Author Topic: Europe lost contact with Mars lander 1 minute before touchdown  (Read 7943 times)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Re: Europe lost contact with Mars lander 1 minute before touchdown
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2016, 02:14:00 pm »
My vote will make no difference in the outcome of this election. Hillary Clinton will not carry this state by 1 vote. I guess you don't get that. I feel none of the desperation those of you who think Trump to be a more acceptable alternative feel, because my vote will not sway the outcome.

I can, however vote my conscience, not that I would not have anyway. You act as if I would cast the deciding ballot to make Criminal Cankles POTUS, but that just isn't so. So who is being silly, now?

Either way, this life is short, maybe shorter than we think, but eternity goes on for a long, long time. When all is said and done, I will have given my approval to neither the liar nor the thief, and I'll leave it to you to sort out which one deserves which title.

Have a nice day. :seeya:

Of course I get that, siuer! I have posted several times (though perhaps not yet on this thread) that those who are in deathly blue states which will go wholly and absolutely for the Bitch have no call to vote for anyone save the candidate they personally admire. People need to be sure that their state does not proportionally allocate electoral votes, however. In a few states I believe that electoral votes are allocated according to district totals not state totals - so a candidate that loses the state may yet receive one or two electoral votes. 
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2016, 04:46:16 pm »
Of course I get that, siuer! I have posted several times (though perhaps not yet on this thread) that those who are in deathly blue states which will go wholly and absolutely for the Bitch have no call to vote for anyone save the candidate they personally admire. People need to be sure that their state does not proportionally allocate electoral votes, however. In a few states I believe that electoral votes are allocated according to district totals not state totals - so a candidate that loses the state may yet receive one or two electoral votes.
Well, monsewer, it's my vote. If y'all don't like the results, maybe you should have seen this coming, especially since so many tried so often to let y'all know what the result would be. I will cast my ballot as I see fit. I will vote for someone I can support with neither qualm nor shame, and let the rest of you sort out which New York Liberal sucks worst. I didn't vote for this mess, and I'm not voting for it next Tuesday.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2016, 05:55:10 pm »
Well, monsewer, it's my vote. If y'all don't like the results, maybe you should have seen this coming, especially since so many tried so often to let y'all know what the result would be. I will cast my ballot as I see fit. I will vote for someone I can support with neither qualm nor shame, and let the rest of you sort out which New York Liberal sucks worst. I didn't vote for this mess, and I'm not voting for it next Tuesday.

:thumbsup:

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2016, 08:19:42 pm »
:thumbsup:

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, Joe. Of course I disagree strongly on most of that, but I'm not going to go with any more off topic posts on this thread out of courtesy as I've previously mentioned. 'See you maybe elsewhere and we can continue if you'd like. 
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline r9etb

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2016, 08:25:01 pm »
Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, Joe. Of course I disagree strongly on most of that, but I'm not going to go with any more off topic posts on this thread out of courtesy as I've previously mentioned. 'See you maybe elsewhere and we can continue if you'd like.

You could have said that unpteem posts ago.  Instead, you killed the thread.  Like the lander itself, the on-topic discussion is nothing but a dark smudge on the surface of the internet.

Well done.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:25:24 pm by r9etb »

Oceander

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2016, 10:49:20 pm »
Back to our regularly scheduled programming?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2016, 12:12:24 pm »
Back to our regularly scheduled programming?
By all means. This is under control.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2016, 12:44:13 pm »
By all means. This is under control.

My favorite Martian!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2016, 12:57:50 pm »
My favorite Martian!

Wrong TV show....

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 03:57:06 pm »
Wrong TV show....

It was a double pun. I loved Marvin as a kid- Bugs Bunny was my favorite TV show. I have an autographed poster of Bugs by Mel Blanc, it's one of the few things I have I treasure.

Where's the kaboom?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️