Author Topic: Pentagon: Hillary Clinton Should Be Arrested For Leaking Top Secret Nuclear Intelligence on National TV  (Read 8918 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
And where exactly do you think the authors turn to first for articles like this?

Again, it does not matter.  People who leak classified. Information secretly have committed a crime, and so does anyone who confirms such information.  The fact that they generally are not caught does not make their actions either legal or proper.

Look, we're all just speculating as to whetger such information is classified.  So what is wrong with asking the Pentagon directly, and see what they say?

They may confirm your argument and say it is not classified.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:24:43 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Screw that.  If the info is in the public domain no one can say it is classified.  Only a Trumpkin.

I'm sorry, but that is simply not true.  The press reports all sorts of speculatory "facts" about the military/national defense.  Confirmation that such speculation is true is illegal if the information is classified.

Why not ask the Pentagon, and see what they say?  What is the possible objection to that?  If you are right, the information will be confimed as a "nothingburger".
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:23:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
What is applicable is whether or not the info was classified.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."  Charles Darwin
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I remember people getting spun up like this when Tom Clancy released "The Hunt For Red October".

Everyone was certain Clancy had used classified information in the book because it was so detailed.

Then they felt kind of foolish when it came out that everything he'd used was open source material.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I remember people getting spun up like this when Tom Clancy released "The Hunt For Red October".

Everyone was certain Clancy had used classified information in the book because it was so detailed.

Then they felt kind of foolish when it came out that everything he'd used was open source material.

Honestly not sure what you are arguing.  It isn't fair to assume that her statement revealed classified information.  The best way to determine that is to ask the Pentagon, or even Josh Earnest, directly, to confirm or deny her statement.

What is wrong with that?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:29:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Again, it does not matter.  People who leak classified. Information secretly have committed a crime, and so does anyone who confirms such information.  The fact that they generally are not caught does not make their actions either legal or proper.

No you miss the point and it does matter.  The first place writers of articles like the ones Wingnut mentioned IS the Pentagon Press Office and the branch specific PA shop...in this case it would have been the USAF Chief of Public Affairs and her Navy Counterpart...the Chief of Naval Information.

And those stories are years old.  If there was going to be a problem with the information contained within being in the public domain it would have been taken care of when they were published.

Believe me when I tell you that articles like that are looked over and scrutinized by the proper channels before and after they are published to ensure nothing classified is contained within.

Look, we're all just speculating as to whetger such information is classified.  So what is wrong with asking the Pentagon directly, and see what they say?

The only speculation going on here are the people desperate to nail Hillary on a nothing burger and let themselves get distracted by something shiny.

They may confirm your argument and say it is not classified.

And as a SME on media matters within the military I can tell you that is was confirmed before those articles were ever published.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:36:55 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Wingnut

Honestly not sure what you are arguing.  It isn't fair to assume that her statement revealed classified information.  The best way to determine that is to ask the Pentagon, or even Josh Earnest, directly, to confirm or deny her statement.

What is wrong with that?

New Info:

I just learned the nuclear response time was under a minute on the history channel.

The "official response" is to say 4 minutes but its actually a minute at the most. 

So Hil is in the clear. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iranians Execute Scientist Mentioned in Clinton’s E-Mails ...
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/438765/iranians-execute-scientist-mentioned-clintons-e-mails

We also have this episode, so it's not the same situation as with reading an espionage book, this above is bad in my book. Just another thing not to forget and all media reported on it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

No it's not a fair assumption.  And as I keep having to explain to you the issue was settled when those pieces were published.

What is wrong with that?

What's wrong with it is that it's making Mt. Everest out of an ant hill for no reason at all other than pinning ones hopes to the false belief she released something classified last night on National TV.

There would already be releases from the Pentagon and I'd be seeing the trickle down traffic from my MACOM PAO bosses if she'd said anything sensitive in nature.

The fact that places like the Pentagon and the WH are silent on this gives you the answer to her statements sensitivity nature.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Iranians Execute Scientist Mentioned in Clinton’s E-Mails ...
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/438765/iranians-execute-scientist-mentioned-clintons-e-mails

We also have this episode, so it's not the same situation as with reading an espionage book, this above is bad in my book. Just another thing not to forget and all media reported on it.

And that has what to do with this discussion exactly?

Oh yeah that's right...it has nothing to do with the OP.

C'mon Tom focus.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:39:10 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

No you miss the point and it does matter.  The first place writers of articles like the ones Wingnut mentioned IS the Pentagon Press Office and the branch specific PA shop...in this case it would have been the USAF Chief of Public Affairs and her Navy Counterpart...the Chief of Naval Information.

To which specific article are you referring?  I did not see that 4 minute figure in anyone of the ones i saw, nor did i see a direct attribution to DoD sources.

So again, someone with the press should just ask the Pentagon, who will apparenty (according to you) confirm that response time is unclassified.

Why wouldn't the Pentagon confirm that and prove you right?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:48:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
To which specific article are you referring?  I did not see that 4 minute figure in anyone of the ones i saw, nor did i see a direct attribution to DoD sources.

99.9% of the time the DoD sources (which are the actual people that work in the Public Affairs Office) do NOT go on the record.  They provide information in "background" conversations with the reporters.

Nothing illegal about it...perfectly legit and an accepted practice. 

And it's very different from the whole "anonymous source because they weren't authorized to talk about the subject" things you see in articles.  That right there is a straight up leaker that would get a BCD if they got caught.

So again, someone with the press should just ask the Pentagon, who will apparenty (according to you) confirm that response time is unclassified.

What part of it was already open source knowledge when the articles were written od confusing you?

Why wouldn't the Pentagon confirm that and prove you right?

Because as I've tried as simply as I can...it's an unnecessary step.

And also as I told you already...if it was classified information the Pentagon and the WH would have been burning the midnight oil at the Pentagon to get out ahead of this in time for the morning shows and issue their statements.

That hasn't happened.

It's not going to.

It's not a classified matter.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Because as I've tried as simply as I can...it's an unnecessary step.

Unnecessary for whom?  The point of asking the Pentagon is for the benefit of the public.  So that the public can be told, directly by people in authority, whether or not this information was classified.  That would, presumably, end any warranted speculation that response time information is classified, and turn a molehill into a true nothingburger.

That's why i can't fathom why you'd be against it.  It would prove your point to conspiracy theorists, and to the public at large.

HAPPY2BME

Hillary Tells World It Takes Us 4 Minutes To Respond With Nukes
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 07:11:49 pm »
Nickarama | October 20, 2016

HRC gives out state secret. 4 minute interval between order given and executing nuclear strike. #DebateNight pic.twitter.com/ky7SyZ7kxL

— Deplorable Veteran (@KGBVeteran) October 20, 2016

During the debate Hillary made the comment about it taking ‘4 minutes between President giving order and executing the strike’. She raised this by way of questioning Donald Trump’s ability to appropriately respond in the event he were placed in that position.

People like Maria Shriver responded on social media to the comment, saying how this required calm decision making.

But they miss a salient point.

Why is Hillary Clinton disclosing that time period, that it takes 4 minutes? Now everyone knows how long it takes. Is this information that she really should have been sharing?

http://www.weaselzippers.us/302444-hillary-tells-world-it-takes-us-4-minutes-to-respond-with-nukes/

HAPPY2BME

Re: Hillary Tells World It Takes Us 4 Minutes To Respond With Nukes
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2016, 07:11:59 pm »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Unnecessary for whom?  The point of asking the Pentagon is for the benefit of the public.  So that the public can be told, directly by people in authority, whether or not this information was classified.  That would, presumably, end any warranted speculation that response time information is classified, and turn a molehill into a true nothingburger.

That's why i can't fathom why you'd be against it.  It would prove your point to conspiracy theorists, and to the public at large.

Standard procedure does not include telling the information that was released is classified.  Normally they want to keep any discussion low key.   The information can be released but it would have to have a fairly high approval level first.

You just dont do it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Tell me something.  In your career in the military...exactly how much of that has been spent in Public Affairs?  What type of training do you have in media relations?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:20:28 pm by txradioguy »

Offline driftdiver

Hillary Tells World It Takes Us 4 Minutes To Respond With Nukes

That information was probably classified as nearly everything related to nuclear weapons is.   However just what would an enemy do with this piece of information?   Mostly likely it takes them far longer.

No sane person sees the use of nuclear weapons as a viable option.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Standard procedure does not include telling the information that was released is classified.  Normally they want to keep any discussion low key.   The information can be released but it would have to have a fairly high approval level first.

You just dont do it.

He's making the assumption that it hasn't been done in the past.  I'm trying to educate him but it doesn't seem to be working.

Offline driftdiver

Tell me something.  It your career in the military...exactly how much of that has been spent in Public Affairs?  What type of training do you have in media relations?

@txradioguy

If you're in the military and hold a security clearance you probably shouldn't even be discussing this subject.  Discussing classified information in a public forum is far far above the NCOIC of a public relations unit. 

The correct action for you would be to report it and stop talking about it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

If you're in the military and hold a security clearance you probably shouldn't even be discussing this subject.  Discussing classified information in a public forum is far far above the NCOIC of a public relations unit.

If this was anything close to approaching classified I'd have gone to the owners of this website and told them that it needed to be removed and you and all the other armchair generals wouldn't have know what I'd done.

It's the professional way things like that are handled.

As for what can and can't be discussed by a Sr. NCO in the Public Affairs career field...again...you should really leave that to the experts.

The correct action for you would be to report it and stop talking about it.

Translated - STFU you're making us look bad.

Offline driftdiver

If this was anything close to approaching classified I'd have gone to the owners of this website and told them that it needed to be removed and you and all the other armchair generals wouldn't have know what I'd done.

It's the professional way things like that are handled.

As for what can and can't be discussed by a Sr. NCO in the Public Affairs career field...again...you should really leave that to the experts.

Translated - STFU you're making us look bad.

I dealt with classified each and every day.   Public relations has no clue and its quite apparent you don't either.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

You just dont do it.

I'm not expecting the Pentagon to volunteer the information unasked.  i'm saying it should be asked by the press.  And they shouldn't ask if that information was classified.  They should ask if it was accurate.

Assuming it was not classified, you should get a yes or no answer to that, or perhaps something more involved.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Tell me something.  In your career in the military...exactly how much of that has been spent in Public Affairs?  What type of training do you have in media relations?

Zero.  But i did have a TS clearance, and so know how such information is supposed to be handled, including nonconfirmation of factual speculation in the media.

If it is approved for publication, it is no longer classified.  So again, this should be an extraordinarily easy thing to do.  Ask if it was accurate, with follow-ups as necessary.  If you get answers than it isn't classified.

I don't want this to be one of those meaningless issues that gets brought up years from now as Hillary "getting away" with something.  Ask the damn question, then the issue will be put to rest.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:45:08 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »