Author Topic: Dumb*ss Tries And Thankfully Fails To Ambush Police Officers  (Read 642 times)

rangerrebew

Dumb*ss Tries And Thankfully Fails To Ambush Police Officers
« on: October 18, 2016, 12:02:06 pm »
Dumb*ss Tries And Thankfully Fails To Ambush Police Officers

October 18, 2016| by Brian Anderson

Nobody has ever accused 41-year-old convicted felon Adam Powell of being a genius, but he now stands accused of trying to assassinate two police officers. In one serious crazy story, this guy may have shot his 2-year-old son in the neck and then looked to extract his revenge by trying to ambush some cops.

SF Gate reports that Sunday afternoon in Suisun City, CA Powell’s young son was shot in the neck at a home where he sometimes lived. By the time emergency responders showed up, Powell was gone and the people at the home tried to say the two-year-old suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The cops searched the place but didn’t find any firearms. The boy was taken to the hospital where he is in the ICU.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/dumbass-tries-and-thankfully-fails-to-ambush-police-officers
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 12:02:54 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Dumb*ss Tries And Thankfully Fails To Ambush Police Officers
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 12:04:27 pm »
I was told in this very forum that being a cop was an easy safe job, being a milkman was more dangerous!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 02:04:15 pm »
I was told in this very forum that being a cop was an easy safe job, being a milkman was more dangerous!
"easy safe job,"

Sure, if you're a cop in many small or mid-sized towns in America, it's reasonably safe. My hometown of La Crosse, Wi with a pop. of about 50,000 has only had two cops shot and killed in the line of duty in the last seventy years. (As a side note, one of the officers killed was the grandfather of one of my childood friends.)
 But that has a lot to do with the fact that the great majority of citizens in La Crosse don't commit serious crimes and/or have it in for cops. In fact in the last twenty years or so La Crosse has averaged only one or two homicides annually. Some years there were zero homicides;
Contrast that with big city cops who work in high crime/high violence areas. I would bet their chances of getting harmed in the line of duty are a lot higher than police officers in my area and other similar places.
Any volunteers among the anti-cop people on this forum and other forums to become a cop in a big city with high violence rates? I wouldn't do that for all the money in the world.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 01:24:58 am »
goatprairie wrote:
"But that has a lot to do with the fact that the great majority of citizens in La Crosse don't commit serious crimes and/or have it in for cops. In fact in the last twenty years or so La Crosse has averaged only one or two homicides annually. Some years there were zero homicides"

Sounds like a decent place to live.

What are the demographics (and yes, I mean the racial ones, as incorrect as it may be to say so)?

I'll bet that has A LOT to do with it...