General Category > TBR Kitchen

Re: The *OFFICIAL* TBR Recipe Thread

<< < (63/64) > >>

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: 240B on April 03, 2024, 12:21:06 am ---Homemade Thai Yellow Curry Paste

Homemade thai yellow curry paste with simple ingredients! Roasted garlic and shallots make this recipe extra delicious. Loaded with turmeric, curry powder, lime zest, and lemongrass, this recipe tastes just like your favorite Thai restaurants! Also, you can make a batch and use it for months!

https://littlespicejar.com/homemade-thai-yellow-curry-paste/

you don't have to follow the recipe word for word
but it should give you some ideas how to mix it

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that @240B ... That seems more what I was expecting, this stuff I have here has no chili zest to it... And maybe it is coriander that I am mistaking for the nutmeggy smell....

A want something pretty hot ... er that's what I was expecting. Maybe this gets hotter than I know, once it is added into something, but just on the tongue, no real heat at all.

Huh. Dunno.

mountaineer:
I found a fantastic chicken salad recipe and used it to make sandwiches for my club's last meeting.

Added to the cooked, shredded/chopped chicken were some sliced strawberries, sliced/chopped seedless grapes (depending on size), and small dice celery. The dressing was what made it, though: equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise, with garlic powder, s&p, a little lemon juice and chopped fresh basil. I didn't have fresh basil, so I used the squeezable pesto-like stuff from Aldi. Wow, was it good.

DCPatriot:
My brother makes an amazing chicken salad.

With dried cranberries, slivered almonds and finely chopped celery...mixed with Duke's Mayo.

A bit boring compared to yours, @mountaineer    :beer:

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on April 03, 2024, 11:35:06 am ---I found a fantastic chicken salad recipe and used it to make sandwiches for my club's last meeting.

Added to the cooked, shredded/chopped chicken were some sliced strawberries, sliced/chopped seedless grapes (depending on size), and small dice celery. The dressing was what made it, though: equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise, with garlic powder, s&p, a little lemon juice and chopped fresh basil. I didn't have fresh basil, so I used the squeezable pesto-like stuff from Aldi. Wow, was it good.

--- End quote ---

Ooh! The strawberries are weird... Unexpected. I will try that.

When I was laid up last summer, I practically lived on my daughter's chicken salad. I find the stuff to be addictive  happy77

libertybele:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on April 03, 2024, 11:35:06 am ---I found a fantastic chicken salad recipe and used it to make sandwiches for my club's last meeting.

--- End quote ---

I love chicken salad; oddly the best chicken salad I've had lately has been hospital chicken salad. I am serious. Even when I'm not the patient, I eat my husband's chicken salad.

I'll have to give this recipe at try. It sounds pretty darn good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version