Author Topic: Trump Details Student Loan Policies, 15 Year Forgiveness Program  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump Details Student Loan Policies, 15 Year Forgiveness Program
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 06:17:35 pm »
I could almost  get behind a plan like this if the next clause said "and, the Federal Government will never again exceed its authority by lending taxpayers' money out".

Offline rodamala

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 06:19:24 pm »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 06:21:32 pm »
Remember that Obama fan who in 2008 was psyched that she wouldn't have to pay her bills anymore because Obama would be President?

Wonder how she's doing?

Offline rodamala

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 06:23:30 pm »
My parents didn't have to pay for a dime of my college, both undergrad and masters. I had a 4 year ROTC scholarship, and I earned my masters while in the Army. I paid for my room and board via my summer job, two summers as a firefighter for the CA Div of Forestry.

My wife worked through college, and we met when she started working in my section at Fort Bliss.

We helped our daughter through college, though not all of it. My oldest son was never the studious type, and he never got past his associate's degree, though he's going back to school next month.

I'm down to my 14 YO son, who makes noises about a goal to attend a service academy. Based on his recent (lack of) performance, I think he needs a reminder. We have sufficient assets to cover the costs at most colleges, but he's going to have to earn it.

I'm also making plans for my 6 YO grandson, who is a really sharp kid. I just hope I'm around long enough to see those plans through.

There's an attitude that I've been rebelling against, these extracurricular booster clubs that expect a blank check on your wallet and your time. And if you don't give them those blank checks, you obviously are a bad parent. I've seen that as well with teachers over the past ten years...no wonder there are so many snowflakes out there.

The little darlings I see need to get a taste of real life, i.e. how to get up after being knocked down, without mommy & daddy to clean up your mess.

I had all college prep in HS, chose to go heavy on sciences because I could.  After HS I went to work on the track gang, putting in RR ties by hand, saving every penny I could.  5 years later I was accepted into engineering school, and paid my way through... the. whole. way.  I didn't even fill out a FASFA form.

Sucks to be me, huh?  I guess I better get my head right and get on the entitlement train.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 06:25:09 pm »
Remember that Obama fan who in 2008 was psyched that she wouldn't have to pay her bills anymore because Obama would be President?

Wonder how she's doing?

Peggy Joseph was interviewed a couple of years ago, and is apparently doing well, on her own without any assistance from Obama. She said she had just been caught up in the excitement of the moment.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

geronl

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 07:13:35 pm »
Forgiveness= Taxpayers get shafted again and again

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 07:19:55 pm »
What's next?
A raise in the minimum wage?
Government paid maternity leave?

Oh yeah, he's already proposed those things..........

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 07:32:08 pm »
So either way no matter who gets elected we're going to have at least 4 more years of Obama's policies to deal with.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 07:33:24 pm »
So either way no matter who gets elected we're going to have at least 4 more years of Obama's policies to deal with.

All things considered, Obama has been VERY VERY lucky.   That luck is about to run out, on whomever is in the White House next.  Let it be a Rat. Let them own the collapse.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 07:37:22 pm »

Wonder how she's doing?

Oh, you'll love the follow up to that story.

Infamous ‘Obama will pay my gas & mortgage’ groupie: ‘He lied about everything

Well, six years later, filmmaker Joel Gilbert tracked down the woman, Peggy Joseph, who has had a complete change of heart.

“He lied about everything,” she said of now President Obama.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/07/15/infamous-obama-will-pay-my-gas-mortgage-groupie-he-lied-about-everything-131956#ixzz4N5e07sdL

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/07/15/infamous-obama-will-pay-my-gas-mortgage-groupie-he-lied-about-everything-131956

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 07:38:58 pm »

Unless people quit playing the games and doing what the politicians tell them and vote their values instead of being manipulated. Considering that 60+% of the public doesn't like either candidate, if people on both sides didn't play the 'lesser of two evils' game, neither would stand a chance.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 07:40:17 pm »
All things considered, Obama has been VERY VERY lucky.   That luck is about to run out, on whomever is in the White House next.  Let it be a Rat. Let them own the collapse.

If you haven't already, watch The Big Short (or read the book). Those events from 8 to 10 years ago are repeating themselves.

For example, a recent story from USA Today reported "Aug 26, 2016 - The percentage of people who qualified for subprime (FICO score of 600 or lower) auto loans but are 60 days or more behind on payments reached 4.59% in July, a 17% increase from a year earlier, according to Fitch Ratings."

The Fed can't keep rates near zero forever.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

geronl

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 07:41:19 pm »

Obama is a slacker. Trump has damaged the conservative movement and GOP many times more than he has, and in a fraction of the time. He's getting outdone by a 70-year old orange dude.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 07:50:49 pm »
Obama is a slacker. Trump has damaged the conservative movement and GOP many times more than he has, and in a fraction of the time. He's getting outdone by a 70-year old orange dude.

GOP's demise was self inflicted IMO. The midterm victories of 2014 & 2016 were squandered, and paved the way for the ascendancy of Trump. McConnell and Boehner fought conservatives far more aggressively than they battled Obama.

Paul Ryan is not the leader to lead them out of the wilderness. Pray tell, who is? As intelligent as Ted Cruz is, his delivery on the stump does not appeal to the average American. My vote goes to Dave Brat: everytime I've seen/heard him on TV, he's able to explain things in a common sense way, as one would expect of an economics professor.