Author Topic: Do the Right Thing: Get Rid of Trump  (Read 6904 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Do the Right Thing: Get Rid of Trump
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 04:42:34 pm »
Trump was going to delegitimize the GOP nominee if he lost.  Election was rigged, I was robbed, etc.  Just look how he behaved prior to the Acela primaries.  The party let him get away with his shenanigans in the primary, so he's carrying his act to the general election.  For their cowardice they will pay dearly.

Actually, we are the ones who will pay dearly.  The Party already got what it wanted at the Convention - more power, thanks to Trump delegates. He is the best thing to happen to the Establishment since GHW Bush.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 08:56:59 pm »
The election is lost, so what matters is whether the GOP is going to become the party that rejected a fundamental tenet of American constitutional values or not.
I am a firm believer that the Republican Party is doomed anyway, given current demographic trends, and that a new party will be needed to advance conservatism anew without the ever-increasing baggage the GOP has.

So, if the GOP does not reject Trump, let the people reject the GOP as it goes the way of the Federalists.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 09:19:51 pm »
Forget it.  The best thing that can happen now is for Trump to be crushed and his supporters shown, in the strongest way possible, that Trump's repulsive personality and his dopey populism are anathema to America.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 09:40:05 pm »
Next time, have a smaller field of candidates with actually some qualifications.

If they lost to Trump, what makes you think they would have beaten Hillary with the press on her side?

This.  WTF did so many candidates thing THEY had a chance?  Gilmour?  Graham?  Bush?  Kasich?  This election has been idiotic on the GOP side from the get-go.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 09:44:15 pm »
This.  WTF did so many candidates thing THEY had a chance?  Gilmour?  Graham?  Bush?  Kasich?  This election has been idiotic on the GOP side from the get-go.

One problem is that the GOP message is so stale and boilerplate that they all blurred together. Remember Rubio doing his robot impression?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 11:05:04 pm »

One problem is that the GOP message is so stale and boilerplate that they all blurred together. Remember Rubio doing his robot impression?

Can't get a unified message with 17 people trying to stand out from each other.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

geronl

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 11:15:35 pm »
What type of 3rd grade sophistry is this? Trump is the guy and that's that. There is no mechanism to get rid of him. Parties have the right to field a loser candidate and lose. It's still a free country.

Even if they are losing on purpose.

geronl

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 11:16:56 pm »

I have said it from the start, the conservatives within the GOP need to have their own conventions and field a unified candidate in the GOP primaries.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 11:18:55 pm »
What type of 3rd grade sophistry is this? Trump is the guy and that's that. There is no mechanism to get rid of him. Parties have the right to field a loser candidate and lose. It's still a free country.

Blow it Frank.  The party nominated the POS, the party can unnominate the POS.  Or are you saying that political nominations are a one-way gate?   You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave?

geronl

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2016, 12:22:44 am »
Blow it Frank.  The party nominated the POS, the party can unnominate the POS.  Or are you saying that political nominations are a one-way gate?   You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave?

The ballots are printed, it is too late to change the candidate, probably in any state by now. Even if Trump decides to go home and have a Taco Bowl every night and not campaign any more, I don't think the RNC could do anything about it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2016, 12:49:53 am »
The ballots are printed, it is too late to change the candidate, probably in any state by now. Even if Trump decides to go home and have a Taco Bowl every night and not campaign any more, I don't think the RNC could do anything about it.

Well then, the time is ripe to pull off that total destruction, deliberate loss scenario I've seen pedaled around here lately.
I will NOT comply.

HonestJohn

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2016, 04:39:41 am »

I like robots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupWquPNoTc