Author Topic: McCain: ‘I Don’t Know’ If Trump’s SCOTUS Pick Will Be Much Better than Hillary’s  (Read 1685 times)

Online Polly Ticks

For his response, the best that McCain could offer was “I don’t know, because I hear him saying a lot of different things.”

Love McCain or hate McCain, he hit the nail on the head with this statement. 

One of the biggest problems for Trump is that he comes across as untrustworthy.  He appears to be incapable of standing firm on any given position -- even for something as ultimately meaningless as his opinion on how well a debate went, never mind what kind of Supreme Court justices he would nominate. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

The pitiful thing is, this was never meant to be the issue elections are decided on.  If the SCOTUS was not so eager to legislate, people would not be tempted to vote for a crazy man in hopes that he MIGHT nominate conservatives in hopes that the Senate MIGHT confirm them in hopes that they MIGHT actually judge as strict constructionists in hopes that the court majority MIGHT swing our way.

So much for "WE THE PEOPLE."

Exactly.  The SCOTUS shouldn't be making law.  Their job is to interpret law and rule according to the Constitution.  There recent rulings seemed to have been persuaded by political correctness rather than law. Perhaps it would also be prudent to give SCOTUS justices term limits.

This election is like a crap shoot.  Unfortunately, with certainty we know Hillary will appoint liberals.  With Trump we don't know for sure; though he's gone public with his 'list' and voting 3rd party there is no guarantee that it will deny either Trump or Hillary the majority.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:46:07 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.