Author Topic: Debate Highlight: Hillary Opposes Gun Ownership Rights To Protect Toddlers  (Read 416 times)

rangerrebew

Debate Highlight: Hillary Opposes Gun Ownership Rights To Protect Toddlers

October 19, 2016| by Brian Anderson

As you can see in the picture it appears that Hillary Clinton was flipping the bird to Donald Trump during the final presidential debate Wednesday night. That wasn’t the only nastiness she had. Hillary also had a big f*ck you to the US Constitution. When asked to defend her position that Americans should be stripped of their individual gun ownership rights her answer was because…toddlers. I’m not making this up.

The debate started off with a bang when Trump rightfully accused Hillary of assaulting the 2nd Amendment. Moderator Chris Wallace seized on this and put this question to her:

“Secretary Clinton, you said last year, let me quote, ‘The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment.’ And now, in fact, in the 2008 Heller case, the court ruled that there is a constitutional right to bear arms, but a right that is reasonably limited. Those were the words of the Judge Antonin Scalia who wrote the decision. What’s wrong with that?” Wallace asked.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/debate-highlight-hillary-opposes-gun-ownership-rights-to-protect-toddlers
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:04:42 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

However, aborting them is A-OK!!  I'll bet she will support "post-birth abortion" at some point.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Chris Wallace did a heck of a job last night, asking excellent questions to challenge each candidate and allowing them to expose themselves as the hacks they both are.

I recall yelling at the TV screen last night that Clinton was avoiding Wallace's question, which was, fundamentally,   whether she agreed that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right.   She finally said so, but only after her dissembling argument that Heller was wrongly decided because D.C. was only trying to protect toddlers.   D.C. was trying to ban all handguns - the primary means by which the law-abiding may protect their hearth and home.   

Heller, it appears, hangs by the proverbial thread,  and it is incumbent upon all Republicans (and those few Constitutionally-minded Democrats) in the Senate to impose a litmus test on any Clinton SCOTUS nominee -  that they agree that the gun right is an individual and not a collective right.   Is it subject to reasonable regulation?  Sure,  if it's efficacious and narrowly tailored to respect a citizen's fundamental right of self-defense.   But that's the standard that's applied to any Constitutional right.   The Second Amendment right of self-defense must be defended as guaranteeing an individual right to the free citizen in the same way as our rights to speech, assembly, religion, privacy and self-determination.   
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:27:16 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide