Author Topic: Clinton Announces Massive Gun Control Plan  (Read 6723 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Clinton Announces Massive Gun Control Plan
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2016, 07:42:41 pm »
I agree, Xena. There were way too many contenders in the GOP primary, and shame on those whose egos were just too big. I could have supported several of them, and did vote for Cruz in my state's primary even after Trump was declared the victor. There's no doubt the Dems did what they could to gum up the GOP primaries, as well. Why wouldn't they? Both parties like to trot out that little trick every few years.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2016, 07:44:22 pm »
What game is that, Norm? You seem to be so all-knowing, I'd really like to know who could have beaten Trump, because I would have supported him or her in a heartbeat. The problem is, no one did beat him in the primary season, and this is where we are.

I'm not all knowing. Just mostly knowing. One of the things I know is that many of the supposedly conservative right jumped on board trashing Ted Cruz as a Canadian, an adulterer and more. Had they not done that, Ted would have won this. But the liberals here and across the right have spent a lot of time ensuring open primaries didn't they. And the Dems crossed right over as Hillarys Emails showed, because Trump is who she wanted to run against. then they crossed right back ensuring his defeat.

But you should have known that. Because mostly knowing people like myself warned everyone of that going back to the beginning. But no one listens to us 'know it alls' do thay. No matter how many times we get proven right. Because people like you 'know better'. It's a lesser evil I guess.

Please don't tell me that didn't happen. Please don't tell me Trump is going to beat Hillary.

HonestJohn

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2016, 07:47:52 pm »
What game is that, Norm? You seem to be so all-knowing, I'd really like to know who could have beaten Trump, because I would have supported him or her in a heartbeat. The problem is, no one did beat him in the primary season, and this is where we are.

Are you really going to claim that the GOP primaries and the voters that vote in them are representative of the general election voter base?

Trump appealed to only a plurality of the GOP primary voter... and currently appeals even less to the general electorate.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2016, 07:49:21 pm »
Let's hope this is as popular as a proposal as the assault weapons ban was in practice.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2016, 07:49:58 pm »
Are you really going to claim that the GOP primaries and the voters that vote in them are representative of the general election voter base?

Trump appealed to only a plurality of the GOP primary voter... and currently appeals even less to the general electorate.
I made no such claim. I only assert that Trump is the nominee of the Republican party, unfortunately, because he is. The primary process was a disaster.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2016, 07:54:30 pm »
One of the things I know is that many of the supposedly conservative right jumped on board trashing Ted Cruz as a Canadian, an adulterer and more. Had they not done that, Ted would have won this.
Yes, they certainly did that. I was not one of those people, though. I was a Ted Cruz supporter. I voted for him in my state's primary in May.

But you should have known that.
I believe I said I knew that, and agreed with what you said. Keep up.

Because people like you 'know better'. It's a lesser evil I guess.
Please elucidate. What is a person like me? You have no idea, as evidenced by the fact that you've repeatedly misstated my beliefs and whom I support.

Please don't tell me that didn't happen. Please don't tell me Trump is going to beat Hillary.
I haven't said anything of the sort, so I can't exactly stop saying it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »
Yes, they certainly did that. I was not one of those people, though. I was a Ted Cruz supporter. I voted for him in my state's primary in May.
I believe I said I knew that, and agreed with what you said. Keep up.
Please elucidate. What is a person like me? You have no idea, as evidenced by the fact that you've repeatedly misstated my beliefs and whom I support.
I haven't said anything of the sort, so I can't exactly stop saying it.

I explained it to you. you can accept it or not. Your call.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2016, 07:57:49 pm »
 **nononono*

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2016, 07:59:55 pm »
It is a high five, not an "alt-right salute". Here. Have this  ****slapping

Still confused? (There is no Gibbs style head whack emoji)

@Smokin Joe
@endicom

Apparently this is another memo circulating between them...another of their crew mentioned the "Trump-hating alt-right" yesterday.  They've done this before.  They huddle in their little safe space and decide among themselves what to post when they venture out.

What's funny about this one is its 180-degree flip of reality.  Next we'll be hearing about that Constitutional scholar named Drumpf.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2016, 08:01:57 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@endicom

Apparently this is another memo circulating between them...another of their crew mentioned the "Trump-hating alt-right" yesterday.  They've done this before.  They huddle in their little safe space and decide among themselves what to post when they venture out.

What's funny about this one is its 180-degree flip of reality.  Next we'll be hearing about that Constitutional scholar named Drumpf.

Like I said a while back. High School never ends.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2016, 08:06:27 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@endicom

Are they so afraid we'll stumble across even more dirt on devious degenerate dirty-dealing Donny that they have to throw these turds at the glass in the monkey house?

Wow. How utterly pathetic. **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2016, 08:26:35 pm »

The border is on the ballet this election.
The Supreme Court is on the ballet this election.
The amnesty is on the ballet this election.
A war with Russia is on the ballet this election.
American Jobs are on the ballet this election.

All true.  But so is Trump's mercurial temperament,  and its implications for his role as Commander in Chief with custody of the nuclear codes.   Why aren't Trump's allies and supporters addressing this existential worry?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2016, 08:49:36 pm »
All true.  But so is Trump's mercurial temperament,  and its implications for his role as Commander in Chief with custody of the nuclear codes.   Why aren't Trump's allies and supporters addressing this existential worry?   
They're dancing all around it. Arabesque, plie', pirouette, pas, pas, jete'...

they're worried about all that stuff on the "ballet".
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:50:29 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2016, 08:57:53 pm »
It is a high five, not an "alt-right salute".

It doesn't look anything like a  high five. It looks like a Heil!

And it hasn't a description like other emoji. It has '8 8 8high5 8 8 8 8.' Everyone knows they use those eights for Hitler and the 'high' is obviously 'heil.'

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:00:33 pm by endicom »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2016, 09:08:25 pm »
Heavens to Murgatroyd, the Trump emoji has a 665 on it!  It's a sign he's the lesser evil!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2016, 09:12:03 pm »
It doesn't look anything like a  high five. It looks like a Heil!

And it hasn't a description like other emoji. It has '8 8 8high5 8 8 8 8.' Everyone knows they use those eights for Hitler and the 'high' is obviously 'heil.'
:dx1: is a dx1
Maybe the names are whatever they are without giving it any more significance than it is used for. Around this website, that has been used as a high 5. But for you, here:  ****slapping

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2016, 09:13:26 pm »
Heavens to Murgatroyd, the Trump emoji has a 665 on it!  It's a sign he's the lesser evil!

No, no it's like the lottery. There's one exact number with all the others being misses. But if you see eights then...Hitler!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2016, 09:15:04 pm »
I made no such claim. I only assert that Trump is the nominee of the Republican party, unfortunately, because he is. The primary process was a disaster.

That's on Priebus for allowing so many candidates in the first place.    The cut-off should be three. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2016, 09:19:10 pm »
Are they so afraid we'll stumble across even more dirt on devious degenerate dirty-dealing Donny that they have to throw these turds at the glass in the monkey house?

Wow. How utterly pathetic. **nononono*

@Smokin Joe

Three weeks to go and the shrillness is escalating.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2016, 04:23:42 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I'm so relieved that you'll be able to say "I told you so" while our country burns.   Heck my children would like to say thank you as well.

How about doing something constructive?

I am.  I'm supporting an Article V convention to limit the power of the federal government, so whoever is the president will have much less ability to harm us.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »
I am.  I'm supporting an Article V convention to limit the power of the federal government, so whoever is the president will have much less ability to harm us.

A government never gives up their power voluntarily.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2016, 08:27:04 pm »

Hence the need for an Article V convention to propose constitutional amendments to force them to relinquish power.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »
This story is from 2015.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2016, 08:34:54 pm »

The idea is to get the states to make them give it up involuntarily.

An Article V Convention is the only option with any chance of success anymore.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2016, 10:02:29 pm »
This story is from 2015.
That's a good point. Like Trump she might have a totally different idea on this issue now.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour