Author Topic: Obama: Freedom Of Speech May Be On It's Way Out  (Read 1063 times)

rangerrebew

Obama: Freedom Of Speech May Be On It's Way Out
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:28:01 pm »
Obama: Freedom Of Speech May Be On It's Way Out

Or at least, according to the president, your right to say terrible, hateful things online anyway.

Yesterday, a feature was published by Wired magazine penned by U.S. President Barack Obama. The piece is titled "Now Is the Greatest Time to Be Alive". The overall tone of the article is great, applauding the scientific and cultural advances that we have made as a country, and I agree with him in many places.

But a particular sentence caught my attention, nestled within a paragraph talking about distribution and networking services. He's talking about algorithms used by sites like Twitter (TWTR) and Facebook (FB), and he says:

"Not just making our social networks more fun for sharing memes but also harnessing their power to counter terrorist ideologies and online hate speech."

https://brandpower.whotrades.com/blog/43868870142?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=post&utm_term=acRankingEmailLnkdPostIM&frpp_id=acRankingEmailLnkdPostIM
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:28:56 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline jpsb

Re: Obama: Freedom Of Speech May Be On It's Way Out
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 03:35:38 pm »
Hillary will put American conservatism in the ash heap of history. She will grant amnesty to millions of illegals (Marxists) and never again will an R win a national election. She will pack the Supreme Court with activist Marxist judges that will totally rewrite our constitution. We will lose freedom of speech to hate laws. We will lose freedom of religion to discrimination laws. We will lose the 2cd to gun control laws.  We will lose the ability to earn a living to trade laws. And that's only if she does not first get us into a nuclear war with Russia over Syria. When we will lose our lives. Voting anything but Trump is insanity.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 03:50:10 pm »
Good reason to avoid Twitter and Facebook, which already are censoring the heck out of conservatives.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:54:42 pm »
neither Hillary nor Trump support free speech

geronl

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 05:55:22 pm »
Hillary will put American conservatism in the ash heap of history. .

Trump has already done that for his old friend

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 06:09:42 pm »
neither Hillary nor Trump support free speech
Yup, they both want to be the arbitrators of what can be said and who can say it. The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 06:11:54 pm »
Good reason to avoid Twitter and Facebook, which already are censoring the heck out of conservatives.
Well that explains why Trump uses twitter so much. :whistle:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 01:41:52 am »
Trump has already done that for his old friend

Is that all you got? LOL, weak man, really weak.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 03:18:23 pm »

For other work related reasons, I have kept a very low Internet profile - no Twitter or Facebook accounts.  Just for curiosity sake, what would be the alternatives that are conservative friendly?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 04:22:37 pm »
For other work related reasons, I have kept a very low Internet profile - no Twitter or Facebook accounts.  Just for curiosity sake, what would be the alternatives that are conservative friendly?
A couple of tin cans and a string. I'm not aware of any real conservative leaning social media beyond forums like this one.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour