Author Topic: Bigotry Unmasked: The Clinton Campaign’s Secret Emails - Pat Buchanan  (Read 709 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bigotry Unmasked: The Clinton Campaign’s Secret Emails

by Patrick J. Buchanan

clintonWill Hillary Clinton clean out the nest of anti-Catholic bigots in her inner circle? Or is anti-Catholicism acceptable in her crowd?

In a 2011 email on which Clinton campaign chief John Podesta was copied, John Halpin, a fellow at the Center for American Progress that Mr. Podesta founded, trashed Rupert Murdoch for raising his kids in a misogynist religion. The most “powerful elements” in the conservative movement are Catholic, railed Mr. Halpin: “It’s an amazing bastardization of the faith. They must be attracted to the systematic thought and severely backward gender relations…”

Clinton spokesperson Jennifer Palmieri agreed: “I imagine they think it is the most socially acceptable politically conservative religion. Their rich friends wouldn’t understand if they become evangelical.” “Excellent point,” replied Mr. Halpin. “They can throw around ‘Thomistic’ thought and ‘subsidiarity’ and sound sophisticated because no one knows what the hell they are talking about.”

What the pair is mocking here are both the faith decisions of the Murdoch family and traditional Catholic beliefs and social teaching. This is a pristine example of the anti-Catholicism that historian Arthur Schlesinger Sr., called “the deepest-held bias in the history of the American people.”

Read More At: http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2016/10/bigotry-hillary-clinton-emails-pat-buchanan.html

Really curious how some people who crow about bigotry, are so quiet on this issue; but surely, they'll have some left wing source to echo their views and claim to be conservative.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Bigotry Unmasked: The Clinton Campaign’s Secret Emails - Pat Buchanan
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 03:36:44 am »
Later in the interview, Trump offers a blunt assessment of Pope Benedict XVI, who was about to resign his office.

“He should just give up and die. He looks so bad,” Trump says.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/14/new-clips-show-trump-talking-about-sex-rating-womens-bodies-reminiscing-about-infidelity-on-howard-stern-show/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 03:47:07 am »
All I know is, Benedict is a heck of a lot better than what they've got now.

I'm "they" and I disagree with you.   Francis is a breath of fresh air for Catholicism.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 02:29:47 pm »
Buchanan's right, I will criticize Clinton Kaine, the anti-Christian ticket; others can do whatever they care to.