Author Topic: Lake Erie's toxic blob may be putting drinking water at risk  (Read 834 times)

rangerrebew

Lake Erie's toxic blob may be putting drinking water at risk
« on: October 21, 2016, 04:32:37 pm »

Listen | Print
By Karen Graham     yesterday in Environment

Cleveland - It what sounds like a Halloween horror story, a toxic blob of cancer-causing chemicals in the sediment of Lake Erie might be spreading dangerously close to a water intake pipe that supplies drinking water to Cleveland.
The two-square mile blob of hazardous chemicals lying at the bottom of Lake Erie first made the news on April 30 in a letter published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Mr. James F. McCarty wrote the letter, titled "Cleveland's water supply at risk as toxic blob creeps across Lake Erie, Ohio EPA says." The letter was in reference to a contaminated area at the bottom of Lake Erie and the possible risk to Cleveland's drinking water.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/environment/lake-erie-s-toxic-blob-may-be-putting-drinking-water-at-risk/article/477696#ixzz4Njp8WLDY

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Lake Erie's toxic blob may be putting drinking water at risk
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 10:12:18 pm »
Listen | Print
By Karen Graham     yesterday in Environment

Cleveland - It what sounds like a Halloween horror story, a toxic blob of cancer-causing chemicals in the sediment of Lake Erie might be spreading dangerously close to a water intake pipe that supplies drinking water to Cleveland.
The two-square mile blob of hazardous chemicals lying at the bottom of Lake Erie first made the news on April 30 in a letter published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Mr. James F. McCarty wrote the letter, titled "Cleveland's water supply at risk as toxic blob creeps across Lake Erie, Ohio EPA says." The letter was in reference to a contaminated area at the bottom of Lake Erie and the possible risk to Cleveland's drinking water.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/environment/lake-erie-s-toxic-blob-may-be-putting-drinking-water-at-risk/article/477696#ixzz4Njp8WLDY

And here I thought "Hot In Cleveland" was just a TV show.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 12:14:17 am »
Hmmm…

Why not get some tanker ships, vacuum it up into them, then dump it in the middle of the ocean somewhere…?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 12:25:13 am »
Hmmm…

Why not get some tanker ships, vacuum it up into them, then dump it in the middle of the ocean somewhere…?

Dump it in New Jersey. The wouldn't notice...  :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley