Author Topic: Amelia Earhart made contact with radio operators for days after her plane went down  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Olivia Lambert
news.com.au
September 10, 2016

Did Amelia Earhart survive her plane crash? This is the most likely theory, with evidence emerging that she was making contact for days after her plane disappeared.

The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) believes Earhart safely landed her plane when it disappeared in 1937 and died as a castaway.

During a presentation in the US last month, TIGHAR’s Ric Gillespie backed up all of the group’s theories.

Earhart’s plane was last seen on the radar on July 2, 1937.
More

Article from The Daily Mail with pictures and videos

@SunkenCiv
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:17:58 am by Machiavelli »

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
Nah.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Wingnut

Q: What would Amilia Earhart be doing if he was alive right now?

A: Treading Water!

Offline Just_Victor

Q: What would Amilia Earhart be doing if he was alive right now?

A: Treading Water!

Last time I checked Amilia Earhart was still female.  :coffee:

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Frank Cannon

Last time I checked Amilia Earhart was still female.  :coffee:

Really?

Offline Just_Victor

Offline Suppressed

Nah.
@SunkenCiv

Why do you doubt?

Cat's Paw, aluminum, skeleton... I think they did survive the crash, regardless of whether there were calls or not.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

@SunkenCiv

....regardless of whether there were calls or not.

Come on. It's a woman. There were lots of calls made.

Wingnut

Come on. It's a woman. There were lots of calls made.

You better hide @Frank Cannon.  The kotex mafia will be tail grabbin your behind for that one.

Offline r9etb

Earhart’s plane was last seen on the radar on July 2, 1937.

Um... no, it wasn't.  Radar wasn't common then (it was barely even invented).

Offline Just_Victor

Shhhh..sh..sh..sh..sh......

Never ruin a good narrative with facts.

Offline skeeter

Given where she is supposed to have gone down the referenced radar would have to have been shipborne. The US didn't begin fitting capital ships out with radar until 40-41.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Didn't say she was attractive.
She's OK in my book.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Just_Victor

She's OK in my book.

She always looked a bit boyish to me.  Maybe she was actually a trans guy.... :pondering:

Wingnut

She always looked a bit boyish to me.  Maybe she was actually a trans guy.... :pondering:

She has Man Hands and long fingers.   

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
I've been stationed in the USA Southwest on-and-off for years, providing training to US pilots.

One day we landed at Pecos, TX due to bad weather.  There is a historical marker there stating that Amelia Earhart spent several days there on some flight after missing the airport at Midland, TX on (what I recall) was a trans-continental flight.  Pretty big miss, IMHO.

Anyway, I got the impression that navigation was not her strong point.

The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Wingnut

I've been stationed in the USA Southwest on-and-off for years, providing training to US pilots.

One day we landed at Pecos, TX due to bad weather.  There is a historical marker there stating that Amelia Earhart spent several days there on some flight after missing the airport at Midland, TX on (what I recall) was a trans-continental flight.  Pretty big miss, IMHO.

She must have missed the Concrete Arrows and Airmail beacons?

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
Shhhh..sh..sh..sh..sh......

Never ruin a good narrative with facts.
/bingo
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

geronl

She wasn't alone in those days, seems to have been a common problem.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
Why do you doubt?

Cat's Paw, aluminum, skeleton... I think they did survive the crash, regardless of whether there were calls or not.
Radio contact?  They survived.  No radio contact?  They survived.  TIGHAR's activities aren't about the evidence of their survival, it's about trying to push a conclusion that is a xerox copy of the original assumption.  There's no, as in zero, evidence that they've found anything approaching evidence for their view.  Each setback is met with a run for cover and attempt to lay low until they can start up the whole PR cycle again.  They remind me of that guy who claims that a 20 ton windmill can float at high altitude and send electric power down, an absurd idea, and every few years he starts the PR cycle again.

Offline Suppressed

Radio contact?  They survived.  No radio contact?  They survived.  TIGHAR's activities aren't about the evidence of their survival, it's about trying to push a conclusion that is a xerox copy of the original assumption.

But let's get rid of the ad hominem about who is pushing the evidence and look at the evidence.  What do you think?  Why do you doubt it?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
But let's get rid of the ad hominem about who is pushing the evidence and look at the evidence.  What do you think?  Why do you doubt it?

This has been an interesting discussion. I was amazed that radio signals can DO THAT at all, aside from the connection to Earhart.

I frankly like and encourage conspiracy theories as long as the
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
I've seen what they claim is evidence.  It isn't evidence.  If you have some problem with any criticism of TIGHAR, branding it ad hominem -- it isn't -- I'll be happy to ignore you.