Author Topic: USAF warns Airmen not to participate in “22 pushup” challenge  (Read 737 times)

rangerrebew

USAF warns Airmen not to participate in “22 pushup” challenge
By Staff Writer| October 17th, 2016|Military News, U.S. Air Force|0 Comments

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
FacebookTwitterLinkedinRedditTumblrGoogle+PinterestVkEmail

US Air Force Personnel perform push-ups. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Joel Pfiester /Released)

The VA could owe you thousands!

The US Air Force is issuing a warning to airmen taking part in publicly doing 22 pushups on social media to raise awareness on veteran suicides, claiming the act runs into the possibility of becoming a policy violation.

The Air Force contends that doing the event in uniform or on duty -regardless of good intentions- could violate the DoD’s policy against endorsements and fundraising.

“While [airmen] are allowed to participate in activities to honor fallen airmen or bring awareness to issues like suicide, if these activities are associated with any type of nonprofit, non-federal entity, or fundraising or membership campaign, it cannot be done in an official capacity,” according to a Sept. 30 Air Force release, which danced around naming any challenges or events in particular.

http://popularmilitary.com/usaf-warns-airmen-not-participate-22-pushup-challenge/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:20:55 am by rangerrebew »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: USAF warns Airmen not to participate in “22 pushup” challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »
Ok,fake out.

I clicked on this link expecting to find reports of Air Dales saying stuff like "What's a push-up?",and "Aren't they hard to do? I'm going to tell my mama you are being mean to me,you bully!",and find out it is a legitimate thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:12:53 pm »
Ok,fake out.

I clicked on this link expecting to find reports of Air Dales saying stuff like "What's a push-up?",and "Aren't they hard to do? I'm going to tell my mama you are being mean to me,you bully!",and find out it is a legitimate thing.

I didn't think that anyone in the USAF could do 22 pushups.  Of course I exclude the PJs and the other Spec Ops guys.......
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 10:18:44 pm »
Ok,fake out.

Unfortunately it probably is against regulations, much like the ice bucket challenge was last year.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.