Author Topic: Trump: 'I don't believe the polls anymore'  (Read 868 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'I don't believe the polls anymore'
« on: October 18, 2016, 09:35:02 pm »
October 18, 2016, 03:36 pm
Trump: 'I don't believe the polls anymore'

By Jonathan Swan

Donald Trump says he doesn't believe polls that show Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton beating him by an average of 7 points nationally.

"Even though we're doing pretty good in the polls, I don't believe the polls anymore," the GOP presidential nominee told a rally crowd in Colorado Springs, Colo., Tuesday.

"I don't believe them," he repeated.

Trump accused the media of hiding good polls about him and playing up bad news. It's comments like these that frustrate many Republicans in Washington, who privately kvetch that Trump and his allies are denying reality.

"If there's 10 [polls], and if there's one or two bad ones, that's the only one they show," Trump said. "Believe me, folks, we're doing great. If we keep our spirit, and if we go out and win."

Trump echoed the views of his campaign CEO, Steve Bannon, by claiming he's going to produce a shock result like "Brexit" in Europe, where pollsters were stunned when a majority of British voters decided to leave the European Union.

"This is another Brexit, believe me," Trump said Tuesday.

Referring to the media, he added, "They are so worried. That's why they've become vicious and hostile and dirty. Because they see what's going on."

Trump appeared to be arguing that his rally crowds provide evidence that he's doing better than the scientific polls indicate.

"This rally," he said, "set up just a short while ago, look at the number of people packed."

At Clinton's rallies, Trump added, "very few people show up when she has the energy to go to the event, which isn't often."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/301612-trump-i-dont-believe-the-polls-anymore
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump: 'I don't believe the polls anymore'
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:36:31 pm »
This would be hilarious, if not so pathetic.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline plewis1250

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 09:39:16 pm »
"If there's 10 [polls], and if there's one or two bad ones, that's the only one they show," Trump said. "Believe me, folks, we're doing great. If we keep our spirit, and if we go out and win."

Soooooo

Just a friendly reminder:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

In the last 26 polls released over the last 2 days, Trump has led in 6 and tied in 1.

Last I checked, that does not equate to 1 or 2 bad ones...

Several of these show a 20+ deficit on Trump's part to Clinton...

This is going to be a bloodbath...

The blame rests on Trump and his enablers. End of story.
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »
Look on the bright side.

No more outlier polls or self selected polls littering the news here - His Hairness doesn't believe in polls, so why post them.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 11:52:24 pm »
He used to tweet about the polls everyday.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

geronl

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:20:04 am »
He couldn't get enough polls in the primary