Author Topic: WSJ: The Cheap Moralizing of Never Trump  (Read 67307 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: WSJ: The Cheap Moralizing of Never Trump
« Reply #600 on: October 22, 2016, 02:25:41 pm »
@jpsb

You know, speaking for myself, I'd be really happy to never see another stale, lame Freeperism (moose, cheese, sister, all that crap) brought over here.  That goes double for Jim Robinson's moronic "FUwhomever."  We don't need to be aping him.

It's a sign of a lack of intellect and an even greater lack of vocabulary.

And you're right....... it doesn't belong here where people actually use words and THINK.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2016, 02:42:02 pm »
@jpsb, did you actually listen to the video?  It’s about a CNN story that both campaigns responded to.   The Cruz spokeswoman did mention Melania’s naked pics, which I think is stupid and a bit beside the point.  Now, how you spin that to be “the origin of the attack” is just shameful.  You know where the attack originated and you go and find a video of talking head discussing the attack as “proof” of the origination of the attack.  You’re making my head hurt with all the machinations.  You’re not a “campaign operative” by any chance, are you?
@Sanguine

"we should be looking at the first lady candidates, instead of just talking about the men"

“If Donald trump is elected, Mrs. Trump will be the first first lady that has ever posed nude; the first first lady that’s the third wife [of the president]; and the first foreign-born first lady in this century.” She said, “by contrast,” Cruz’s wife Heidi would be “the first pro-life first lady.”

"You've been covering Nancy Reagan, look at what an influencer she was to her husband. … I think posing nude speaks to character," she said.

Was that an attack on  Meleana Trump by the Cruz campaign or not? Did that Cruz spokes person imply that Mrs Trump was unfit to be first lady or not?

FYI the attacks on Mrs Trump by team Cruz only got worse after this first one.

The lengths Cruzers go to distort the truth is amazing. Trump at this point had not said one word about Heidi Cruz. However after weeks of team Cruz attacking Mrs Trump he did fire back with an, OMG, a retweet of an unflattering picture of Mrs Cruz. Oh the horror.  Ted Cruz better hope that I have forgotten about this when he up for reelection in 2018.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #602 on: October 22, 2016, 02:42:39 pm »
If he is an "operative" he's sure not earning his pay.

I think the goal of trolls is to get people to vote for their guy, not make everyone repulsed by how boneheaded and dishonest you are, so they run even farther from your guy......

That's a good point, but then, this is an unusual election in many ways. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #603 on: October 22, 2016, 02:45:06 pm »
@Sanguine

"we should be looking at the first lady candidates, instead of just talking about the men"

“If Donald trump is elected, Mrs. Trump will be the first first lady that has ever posed nude; the first first lady that’s the third wife [of the president]; and the first foreign-born first lady in this century.” She said, “by contrast,” Cruz’s wife Heidi would be “the first pro-life first lady.”

"You've been covering Nancy Reagan, look at what an influencer she was to her husband. … I think posing nude speaks to character," she said.

Was that an attack on  Meleana Trump by the Cruz campaign or not? Did that Cruz spokes person imply that Mrs Trump was unfit to be first lady or not?

The lengths Cruzers go to distort the truth is amazing. Trump at this point had not said one word about Heidi Cruz. However after weeks of team Cruz attacking Mrs Trump he did fire back with an, OMG, a retweet of an unflattering picture of Mrs Cruz. Oh the horror.  Ted Cruz better hope that I have forgotten about this when he up for reelection in 2018.

Sorry, but you've already discredited yourself.  Doubling down won't help.   To paraphrase the old saying: "first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole, is to quit digging".

Offline jpsb

« Reply #604 on: October 22, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »

I think the goal of trolls is to get people to vote for their guy, not make everyone repulsed by how boneheaded and dishonest you are, so they run even farther from your guy......

You are NeverTrump, so why should I waste my time trying to convince you? I like like to inject a little truth into the conversation from time to time. I'm tried of hearing the half truth about Trump attacking Heidi Cruz. Yeah he did, but he did so to DEFEND his wife who was being viciously attacked by team Cruz.

And you know why we know it was Cruz and not Rubio? Because the attacks stopped after Trump put Heidi on the hot seat.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:50:08 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #605 on: October 22, 2016, 02:48:01 pm »
Sorry, but you've already discredited yourself.  Doubling down won't help.   To paraphrase the old saying: "first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole, is to quit digging".

Nice dodge, you can't address the FACTS so you dodge and weave. Typical Cruzer, which by the way is why Cruz lost. No one believed a word out of his mouth once they got to know him.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:50:30 pm by jpsb »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2016, 02:50:25 pm »
That's a good point, but then, this is an unusual election in many ways.

That's for sure.

But when the pro-Trump forces seem to be doing everything they can to make people turn away from their candidate, it seems a bit more than "unusual," doesn't it?

I swear these people want everyone on the fence to vote third party, write in a candidate or leave the top space blank.

They can't seriously thing that lying and bullying is going to convince any thinking person to vote for their repulsive candidate.

Can they???
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2016, 02:51:18 pm »
Nice dodge, you can't address the FACTS so you dodge and weave. Typical Cruzer, which be the way is why Cruz lost. No one believed a word out of his mouth once they got to know him.

Now, @jpsb, if you had actually wanted to prove your point you would have found good sources that actually made your point.  Instead you produce dodgy "evidence" and then when it is rejected, accuse me of "dodging and weaving".  Whew!  Does it make you dizzy to produce all of this stuff? 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #608 on: October 22, 2016, 02:58:09 pm »

This tiny little web site, to which I have been banished, will not swing very many votes. So here I am free to just tell it like it is. It's kind of liberating posting here. I had to be entirely to PC at TOS. TOS is very big on group think. One had to pay careful attention to which way the wind was blowing that day because management there was prone to rapid and radical changes in thinking.  Here not so much. But I do miss posting to thousands of readers. Oh Well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:58:38 pm by jpsb »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2016, 03:00:18 pm »
This tiny little web site, to which I have been banished,

So it's a martyr thing.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #610 on: October 22, 2016, 03:01:37 pm »
Now, @jpsb, if you had actually wanted to prove your point you would have found good sources that actually made your point.  Instead you produce dodgy "evidence" and then when it is rejected, accuse me of "dodging and weaving".  Whew!  Does it make you dizzy to produce all of this stuff?

Still dodging huh, I will leave it up to the reader to decide who is posting facts, documenting those facts and who is BSing.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #611 on: October 22, 2016, 03:04:29 pm »
So it's a martyr thing.
It's not a martyr thing, it's a fact, you're the one into martyr-ism not me. If I were allowed to post uncensored at FR I would, and here too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:06:59 pm by jpsb »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #612 on: October 22, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »
This tiny little web site, to which I have been banished, will not swing very many votes. So here I am free to just tell it like it is. It's kind of liberating posting here. I had to be entirely to PC at TOS. TOS is very big on group think. One had to pay careful attention to which way the wind was blowing that day because management there was prone to rapid and radical changes in thinking.  Here not so much. But I do miss posting to thousands of readers. Oh Well.

Wow, I feel for you, dude.  Banished to have to hang out with the likes of us!  Oh, the tragedy.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #613 on: October 22, 2016, 03:17:03 pm »
jpsb.........I have been banished from Lucianne for being anti trump.   I consider it  a badge of honor and am glad not to be associated with them.   I stand with Jonah, Beck, and some others who have had the courage to stand up to the brown shirts and said NO to trump.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #614 on: October 22, 2016, 03:18:21 pm »
Wow, I feel for you, dude.  Banished to have to hang out with the likes of us!  Oh, the tragedy.

I'll survive. The user interface here could use some work. A search function would be nice and a longer list of "current" threads would be nice. But it's usable.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #615 on: October 22, 2016, 03:18:31 pm »
jpsb.........I have been banished from Lucianne for being anti trump.   I consider it  a badge of honor and am glad not to be associated with them.   I stand with Jonah, Beck, and some others who have had the courage to stand up to the brown shirts and said NO to trump.

So Lucianne is pro-Trump and Jonah is anti.... ? 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #616 on: October 22, 2016, 03:23:21 pm »

I still have an account from the 90s at Lucianne. I haven't been there in years, I might go have a look but as I recall Lucianne was very pro Bush and I am not at all fond of the Bushes. Having to take on NeverTrumpers each AM makes me sharper so I am kindof enjoying it here. Wheres the fun in agreeing with everyone all the time?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #617 on: October 22, 2016, 03:26:46 pm »
It's not a martyr thing, it's a fact, you're the one into martyr-ism not me. If I were allowed to post uncensored at FR I would, and here too.

It's a fact you show a martyr complex. But you failed Donald. You were disloyal. I can see why you'd try playing the victim to return to his good graces. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and Donald loves flattery.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #618 on: October 22, 2016, 03:29:32 pm »
Still dodging huh, I will leave it up to the reader to decide who is posting facts, documenting those facts and who is BSing.

I like having people around who voice an opinion so different from my own. Without fear of management blasting them off. FWIW I always saw Cruz as a grandstander.

Anyways I find some humor in Trump as a POTUS candidate. He is pretty amorphous. I'm not really a #nevertrump person. If I think none of the candidates deserve my vote they don't get it. Simple as that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

« Reply #619 on: October 22, 2016, 03:46:13 pm »
@Sanguine

****cute kitty

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #620 on: October 22, 2016, 04:02:30 pm »
I still have an account from the 90s at Lucianne. I haven't been there in years, I might go have a look but as I recall Lucianne was very pro Bush and I am not at all fond of the Bushes. Having to take on NeverTrumpers each AM makes me sharper so I am kindof enjoying it here. Wheres the fun in agreeing with everyone all the time?

Considering your basic schtick is to tell all of us who don't support either Liberal to just shut up and get on the Trump train...when you're not accusing us of being Hillary supporters...that last line from you is pathetically hysterical.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #621 on: October 22, 2016, 04:05:32 pm »
We had 17 candidates this time around.  Many were quite good.

The problem isn't the party, per se, but the primary voters that *CHOOSE* the worst candidate of the bunch.

A fundamental problem is the system by which the party selects the candidate.

Open primaries are ridiculous. Perhaps we'll see that closed off in some states.

But The Party won't change FPTP voting, as it helps the Establishment candidates and hurts conservative challengers (and who knows whether Americans are bright enough for anything else!).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

« Reply #622 on: October 22, 2016, 04:08:41 pm »
Considering your basic schtick is to tell all of us who don't support either Liberal to just shut up and get on the Trump train...when you're not accusing us of being Hillary supporters...that last line from you is pathetically hysterical.

You are entitled to your opinion, I just think you're stupid and I've not told anyone here to shut up.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 07:01:04 am by jpsb »

Silver Pines

« Reply #623 on: October 22, 2016, 04:16:55 pm »

@jpsb

That's kind of an odd thing to say.  I've never given a though to the size of my "audience', nor even considered it such, no matter where I post.

You ought to be informed about the relative sizes of the two forums, though.  It's true that TOS is larger.  However, since the early part of the year TBR has received about 500 new members from FR (and if that figure is wrong, someone please correct me).

The traffic and the posting at FR is way down; Jim and company are living in the past, when the site had a bit of actual influence and status.  Now, it's known all over the internet as a joke, a fringe kook gathering.  Also, I've been told that in local political circles, anyone who mentions FR gets laughed at.

That's to be expected when you have members saying the Trump News Network will be even better than Infowars. 

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #624 on: October 22, 2016, 04:22:19 pm »
If we are cheap moralizers what is the alt/right that promotes the madman, Trump.