Author Topic: Clinton holds clear advantage in new battleground polls  (Read 498 times)

HonestJohn

Clinton holds clear advantage in new battleground polls
« on: October 18, 2016, 09:01:18 pm »
By Dan Balz and Scott Clement
October 18 at 12:34 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-holds-clear-advantage-in-new-battleground-polls/2016/10/18/2885e3a0-94a6-11e6-bc79-af1cd3d2984b_story.html

Hillary Clinton holds a decisive advantage over Donald Trump in the competition for votes in the electoral college, leading in enough states to put her comfortably over the 270 majority needed to win the presidential election in November, according to a new SurveyMonkey poll of 15 battleground states conducted with The Washington Post.

Based on the results from the 15 state surveys, along with assumptions of the likely outcomes in other states that have consistently voted for one party or the other, Clinton, the Democratic nominee, holds leads of four points among likely voters or more in states that add up to 304 electoral votes.

Trump, the GOP nominee, has the advantage in states with an estimated electoral vote total of 138. Arizona, Florida, Ohio and Texas, which account for 96 electoral votes, remain as toss-ups. All results in the 15 state surveys are based on ballot tests that include Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson and Green Party nominee Jill Stein.

The results underscore the importance for Trump of Wednesday’s final presidential debate, which will be held in Las Vegas. National polls have moved in Clinton’s direction since the exchanges began in late September. Her current average margin is seven points in polling averages from the Huffington Post Pollster and RealClearPolitics. The most recent Washington Post-ABC News poll put her national lead over Trump at four points.

(more at link)

HonestJohn

Re: Clinton holds clear advantage in new battleground polls
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:04:57 pm »
Texas is in play.

I railed against Trump for his remarks about Hispanics.  I said they'd remember his words in November.  I was right.

But the Trump supporters thought those words foolish then.

Now who's foolish?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 09:14:14 pm »
Trump's done.

The debate, no matter how well Trump does, won't help.  Hillary will have to crash and burn for Trump to move things a couple of points.

Trump's talk of "rigged elections"  and his attacking women who admitted that Trump did to them what he says he does to women has irretrievably damaged his chances.

So, will Trump lose gracefully, or will he do what Limbaugh wants him to do and burn down as much of the GOP as he can?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 09:22:06 pm »
So, will Trump lose gracefully, or will he do what Limbaugh wants him to do and burn down as much of the GOP as he can?

Is that really what Rush Limbaugh is pushing?!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:24:03 pm »
Is that really what Rush Limbaugh is pushing?!

His career is over. May as well.