Author Topic: Kansas: Militia members arrested in alleged plot targeting Muslims - CBS  (Read 995 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Militia members arrested in alleged plot targeting Muslims

Last Updated Oct 14, 2016 11:20 PM EDT

WICHITA, Kan. Three members of a Kansas militia group were charged Friday with plotting to bomb an apartment complex that’s home to Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City, a thwarted attack prosecutors say was planned for the day after the November election.

Patrick Stein  was one of three men arrested Oct. 14, 2016 in an alleged plot targeting Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City.
Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office

The arrests were the culmination of an eight-month FBI investigation that took agents “deep into a hidden culture of hatred and violence,” Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said.

A complaint unsealed Friday charges Curtis Wayne Allen, 49; Patrick Eugene Stein, 47; and Gavin Wayne Wright, 49, with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. Their first court appearance is Monday.

All three men are currently in the Sedgwick County jail on one count of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction, reports CBS affiliate KWCH.

Read More At: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/militia-members-arrested-mosque-attack-plot/

Offline dfwgator

Re: Kansas: Militia members arrested in alleged plot targeting Muslims - CBS
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 06:48:27 am »
The timing is suspicious.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 05:33:07 pm »
For their defense, these men may well bring up possible "entrapment"; that seems to happen in FBI cases,

This story is now being reported, I saw it on Fox this morning. We will see what happens.

It's a bit interesting that this news comes out of the Jayhawker state with their history.

I read probably 9 months ago, how a small Kansas town, didn't want a meat packing plant because it would attract migrants, I guess Muslim refugees, this must be the town, it's pretty small from what I understand.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 12:30:41 am »
I read probably 9 months ago, how a small Kansas town, didn't want a meat packing plant because it would attract migrants, I guess Muslim refugees, this must be the town, it's pretty small from what I understand.

You thinking of this story? Nebraska, not Kansas though....

http://www.centralmnteaparty.net/blog/2016/05/03/small-ne-town-refuses-poultry-processing-and-immigrants/

I just happened to remember enough about it for a decent search string.  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:31:23 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 02:41:38 am »
The terrorist group reportedly had “sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim, and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs.”

Ryan J. Reilly 
Christopher Mathias
10/14/2016

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/militia-terror-plot-fbi-kansas_us_58014995e4b0162c043c1e90

WASHINGTON ― Three Kansas men who were allegedly part of a domestic terrorist group called “the Crusaders” were arrested by the FBI on Friday, charged with plotting to carry out an attack on Muslims living in the state.

The men are identified as Patrick Stein, Gavin Wright and Curtis Allen, and are all in their late 40s. They belonged to a group that espoused “sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim, and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs,” according to an FBI agent’s affidavit, and allegedly plotted to attack Muslim immigrants, focusing on an apartment complex in Garden City, Kansas.

According to the Department of Justice, the trio allegedly stockpiled firearms, ammunition and explosive materials, and discussed parking four vehicles filled with explosives at the four corners of the apartment complex in order to set off a massive explosion.

The attack, which the men allegedly said would “wake people up,” was planned for Nov. 9, one day after the presidential election, according to the DOJ.

The FBI had been investigating Stein, Wright and Allen since February and documented their violent rhetoric, excerpts of which appear uncensored below.

Stein allegedly said that “the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim” and that he would “enjoy” shooting Muslims’ heads. “When we go on operations, there’s no leaving anyone behind, even if it’s a one-year-old, I’m serious. I guarantee, if I go on a mission, those little bleep are going bye-bye,” he said, according to the FBI.

(more at link)

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 02:49:33 am »
I just noticed that this is a duplicate of the article found here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,229772.msg921185.html

Can this be merged?

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 04:07:46 am »
Ahh, sounds like some true-blue loyal Trump voters.