Author Topic: Trump’s path to an electoral college victory isn’t narrow. It’s non-existent.  (Read 1368 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump’s path to an electoral college victory isn’t narrow. It’s non-existent.
By Stuart Rothenberg October 18 at 6:00 AM

The trajectory of the 2016 presidential race — which will result in a Hillary Clinton victory — remains largely unchanged from May, when Donald Trump and Clinton were in the process of wrapping up their nominations.

But what has changed recently is Clinton’s likely winning margin. For many weeks, even months, I have believed that Clinton would defeat Trump by three to six points. If anything, that range now looks a bit low, with the Democratic nominee apparently headed for a more convincing victory, quite possibly in the four-to-eight point range.

Trump continues to be his own worst enemy, saying or tweeting things that only fuel chatter about his current and past views, values and behavior. His comments about people — from Vladimir Putin and Alicia Machado to some of the women who have accused him of sexual assault — have kept the focus on him at a time when he should be making the election a referendum on Clinton.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/10/18/trump-electoral-college-victory-non-existent/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I really expect Trump to lose some deep red states like possibly UT, GA, NC, or AZ.

The only good thing that will come out this election will be we will be rid of him forever.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

HonestJohn

I really expect Trump to lose some deep red states like possibly UT, GA, NC, or AZ.

The only good thing that will come out this election will be we will be rid of him forever.

I can see Utah, North Carolina, and Arizona as strong possibilities.  Georgia will be a clear win (for Trump), but with far less of the vote.

Utah - good chance what with McMullin pulling votes from Trump

Arizona - large number of very pissed-off Hispanics who have finally been motivated to register

North Carolina - more tech industries (and employees) in the research triangle; less traditional GOP voters (due to age); more pissed-off Hispanics and Blacks (thanks, Trump... you're not supposed to rile up the opposition base to get out and vote!)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:19:48 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline LadyLiberty

Stuart must be mistaken.  I keep seeing comments and memes posted on facebook that say Trump's going to win by a landslide!  /sarc

Offline Vulcan

Trump’s path to an electoral college victory isn’t narrow. It’s non-existent.

And it's been that way since forever.

Pity the Trumpanzees couldn't see it.

And because they couldn't we will have a President Hillary Clinton.

Offline Norm Lenhart

And it's been that way since forever.

Pity the Trumpanzees couldn't see it.

And because they couldn't we will have a President Hillary Clinton.

But they DID see it. They just wanted a liberal. I mean we need to accept simple truths here. One such truth is that people that want liberals in power work to put them there. It doesn't matter 'who they are' on a web forum. Or what they say. If you want a thing, you do your best to have that thing.

So here we have people screaming at fellow posters to vote for a liberal. People that flushed all respect people had to promote a liberal. Lied, propagandized and completely bastardized facts in service of getting a liberal elected.

Are we supposed to believe that they did not want a liberal elected?

They used every liberal tactic in the book.

HonestJohn

But they DID see it. They just wanted a liberal. I mean we need to accept simple truths here. One such truth is that people that want liberals in power work to put them there. It doesn't matter 'who they are' on a web forum. Or what they say. If you want a thing, you do your best to have that thing.

So here we have people screaming at fellow posters to vote for a liberal. People that flushed all respect people had to promote a liberal. Lied, propagandized and completely bastardized facts in service of getting a liberal elected.

Are we supposed to believe that they did not want a liberal elected?

They used every liberal tactic in the book.

Well, to many Republicans a conservative is a big-govrnment statist that promises free stuff... but just for them.  And who makes their political enemies pay for it.  They are looters stealing from the public treasury.

Their idol is Obama, just with an "(R)" by the name.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:19:38 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Well, to many Republicans a conservative is a big-govrnment statist that promises free stuff... but just for them.  And who makes their political enemies pay for it.  They are looters stealing from the public treasury.

Their idol is Obama, just with an "(R)" by the name.

Yup. Liberals.

HonestJohn

Yup. Liberals.

Many Trumpists did say, in the primaries, that they wanted their own Obama.  And that was the rationale given for chosing Trump.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Many Trumpists did say, in the primaries, that they wanted their own Obama.  And that was the rationale given for chosing Trump.

Indeed. Some said 'dictator' specifically too. those same people also beat their chest about 'saving their constitutional rights' and 'freedom'. ironically enough.

Offline Suppressed

But they DID see it. They just wanted a liberal.

Yeah, the Trump supporters are suddenly yelling the warning about Hillary, when prior to that, they gave us a candidate who couldn't care less about her.

Meanwhile, many of the other candidates were going after Hillary during the primaries. But noooo...the Trump supporters weren't so big on beating Hillary then.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online andy58-in-nh

Except that we won't be rid of him because his ego will never allow it, and increasingly, that appears to be the plan.

Trump has his own army of followers and he would love nothing more than to direct their energy toward his next big project, whether that turns out to be a new network or a new party.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Vulcan

But they DID see it. They just wanted a liberal.

I agree Norm but I believe you may have missed my point.  My point was it was well-known the liberal turd Donald Trump, POS that he obviously is, was and still is completely unelectable.  He was the ONLY candidate with higher unfavorable ratings than Hillary and remains so to this day.  But he was liberal and that is what the dumbasses wanted. 

And as a result this country will be saddled with its second president Clinton.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I agree Norm but I believe you may have missed my point.  My point was it was well-known the liberal turd Donald Trump, POS that he obviously is, was and still is completely unelectable.  He was the ONLY candidate with higher unfavorable ratings than Hillary and remains so to this day.  But he was liberal and that is what the dumbasses wanted. 

And as a result this country will be saddled with its second president Clinton.

Yup, totally agree.