Author Topic: UK: SAS soldier 'investigated for Iraq War mercy killing'  (Read 352 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
UK: SAS soldier 'investigated for Iraq War mercy killing'
« on: October 16, 2016, 12:00:23 pm »
SAS soldier 'investigated for Iraq War mercy killing'

A former SAS sergeant has said he is being investigated for murder after admitting he shot dead enemy fighters in what he called a "mercy killing".

Colin Maclachlan, 42, from Edinburgh, wrote about how he had killed "two or three" mortally wounded enemy soldiers in Iraq in 2003 in a new book.

Killing mortally wounded soldiers is against British military law and the Geneva Convention.

The MoD would not comment on the reported military police inquiry.
'Pleading'

Sgt Maclachlan said the killings took place on the Syrian border in March 2003, where an SAS squad fired rockets at enemy units. After the attack Mr Maclachlan discovered two Iraqi soldiers who had been disembowelled and another that had lost three limbs.

Read More At: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37670794

First off, he shouldn't have written these things, 2nd off,

"Sgt Maclachlan said the killings took place on the Syrian border in March 2003, where an SAS squad fired rockets at enemy units."

The terrorists may well have been attacking from Syria, lending credence that the Assad Government back then, allowed attackers to be on their soil; the same people, they now, supposedly fight.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
Re: UK: SAS soldier 'investigated for Iraq War mercy killing'
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:05:23 pm »
First off, he shouldn't have written these things, 2nd off,

"Sgt Maclachlan said the killings took place on the Syrian border in March 2003, where an SAS squad fired rockets at enemy units."

The terrorists may well have been attacking from Syria, lending credence that the Assad Government back then, allowed attackers to be on their soil; the same people, they now, supposedly fight.

I agree with you that, if this is true, he shouldn't have written about it.  I think it'll be hard to prosecute unless there's other evidence, but still, why write about it?
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.