Author Topic: U.S. the Stupid is Starting WWIII  (Read 2281 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: U.S. the Stupid is Starting WWIII
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 05:43:51 pm »
Allowing sovereign nations to make their own choices on defense and membership in NATO is wrong, we should allow Russia to threaten and control them.

lol

Anyone who makes us the bad guy in that is insane and a traitor.

You mean "as opposed to us bribing them to be our friends"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 06:08:31 pm »
There are 60 commercially operating nuclear power plants with 100 nuclear reactors in 30 states in the United States.

Imagine each reactor melting down and turning into a Fukushima. That is what will happen if the US suffers a catastrophic infrastructure failure. Very few would survive in a USA covered in radioactive waste.

I worked in a nuclear power plant for years.  You know in the US and Europe any little glitch (and I do mean glitch) and the reactors shut down automatically.  In fact, the most difficult thing about running a nuclear power plant is keeping the reactor online because they've built so many fail safes into the systems.  I guess I could come up with some reactor melting scenarios, but they are so extreme, the probabilities are vanishingly slim.  Not quite zero but so close you couldn't see the difference under a microscope.

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 06:13:43 pm »
I worked in a nuclear power plant for years.  You know in the US and Europe any little glitch (and I do mean glitch) and the reactors shut down automatically.  In fact, the most difficult thing about running a nuclear power plant is keeping the reactor online because they've built so many fail safes into the systems.  I guess I could come up with some reactor melting scenarios, but they are so extreme, the probabilities are vanishingly slim.  Not quite zero but so close you couldn't see the difference under a microscope.

See, now you went and ruined another perfectly good sky is falling scare tactic. I imagine now Chicken little will question your credentials and come up with 15 reasons his playthrough of Fallout 4 is more in line with reality than you actually being in the Nuke business.