General Category > TBR Kitchen

Re: The *OFFICIAL* TBR Recipe Thread

(1/64) > >>

bigheadfred:
Post your favorite holiday recipes here.

Wingnut:
bkmk

bigheadfred:
I'm going to start by asking how people cook their turkeys. I already know how to cook my goose. Anyways, we tent the bird until the last hour or two when we remove the tent to brown the bird.

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on October 22, 2016, 01:43:41 am ---I'm going to start by asking how people cook their turkeys. I already know how to cook my goose. Anyways, we tent the bird until the last hour or two when we remove the tent to brown the bird.

--- End quote ---

Well, although I bought my husband an electric turkey deep fryer a few years ago I prefer the old fashioned baked in the oven bird..I don't do anything special..I salt and pepper it and coat it in softened butter..and bake...I start basting it about an hour and a half before done to get it a deep golden brown.

I make my own stuffing..my mother's old recipe that everyone loves.....I put some in the turkey and some in a baking dish....I prefer the stuffing from inside the bird.

Polly Ticks:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on October 22, 2016, 01:43:41 am ---I'm going to start by asking how people cook their turkeys. I already know how to cook my goose. Anyways, we tent the bird until the last hour or two when we remove the tent to brown the bird.

--- End quote ---

Slow roasted in the oven overnight.  Apparently, nobody much does it that way anymore for fear of food poisoning, but I've been doing mine that way for years and my mom did hers that way for years before that, and none of us have ever gotten sick so far.  I'm willing to risk it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version