Author Topic: Parking boots are being replaced by this yellow monstrosity  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Parking boots are being replaced by this yellow monstrosity
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 12:30:32 am »
@Frank Cannon

I remember back in the 80's seeing tons of cars with the ZZO stickers cut up to say that. Good times. Personally my go to station was the Adult Contemporary station WLEV 96.1 before it went country. During commercials I would hit ZZO because it was a quick tune on the dial......back when we had actual dials on car radios.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Somewhere in the family audio tape archives, I saved from destruction several tape recordings my brother made off the radio... it's interesting to hear 80's music from Q-100 recorded at the time.

He also taped Channel 6 off the radio in the late 80s.  When we would go on road trips in the mid to late 90's with friends, those tapes were like books on tape for us... the modern Mission: Impossible... and a few NYPD Blue episodes.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 09:29:11 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Somewhere in the family audio tape archives, I saved from destruction several tape recordings my brother made off the radio... it's interesting to hear 80's music from Q-100 recorded at the time.

He also taped Channel 6 off the radio in the late 80s.  When we would go on road trips in the mid to late 90's with friends, those tapes were like books on tape for us... the modern Mission: Impossible... and a few NYPD Blue episodes.

Those are worth money. I actually bought some old airchecks and there is a group of people around who collect them. It's slightly illegal because of copyrights on the songs but they are still available.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 04:49:52 pm »
Those are worth money. I actually bought some old airchecks and there is a group of people around who collect them. It's slightly illegal because of copyrights on the songs but they are still available.

hah hah Money you say! That's weird.  Weird!. My next door neighbor Mark from Australia used to roadie for rock bands. One day a DJ he was working with who was losing his job because the station was closing, took Mark's arm and whispered, "Hey, check this out!" He had ripped the playlist from the station from Day One and put it on a digital disk. Every top 40 rock-and-roll song from the last sixty years, all on one I-Pod. Thousands of them in order of appearance on the charts. Mark knows what his friends want for Christmas. It's awesome. No doubt if the owners of the station found out they'd be angry as Hell.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:07:30 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)