Author Topic: Survey: Young Americans Brain Dead On Communism, One-Third Believes Bush Killed More People Than Stalin  (Read 1782 times)

rangerrebew

Survey: Young Americans Brain Dead On Communism, One-Third Believes Bush Killed More People Than Stalin
Matt Vespa
Matt Vespa
|
Posted: Oct 17, 2016 12:25 PM
Survey: Young Americans Brain Dead On Communism, One-Third Believes Bush Killed More People Than Stalin

It’s a rather sad survey, though it might not be entirely surprising: Millennials and Generation Z members know very little about communism. Given how they’ve voted, especially during the Democratic primaries (i.e. Feel The Bern), I’m sure it’s not too shocking, though it goes a bit further. It’s almost depressing. The Victims Of Communism Memorial Foundation did a poll about Millennial attitudes for far left using YouGov and found that one-third of them believe George W. Bush killed more people than Joseph Stalin. I would say it could be due to an overdose of MSNBC viewing, but that network doesn’t rally have an audience, especially when compared to Fox News and CNN. Seventy-five percent don’t know that communist governments have murdered more than 100 million people.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/10/17/survey-young-americans-brain-dead-on-communism-onethird-believes-bush-killed-more-people-than-stalin-n2233478
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:50:14 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Sad, just sad.  But that is what we (America) gets for letting the democrats take control of the schools.

Offline dfwgator

Sad, just sad.  But that is what we (America) gets for letting the democrats take control of the schools.

Conservatives don't fight, they run away and go to their "safe spaces".    They've ceded everything to the liberals.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why is this a surprise when for all my adult life,and I am a geezer now,even Republican politicians have been referring to America as a "Democracy"?

We are our own damn biggest problem. We accept the PC lie because we don't want to insult anyone and want others to like us,and in return for being airheads,we are going to lose our way of life.

For all practical purposes,we have already lost it. All that remains are the body recovery and disposal details.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

Matt Vespa
Matt Vespa
|
Posted: Oct 17, 2016 12:25 PM

It’s a rather sad survey, though it might not be entirely surprising: Millennials and Generation Z members know very little about communism. Given how they’ve voted, especially during the Democratic primaries (i.e. Feel The Bern), I’m sure it’s not too shocking, though it goes a bit further. It’s almost depressing. The Victims Of Communism Memorial Foundation did a poll about Millennial attitudes for far left using YouGov and found that one-third of them believe George W. Bush killed more people than Joseph Stalin. I would say it could be due to an overdose of MSNBC viewing, but that network doesn’t rally have an audience, especially when compared to Fox News and CNN. Seventy-five percent don’t know that communist governments have murdered more than 100 million people.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/10/17/survey-young-americans-brain-dead-on-communism-onethird-believes-bush-killed-more-people-than-stalin-n2233478

Its what happens when the kids are taught by state-appointed educators.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Why is this a surprise when for all my adult life,and I am a geezer now,even Republican politicians have been referring to America as a "Democracy"?

We are our own damn biggest problem. We accept the PC lie because we don't want to insult anyone and want others to like us,and in return for being airheads,we are going to lose our way of life.

For all practical purposes,we have already lost it. All that remains are the body recovery and disposal details.
You can blame Lincoln for the Democracy confusion, it goes back a long ways. It's safe to say this problem will never be solved as long as there is a federal department of education.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline dfwgator

We have Idiocracy today.

"Welcome to the Time Masheen ... We go first to the year 1939 when Charlie Chaplin and his evil Nazi regime enslaved Europe and tried to take over the world! ... But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazied the world! Forever!"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You can blame Lincoln for the Democracy confusion, it goes back a long ways. It's safe to say this problem will never be solved as long as there is a federal department of education.

I blame Lincoln for many,many things,including being maybe the most corrupt SOB to hold office anywhere at anytime in history,but all he did was start it.

Like everyone of you,I grew up learning in elementary school that "America is a democracy". I have no doubt that the programmed teachers that were teaching this nonsense didn't know any better,and were just parrotting what they had been taught without even thinking about it.

I had done enough reading that by the 3rd grade I KNEW better than this,and was arguing with my teachers about it. When my 3rd grade teacher decided to have us all dance around a May Pole to celebrate the communist holiday,May Day,I told her to kiss my big red ass because there was no way I was dancing in no commie dance party. She sent me to the principal over this,and I refused to back down to him,too. He just told her to let me sit it out and sent me back to her classroom.

She was probably in her early 20's at the time,and most likely had never had an actual thought in her entire life. Most people in the 50's and before were taught as children to do what they were told and to believe what they were told to believe,and to not ask any questions. I basically had to raise myself,so I HAD to ask questions to have any hope of making it to adulthood.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We have Idiocracy today.

"Welcome to the Time Masheen ... We go first to the year 1939 when Charlie Chaplin and his evil Nazi regime enslaved Europe and tried to take over the world! ... But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazied the world! Forever!"

@dfwgator

"Pay no attention to the man in the mirror...."

Offline dfwgator

I blame Lincoln for many,many things,including being maybe the most corrupt SOB to hold office anywhere at anytime in history,but all he did was start it.

Like everyone of you,I grew up learning in elementary school that "America is a democracy". I have no doubt that the programmed teachers that were teaching this nonsense didn't know any better,and were just parrotting what they had been taught without even thinking about it.

To which I always retort, "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner."

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Back when I was in graduate school, I was asked to help proctor an final exam in Western Civ II. One of the questions was to write in Marx's last name. (Karl)

You would be amazed how many kids wrote Groucho.

It was on a test that counted as part of a grade in one of the best state schools in the country for Pete's sake! It wasn't the Firesign Theatre!

Btw, this was 1987.  22222frying pan
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:17:52 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline dfwgator

Back when I was in graduate school, I was asked to help proctor an final exam in Western Civ II. One of the questions was to write in Marx's last name. (Karl)

It was on a test that counted as part of a grade in one of the best state schools in the country for Pete's sake! It wasn't the Firesign Theatre!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I've seen clips of Groucho's game show.

I like the duck. Thanks for the Marx brothers graphics.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:22:44 pm by Freya »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I've seen clips of Groucho's game show.

I like the duck. Thanks for the Marx brothers graphics.

@Freya

NOTHING terrified me more as a kid that thinking that I might accidentally sit down next to Groucho,and have him start asking me questions. I have always liked to think I was smart,but no matter who you were or how smart you were,you were going to lose big unless you screamed like a woman and ran away.

The best thing that could happen would be to have a double-breasted young blonde woman sitting on the other side of him. In that case,you could set yourself on fire and he would have never noticed you,never mind asked you anything.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:44:16 pm by sneakypete »

rangerrebew

Every time I hear about the background information they don't possess, I think of an old Loony Tunes cartoon featuring Foghorn Leghorn talking to the little chicken after he had scammed him again:  I say, I SAY BOY, you about as sharp as a pound of wet leatha.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Every time I hear about the background information they don't possess, I think of an old Loony Tunes cartoon featuring Foghorn Leghorn talking to the little chicken after he had scammed him again:  I say, I SAY BOY, you about as sharp as a pound of wet leatha.
Here's a great source for all your foghorn leghorn sayings:

http://foghornleghornquotes.com/foghorn-leghorn-sayings/

rangerrebew

“Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice”

What a great web site!!  Thanks. :beer:

Offline skeeter

I had done enough reading that by the 3rd grade I KNEW better than this,and was arguing with my teachers about it. When my 3rd grade teacher decided to have us all dance around a May Pole to celebrate the communist holiday,May Day,I told her to kiss my big red ass because there was no way I was dancing in no commie dance party. She sent me to the principal over this,and I refused to back down to him,too. He just told her to let me sit it out and sent me back to her classroom.

She was probably in her early 20's at the time,and most likely had never had an actual thought in her entire life. Most people in the 50's and before were taught as children to do what they were told and to believe what they were told to believe,and to not ask any questions. I basically had to raise myself,so I HAD to ask questions to have any hope of making it to adulthood.

I wish I was as savvy as you back in the day. Like an idiot I did the Mexican Hat Dance with the rest of the kids on May Day, as instructed.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

“Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice”

What a great web site!!  Thanks. :beer:
You, I say, you are welcome. Welcome that is.

Offline goatprairie

"Marx's last name. (Karl)"

You mean his first name. But I get the gist of your story.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
"Marx's last name. (Karl)"

You mean his first name. But I get the gist of your story.

Oh another  :blonde:

Honestly, my brain hasn't been working too well since my dad died, crying way too much and I have gotten slightly absent minded. Just miss him too much to think clearly.
It's two weeks I'm sure it will get better in a little more time.

Offline goatprairie

Oh another  :blonde:

Honestly, my brain hasn't been working too well since my dad died, crying way too much and I have gotten slightly absent minded. Just miss him too much to think clearly.
It's two weeks I'm sure it will get better in a little more time.
Sorry about your loss.  Both of my parents  died in the last six years. They were pretty old (93, 85), but it's still difficult to get your mind around the death of your parents.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod