.com/2016/10/22/where-do-conservatives-belong/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Where do conservatives belong?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:40:07 pm »
   IN THE CONSTITUTION PARTY!

The GOP is dead, taken over by Big Money and Idiot Liberals.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 07:14:54 pm »
Not in the Republican Party.  As soon as the moderates took control, they stood against NOTHING except conservatives in their own party.  We would be far better off with a small minority party that is trustworthy as constitutional conservatives that we are with this "big tent" that elevates liberals (might as well say Democrats) and seeks to crush conservatives.  Essentially the GOP majority has been functioning as a minority party.  It does it willfully by siding with Obama and the Democrats on everything substantive, except for rhetoric, so they can keep their masks on.  They fight against conservatives within their own party, crushing their right to represent the voters who put them there.  For example, the crushing and shaming of Ted Cruz was actually an attack on all of Texas.  When McConnell lied to Cruz about procedure, the state of Texas was robbed of their 1/100th portion representation in the Senate.  How?  By a lying GOP leader scamming their elected Senator out of his opportunity to be their voice and vote.

There are zillions of examples.  How about the way they lied abut Huleskamp?  The Republican power brokers HATE conservatives.  I saw we dump the Republican Party.  That's what I'm doing.

I think you have a point. As an identifiable minority maybe we would at least be effective as a swing voting block available to whomever is willing to throw us a bone. Probably the best we can expect anymore.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 07:15:14 pm »
I've been in the Repub Party now for over 30 years...I now consider myself an Independent. I am not going to join another Party..I will just vote my conscience and what I believe in from now on...whatever candidate shares my values gets my vote and money......btw it will NEVER be a Dem
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 08:12:07 pm »
I've been in the Repub Party now for over 30 years...I now consider myself an Independent. I am not going to join another Party..I will just vote my conscience and what I believe in from now on...whatever candidate shares my values gets my vote and money......btw it will NEVER be a Dem

I've been doing this same thing for the past 10 years.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 09:06:35 pm »
I think you have a point. As an identifiable minority maybe we would at least be effective as a swing voting block available to whomever is willing to throw us a bone. Probably the best we can expect anymore.

We are and most people can't see the forest for the trees.

We told the GOP/RINO wing that Romney was a no go. They did it and he lost because we didn't play along.

We told the nutcase left that pushed Trump no. He is losing and will lose because we did not play along.

Thats 2 for 2. And if they do it again in 20 it will be 3 for 3. So WE actually are the kingmakers and should remind them of that often. The Dems they replaced us with crossed back over as we told them they would once Trump was enshrined. They will do it the next time the GOP counts on them as well.

History is what it is.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 09:26:33 pm »
Conservatives need to realize there are a lot more moderates than conservatives, and we have a lot of work to do before expecting anyone is going to hand over power to a minority.  And that work is to change from a minority back to a majority.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 09:28:44 pm »
Conservatives need to realize there are a lot more moderates than conservatives, and we have a lot of work to do before expecting anyone is going to hand over power to a minority.  And that work is to change from a minority back to a majority.

Thats true. But we have enough power to block the liberal dominance that has infected the right. Once thats in process and people understand that, we can recruit to the cause.