Author Topic: Hillary Clinton holds 15-point lead over Trump in Virginia  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Hillary Clinton holds 15-point lead over Trump in Virginia
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 02:31:57 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I'm really old and remember when peanuts were called "goobers".  So, endicom must mean goober states are those that grow peanuts.  I believe Georgia grows peanuts.  You live in Virginia - do you grow peanuts?  Plus, why would growing peanuts be bad?  Peanuts wouldn't mean the state is Democrat or Republican unless one of those parties hates peanuts and they won't live in that state due to its growing peanuts. 

Words mean things and goobers means peanuts.  It is a terrible misnomer to equate peanuts with political parties.  How many cans of peanuts do Democrats or Republicans buy?  Is there a poll determining which party eats the most peanuts?  Until I see evidence of which party buys the most peanuts, I say leave peanuts alone and use their real name, peanuts, instead of goobers.

Both goobers and peanuts make me think of Jimmy Carter ... another disaster although a decent man, unlike Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 02:34:07 am »
15 points...I don't believe this....

I don't either but what I do believe is that Trump is losing some of the support that he once had and is going way down in the polls.

I take no joy in Hillary being elected but some people here thought Donald Trump was a good idea.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 03:11:12 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 03:13:27 am »

I take no joy in Hillary being elected but some people here thought Donald Trump was a good idea.

@Emjay

I don't believe that. I doubt even his children think anything about him is a good idea. I think 99 percent of his support was due to who he is running against. Most sane people that had a choice between voting for Bubbette! or voting for Satan would vote for Satan as the lesser of two evils.

Just like Trump is pretty much the ONLY candidate she would beat,which is why I am still convinced she hired him to run.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 03:40:10 am »
@Emjay

I don't believe that. I doubt even his children think anything about him is a good idea. I think 99 percent of his support was due to who he is running against. Most sane people that had a choice between voting for Bubbette! or voting for Satan would vote for Satan as the lesser of two evils.

Just like Trump is pretty much the ONLY candidate she would beat,which is why I am still convinced she hired him to run.

The wall!.. The wall!...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 05:02:48 am »
@Emjay

That's a somewhat popular position here but it does not fit anything we know about Trump.  He is a total egoist who would never serve as a stalking horse.

What I do believe is possible is that Bill Clinton somehow flattered Trump and made him think he could win.  It's easy to flatter Trump into doing something.  That's one reason he is so dangerous.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 05:06:44 am »

Sorry. That was me. I'll clean out my locker and leave.

Offline DB

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 05:16:49 am »
That's a somewhat popular position here but it does not fit anything we know about Trump.  He is a total egoist who would never serve as a stalking horse.

What I do believe is possible is that Bill Clinton somehow flattered Trump and made him think he could win.  It's easy to flatter Trump into doing something.  That's one reason he is so dangerous.

I agree. Bill could have played to Trump's ego to goad him into running knowing it could rip the GOP apart. If that's what happened it went better than his wildest dreams. And that would mean those who did the damage following Trump clearing the way for Hillary were pawned by their arch enemy like fools... Amazing...

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 01:04:19 pm »

President Obama won the state twice — the last time, in 2012, by nearly 4 percent.

No way Hillary beats 0bama's 2012 performance.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 04:13:57 pm »

Many many many on the fed pay roll in northern VA.  They know Hilary will keep buttering their bread.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 04:21:38 pm »

He would if he got big tax breaks and loosened regs for his businesses. Or a pardon if the Epstein thing proves true. Because if anyone has his number on that front, It's named Clinton.

For sure he'd never do it out of goodness of heart.

HonestJohn

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 04:31:41 pm »
No way Hillary beats 0bama's 2012 performance.

Look at who she's running against.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 05:14:27 pm »
He would if he got big tax breaks and loosened regs for his businesses. Or a pardon if the Epstein thing proves true. Because if anyone has his number on that front, It's named Clinton.

For sure he'd never do it out of goodness of heart.

@Emjay   @Norm Lenhart

Exactly. The Orange Gas Bag does nothing if there is no profit in it for him because not getting paid to do it would lessen the ego boost.

The thing is that it is always dangerous to play with the mentally unbalanced,and it now appears that Donald Little Hands has the reigns in his teeth,and his ego is telling him "Go,go,GO! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN WIN!"

The one thing he fears more than death itself is losing in public in such a way that he can't lie his way out of it. In HIS diseased mind,there are two types of people in the world,winners and losers,and The Donald is a winner. IF someone can convince him he has no chance of winning,he will declare victory and drop out of the race to spend the rest of his life bragging about how "I COULD have been the President if the US if I had really wanted the job,but I decided it was beneath me,so I dropped out." That is the one thing that tells me this might not be over yet. My initial stated opinion was that he would drop out right before the election after it was too late for the RNC to get a replacement candidate,and that might still be in play. After all,who can force him to run against his will,and if he quits he didn't lose,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!