Author Topic: Laura Ingraham: 'Never Trump' stands with Clinton and partial birth  (Read 16624 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Laura Ingraham: 'Never Trump' stands with Clinton and partial birth
« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2016, 08:26:24 pm »
Only a certified moronic idiot would believe Trump is pro-life.

I guess in Trump world his coercing mistresses to get abortions doesn't make him pro choice.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2016, 08:32:11 pm »
I guess in Trump world his coercing mistresses to get abortions doesn't make him pro choice.

Well, in a way they're right I guess.

He didn't give them a choice as to whether or not his own children were murdered........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2016, 03:52:08 pm »
I'll bet you thought that post was about you, didn't you?

I can't help but hear that in Carly Simon's voice.  :laugh:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2016, 04:14:13 pm »
Back when I listened to conservative talk radio―this was about ten years ago―I came to the conclusion that Laura was a Republican first and a conservative second. It didn't seem to matter what kind of bad idea the GOP came up with, Ingraham was in favor of it (the exception being immigration). She wasn't so much a conservative thinker as she was a partisan parrot, spewing talking points (she even visited the White House for them at one point if I recall right).

Can you name a talker for whom that is not true?  The truth is that "conservative talk show host" is a lucrative media niche.  Market share requires a host to grab and hold her listeners' attention.  To remain successful in that niche requires a certain suppleness with regard to principles and consistency. 

Talk show hosts are much more prone than most to that human failing of enjoying attention; and to be seen as somebody whose opinion matters.  And I think they're prone to the "echo chamber" syndrome -- they'll play to those who can feed their egos, and they'll get more shrill in response to their supporters' shrillness.  Limbaugh is like that; the ghastly Mr. Savage is like that; Levin is like that.  And Ingraham is like that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2016, 09:01:57 pm »
I can't help but hear that in Carly Simon's voice.  :laugh:

Music is in my soul, @Idaho_Cowboy .   Every once in a while it oozes out even when I don't realize it.  888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #180 on: October 25, 2016, 02:10:51 am »
I don't either.

I think most of them will fall in line with the new populist party that will be promoted by the new Trump news network that will be created after Trump loses the election. They will scream and yell and the Pubs will be a minority party in the near future, especially after they sign off on immigration reform with border control in name only.

Conservatism is in decline. It doesn't mean it's wrong, it's not. It's in decline because in order for it to thrive and grow it requires an educated population that believes in individual liberty, property rights and consequences for decisions that are made. We no longer have any of these qualities in abundance in this country. Talk radio use to be a source for serious intellectual discussion and like everything else has devolved into an emotion driven belief system. So it's no surprise when someone rejects the newly appointed political savior that emotional response is that person, or persons, supports evil incarnate. In this case the evil incarnate is hillary.

Where were these "high minded" talk radio folks when the nominee was being selected. Other than Levin, I don't remember any of them pointing out what a disaster it would be to nominate someone with no moral foundation and an inability to control himself when he's goaded by his opponent.
Conservatism, true Conservatism, (not 'being Republican automatically makes you a conservative conservatism') requires principles.

Without principles, without those absolute ideas of right and wrong, all is relative.

It is the difference between having a stake with markings on it driven into the bottom to gauge the rise and fall of the tide, and using a cork floating on the water as the 'best' to show when the water is high.

One will tell you what is what, unless disturbed by a major storm, the other will get you run aground.

Situation ethics is that moral cork, bobbing in the shallows.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis