Author Topic: TRUMP: A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN REAGAN  (Read 14947 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: TRUMP: A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN REAGAN
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2016, 05:02:29 pm »
Thats the liberal way. Every move they make has a 100% liberal analog to it in history. Thus they are liberals doing what all liberals do.

Basically an orange version of BLM except without the balls to get out from behind the computer screen.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:03:22 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2016, 05:03:38 pm »
You mean "cute" as in "threatening violence?"

I wonder if these are keyboard wimps who are afraid of their own shadows (or their mothers' voices upstairs) or if they are really capable of carrying out the threat of getting even with non Trump supporters.

In either case, these people are not funny or cute, and I'm glad the Mods are dealing with them.

"Cute" as in trying to say it with just enough wiggle room to claim plausible deniability when called on it later.  Wasn't cute enough this time. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2016, 05:04:42 pm »
"Cute" as in trying to say it with just enough wiggle room to claim plausible deniability when called on it later.  Wasn't cute enough this time.

Apparently not!  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2016, 05:07:04 pm »
Basically an orange version of BLM except without the balls to get out from behind the computer screen.

I'm sure eventually a couple will. Then President Clinton will have a tailor made reason to strip gun rights. Self proclaimed conservative uses firearms in meeting the FBI definition of Terrorism.
Almost like someone steered the whole scenario into being.

Useful idiots.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2016, 05:24:34 pm »
Amazing.  First it was that Trump was just like Reagan and now he's BETTER than Reagan.  Their psychosis is really starting to show now in these desperate last weeks.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2016, 05:28:11 pm »
Amazing.  First it was that Trump was just like Reagan and now he's BETTER than Reagan.  Their psychosis is really starting to show now in these desperate last weeks.
You have people on this very site writing prayers to trump with no sarcasm tags attached and others defending it. It's only going to get worse the more it becomes obvious they lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2016, 05:29:48 pm »
You have people on this very site writing prayers to trump with no sarcasm tags attached and others defending it. It's only going to get worse the more it becomes obvious they lost.

Do you have a link to that, Norm?

I know they worship and adore Trump, but I haven't seen any prayers, and that would be instructive as to how deep their sin really is.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2016, 05:35:05 pm »
Do you have a link to that, Norm?

I know they worship and adore Trump, but I haven't seen any prayers, and that would be instructive as to how deep their sin really is.

It was posted a couple/three weeks back by @240B. @aligncare hopped on it to thepoint 240B had to claim it was sarcasm and Aligncare was still ranting about it regardless.

@CatherineofAragon and I discussed it so it should appear in any of our post histories.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2016, 05:59:56 pm »

I did, and I'm proud of it..

Me, too and I would so gladly do it again if I had the chance.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2016, 06:01:09 pm »
Might behoove you to read deeper.

I have, which is why I think it's bad that liberals have successfully divided conservatives on him. While not great, he would have been an acceptable candidate for my vote.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2016, 06:02:00 pm »
@Longmire

Stay right there in your little Trump bubble where reality can't penetrate, and keep telling yourself he's "poised to run the country" until real life smacks you upside the head on the evening of November 8th.  You and your fellow Trump fans will be rending your garments and wailing that you won't be able to bear life without Donald.  And most of you will rush to subscribe to his news channel---suckers to the end.

You're responsible for that lousy, pathetic joke of a candidate, and you find it funny.  You deserve the rude awakening that's headed your way.

So true, Catherine and I'm wondering about these people who are still so mired in unreality. 

How will they handle the inglorious defeat they are in for?  I don't care but it will be interesting to see.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2016, 06:03:15 pm »
I have, which is why I think it's bad that liberals have successfully divided conservatives on him. While not great, he would have been an acceptable candidate for my vote.

Thats your choice but he successfully dived people on his own. His history isn't imaginary. He's a liberal.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2016, 06:04:16 pm »
With this election, I would not be surprised to read that he'd grabbed his guns, found the nearest city, drove into a minority neighborhood... and tried to kill as many as he could because, "Elections RIGGED!!!  Civil WAR!!!"

When I first read your post, my mind read "grabbed his purse".  Maybe that would be more accurate.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2016, 06:04:57 pm »

@Suppressed

Gotta give the left credit.. They sure know how to divide and conquer our side.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2016, 06:18:31 pm »

@Neverdul
@Norm Lenhart

I thought so..

As for the Gay Marriage, he was under COURT ORDER..

With this election being the exception there is no such thing as a candidate who agrees with you all of the time. I go with Reagan's philosophy, if I can agree with the person 80% of the time he is OK. You are never going to get a candidate that is 100%.

Again this election being the exception.

I think everyone on both sides needs learn civics.

Agreed.

As for Romney, he wasn’t my cup of tea in all respects, and I get the flip flopping allegations (and FWIW nearly all politicians can be accused of that including Trump who has flip flopped so many times in just the last year, I can hardly keep up on where he stands. And yes, despite he and his supporters saying he’s not a politician and is an “outsider” Trump is an insider) but I voted for Romney as I thought he’d be a much better choice for POTUS than another four years of Obama. 

The Stericycle issue used against Romney has been proven to be false.

But in truth, for all the talk, abortion is not going away, is IMO it is never going to become completely illegal.

The “best” that can happen IMO is ending federal funding for abortions and perhaps limits on abortion based on fetal viability, but that is also a slippery slope as advances in medical treatment for premature babies keeps getting better and better.

And I agree with you that even if “Roe vs Wade is overturned (it won't), some states will make Abortion legal and some will not.”

And the problem with some of the anti-abortion state legislation passed that have been overturned in the courts is that they were bad, very poorly written laws.

In some cases, in the way some of these laws were written, even a woman who had a spontaneous abortion – i.e. a miscarriage, could, might have to, under a very strict interpretation of such laws, prove she didn’t do anything to cause it or in the case of an entopic pregnancy or having a miscarriage, if a fetal heart beat is observed, the doctor can’t perform lifesaving surgery.

A sad case of this type of very strict anti-abortion laws was in Ireland - the case of Savita Halappanavar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/9679840/Pregnant-woman-dies-in-Ireland-after-being-denied-an-abortion.html

She was miscarrying at 17 weeks and the fetus (baby) was not going to survive no matter what was done medically, but because the doctor detected a faint fetal heartbeat, she was denied a truly lifesaving surgery/abortion and she later died from sepsis.

This case an example IMO where religious beliefs intersecting with medicine, results in a very bad outcome.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2016, 06:35:35 pm »
Agreed.

As for Romney, he wasn’t my cup of tea in all respects, and I get the flip flopping allegations (and FWIW nearly all politicians can be accused of that including Trump who has flip flopped so many times in just the last year, I can hardly keep up on where he stands. And yes, despite he and his supporters saying he’s not a politician and is an “outsider” Trump is an insider) but I voted for Romney as I thought he’d be a much better choice for POTUS than another four years of Obama. 

But in truth, for all the talk, abortion is not going away, is IMO it is never going to become completely illegal.

The “best” that can happen IMO is ending federal funding for abortions and perhaps limits on abortion based on fetal viability, but that is also a slippery slope as advances in medical treatment for premature babies keeps getting better and better.

And I agree with you that even if “Roe vs Wade is overturned (it won't), some states will make Abortion legal and some will not.”

And the problem with some of the anti-abortion state legislation passed that have been overturned in the courts is that they were bad, very poorly written laws.

In some cases, in the way some of these laws were written, even a woman who had a spontaneous abortion – i.e. a miscarriage, could, might have to, under a very strict interpretation of such laws, prove she didn’t do anything to cause it or in the case of an entopic pregnancy or having a miscarriage, if a fetal heart beat is observed, the doctor can’t perform lifesaving surgery.

A sad case of this type of very strict anti-abortion laws was in Ireland - the case of Savita Halappanavar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/9679840/Pregnant-woman-dies-in-Ireland-after-being-denied-an-abortion.html

She was miscarrying at 17 weeks and the fetus (baby) was not going to survive no matter what was done medically, but because the doctor detected a faint fetal heartbeat, she was denied a truly lifesaving surgery/abortion and she later died from sepsis.

This case an example IMO where religious beliefs intersecting with medicine, results in a very bad outcome.

@Neverdul

If we want the amount of abortions reduced, we need to the following:

1. Need to educate the public on how bad abortion is. Not yell and scream at them.
2. Remove Federal Funding from abortion.

Also, we have to realize that there are some circumstances where abortion is needed (like the example you have posted).

We need to realize that one size does not fit all..

Oceander

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2016, 06:39:16 pm »

@Neverdul

1. Need to educate the public on how bad abortion is. Not yell and scream at them.

Also, we have to realize that there are some circumstances where abortion is needed (like the example you have posted).

Very true.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2016, 06:53:18 pm »

@Neverdul

Make adopting cheaper and easier and promote a culture where it is valued

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2016, 06:54:51 pm »

That too..

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2016, 06:59:28 pm »

This.  :amen:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2016, 07:14:54 pm »
Might behoove you to read deeper.

Whew! Thanks for the warning... If I wound up with hooves, that would be hard to explain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2016, 07:22:28 pm »
Agreed.

yes.  another case of people wanting perfect and rejecting good..  I remember fighting with a person on FR who rejected the exceptions to abortion; i.e. rape, incest and health of the mother.

Those exceptions are quite rare and acceptable in my view.  But this person refused an abortion stance that allowed them.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2016, 07:39:52 pm »
yes.  another case of people wanting perfect and rejecting good..  I remember fighting with a person on FR who rejected the exceptions to abortion; i.e. rape, incest and health of the mother.

Those exceptions are quite rare and acceptable in my view.  But this person refused an abortion stance that allowed them.

@Emjay

The more we wait for perfection, the more elections we are going to lose. Again with this election being the exception, we are never going get the candidate that we all like.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2016, 08:05:23 pm »

@Emjay

The more we wait for perfection, the more elections we are going to lose. Again with this election being the exception, we are never going get the candidate that we all like.

I don't want us to be like democrats, but they are quite content with extremely imperfect candidates as long as they are democrats.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2016, 08:56:04 pm »
------------
http://www.mediaite.com/online/mitt-romney-medical-waste-deal-undercuts-fact-checks-of-obama-ads/

The abortion connection doesn’t stand to damage Romney much with conservatives, though, who would turn out for Janeane Garofalo if it meant unseating Barack Obama, but what David Corn found further undermines FactCheck’s defense of Mitt Romney:

But the document Romney signed related to the Stericycle deal did identify him as a participant in that particular deal and the person in charge of several Bain entities. (Did Bain and Romney file a document with the SEC that was not accurate?) Moreover, in 1999, Bain and Romney both described his departure from Bain not as a resignation and far from absolute. On February 12, 1999, the Boston Herald reported, “Romney said he will stay on as a part-timer with Bain, providing input on investment and key personnel decisions.” And a Bain press release issued on July 19, 1999, noted that Romney was “currently on a part-time leave of absence”—and quoted Romney speaking for Bain Capital. In 2001 and 2002, Romney filed Massachusetts state disclosure forms noting he was the 100 percent owner of Bain Capital NY, Inc.—a Bain outfit that was incorporated in Delaware on April 13, 1999—two months after Romney’s supposed retirement from the firm. A May 2001 filing with the SEC identified Romney as “a member of the Management Committee” of two Bain entities. And in 2007, theWashington Post reported that R. Bradford Malt, a Bain lawyer, said Romney took a “leave of absence” when he assumed the Olympics post and retained sole ownership of the firm for two more years.

Among the documents that Corn turned up are several SEC filings that list Mitt Romney as “sole shareholder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of BCI, BCP VI Inc., Brookside Inc. and Sankaty Ltd.,” and as having “voting and dispositive power” over the Stericycle shares.

Contrary to what FactCheck.org says, it is Mitt Romney who has made seemingly contradictory claims about his leave of absence from Bain Capital, not the Obama campaign, and it’s up to Mitt Romney to explain them, or not.

-------------------------

Hate to post Mother Jones, but it is sourced from official documents
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/romney-bain-abortion-stericycle-sec

In response to questions from Mother Jones, a spokeswoman for Bain maintained that Romney was not involved in the Stericycle deal in 1999, saying that he had "resigned" months before the stock purchase was negotiated. The spokeswoman noted that following his resignation Romney remained only "a signatory on certain documents," until his separation agreement with Bain was finalized in 2002. And Bain issued this statement: "Mitt Romney retired from Bain Capital in February 1999. He has had no involvement in the management or investment activities of Bain Capital, or with any of its portfolio companies since that time." (The Romney presidential campaign did not respond to requests for comment.)

But the document Romney signed related to the Stericycle deal did identify him as a participant in that particular deal and the person in charge of several Bain entities. (Did Bain and Romney file a document with the SEC that was not accurate?) Moreover, in 1999, Bain and Romney both described his departure from Bain not as a resignation and far from absolute. On February 12, 1999, the Boston Herald reported, "Romney said he will stay on as a part-timer with Bain, providing input on investment and key personnel decisions." And a Bain press release issued on July 19, 1999, noted that Romney was "currently on a part-time leave of absence"—and quoted Romney speaking for Bain Capital. In 2001 and 2002, Romney filed Massachusetts state disclosure forms noting he was the 100 percent owner of Bain Capital NY, Inc.—a Bain outfit that was incorporated in Delaware on April 13, 1999—two months after Romney's supposed retirement from the firm. A May 2001 filing with the SEC identified Romney as "a member of the Management Committee" of two Bain entities. And in 2007, the Washington Post reported that R. Bradford Malt, a Bain lawyer, said Romney took a "leave of absence" when he assumed the Olympics post and retained sole ownership of the firm for two more years.