Author Topic: Donald Trump Called Deaf ‘Apprentice’ Marlee Matlin ‘Retarded  (Read 1798 times)

Offline sinkspur

Donald Trump Called Deaf ‘Apprentice’ Marlee Matlin ‘Retarded’

The Republican presidential nominee has a long history of demeaning women and people with disabilities. But even for The Donald, this is sick.

10.13.16 7:00 PM ET

Just in case you thought Donald Trump was insufficiently awful: He repeatedly called a deaf actress “retarded,” three sources tell The Daily Beast.

Trump, who was accused on Wednesday of making sexual comments to Marlee Matlin, an Oscar-winning actress who once competed on Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice, also apparently had a habit of insulting, mimicking, and demeaning as mentally handicapped his star female contestant—all because she was deaf.

In 2011, Matlin, who is still the only deaf actor or actress to win an Academy Award for best actress, appeared on Trump’s NBC reality-TV series. By the end of the season, she had come in second place and earned her fair share of compliments from Trump in the aired footage. But according to three longtime staffers who worked on Matlin’s season of Celebrity Apprentice, Trump would regularly disrespect the actress and would even treat her as if she were mentally disabled.

Sometimes the insults would be behind her back; other times they would be right in front of her.

Due to extensive non-disclosure agreements signed by members involved with the production, every one of the sources asked to be quoted anonymously for fear of legal retribution.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/13/donald-trump-called-deaf-apprentice-marlee-matlin-retarded.html

EXCERPTED BY MOD1
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:36:21 am by Mod1 »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Donald Trump Called Deaf ‘Apprentice’ Marlee Matlin ‘Retarded
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 12:24:25 am »
Honestly, who cares. Donny hates these people. We know it. So does Hitlary.

This doesn't move the needle an inch, and actually might move things in Donny's favor. People hate pile on and all these unsubstantiated stories that add up to no provable facts.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:25:22 am »
For all the suffering and psychological pain this sonofabitch has inflicted on other people, it is just and fitting that he is on his way to being humiliated on a WORLD stage and will be labeled the very thing he hates the most:

A Loser.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 12:25:59 am »
Needs a link.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 12:28:19 am »
Anyone remember Obama making fun of the Special Olympics in 2009?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 12:30:49 am »
This is getting silly.

Can't we talk about the issues?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 12:33:43 am »
And Hillary didn't want to do a public appearance with handicapped children, calling them "retards." Yeah, we've pretty much established they're both uncouth, hateful, disgusting people. Which one will destroy this nation?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 12:37:33 am »
This is getting silly.

Are you insane?  That ship has sailed.   This isn't about issues anymore.   Give Trump a Kotex.  He has  28 days till his campaign gets a period.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 12:40:15 am »
Honestly, who cares. Donny hates these people. We know it. So does Hitlary.

This doesn't move the needle an inch, and actually might move things in Donny's favor. People hate pile on and all these unsubstantiated stories that add up to no provable facts.

Ditto..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 12:41:47 am »
"Retarded?" 

What's "retarded" is a nation of 315 million people that can't do better than Trump and Clinton for nominees for the highest office in the land.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 12:42:12 am »
This is getting silly.

I agree... I am already sick of it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 12:46:05 am »

Stop. 
Trump has issues and we are discussing them. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 01:46:09 pm »
We all are. But unfortunately with candidates like Trump and Clinton, this stuff is all we will get. Neither of them are qualified to wipe without assistance so really, what would be the point even if we did talk about the issues? "We" meaning America as a whole and the MSM.

Trump would go on about nuking whoever and Hillary will claim fracking in Ohio is whi ISIS rapes girls in Africa.

They arent smart enough to discuss the issues and their voters arent smart enough to elect people that ARE smart enough to talk about the issues.

Myst, the best thing America can hope for is a miracle because this is a writeoff. All we can do is start NOW getting actual conservatives on one page and do what we can to lead others until the better part of history repeats and the right actual leader heeds the call.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 01:46:53 pm »
Well said, Norm.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 01:48:21 pm »
Well said, Norm.

Dittos.

Sorry, best I can do for a Friday morning.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 03:43:40 pm »
This is getting silly.

@skeeter

If we cared to talk about the issues, Ted Cruz would be our nominee right now.

Nope - most cared to talk about hollow platitudes and sling mud. So here we are. Thank the Trump primary forces who brought us, "The Cuban Mistress Crisis" and "Heidi Cruz is ugly. Just sayin'."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 03:54:50 pm »
"Retarded?" 

What's "retarded" is a nation of 315 million people that can't do better than Trump and Clinton for nominees for the highest office in the land.

And with the Demographic trends in this country, it ain't gonna get any better.  Besides, what sane person would even want the job in the first place?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 05:54:42 pm »
@skeeter

If we cared to talk about the issues, Ted Cruz would be our nominee right now.

Nope - most cared to talk about hollow platitudes and sling mud. So here we are. Thank the Trump primary forces who brought us, "The Cuban Mistress Crisis" and "Heidi Cruz is ugly. Just sayin'."

All that crap aside, the reality is one of these two will be president. Isn't it a good idea to begin considering what might happen in each respective administration? Question directed to no one in particular.

Fully realizing there will be many more similarities than differences. Still, there will be differences.

It is possible that a really sh*tty situation could get worse.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 05:59:51 pm »
All that crap aside, the reality is one of these two will be president. Isn't it a good idea to begin considering what might happen in each respective administration? Question directed to no one in particular.

Fully realizing there will be many more similarities than differences. Still, there will be differences.

It is possible that a really sh*tty situation could get worse.

See, thats the thing. You'll find that most principled conservatives HAVE considered that. Far beyond that actually.

The situation WILL get worse because very few people want it to get better. If they did, they would not cast their vote for the lesser of two morons that even they admit will make it worse. Some people have gotten so comfortable fighting a retreating action that it's to be expected I suppose.

I'm not going to intentionally empower 'worse'. I'm voting for a conservative. People are encouraged to join me. If they don't, then what comes of this election is their own damn fault.

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 07:24:06 pm »
  Besides, what sane person would even want the job in the first place?

That is why we Have Trump.  He failed the sanity test.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 07:29:04 pm »
See, thats the thing. You'll find that most principled conservatives HAVE considered that. Far beyond that actually.

The situation WILL get worse because very few people want it to get better. If they did, they would not cast their vote for the lesser of two morons that even they admit will make it worse. Some people have gotten so comfortable fighting a retreating action that it's to be expected I suppose.

I'm not going to intentionally empower 'worse'. I'm voting for a conservative. People are encouraged to join me. If they don't, then what comes of this election is their own damn fault.

I understand the theory Norm.

I just can't see how it plays out to our benefit - ever. The racket will just go on without us.

It could be there just aren't enough who think like us to make a difference as I had once thought. And if thats the truth then the inevitable result will be the wheels come off regardless of what we conservatives want, or do. In the meantime the best we can do is try to stop the leaks as best as possible. Maybe we can wring a few more good years out of this system.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:31:23 pm by skeeter »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 07:31:29 pm »

I'm not going to intentionally empower 'worse'. I'm voting for a conservative. 
Where is this conservative of which you speak?  Johnson?  Yeah, right.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:31:53 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 07:35:44 pm »
Where is this conservative of which you speak?  Johnson?  Yeah, right.

Castle so far. I might write in. He's not my cup of tea but at least he shares most beliefs right of Trump. There is nothing I'm currently aware of with him that is a 100% no go for me. If one pops up, then write in it is. No remorse, no regrets.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 07:41:07 pm »
I understand the theory Norm.

I just can't see how it plays out to our benefit - ever. The racket will just go on without us.

It could be there just aren't enough who think like us to make a difference as I had once thought. And if thats the truth then the inevitable result will be the wheels come off regardless of what we conservatives want, or do. In the meantime the best we can do is try to stop the leaks as best as possible. Maybe we can wring a few more good years out of this system.

I don't think it's salvageable but I'll go down voting for what I believe in. Ultimately, if we vote for the Trumps of the right, we move left. Doesn't matter how long we kick the can. There are no good years under a liberal.

You are right. I thought there were more decent people left in the country too. But there arent. So we do what we can and let the cards fall where they may. By voting for a conservative, ANY conservative, I will not be responsible for empowering a liberal. Nor will I be responsible for those that cut America's throat doing it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 08:07:44 pm »
I don't think it's salvageable but I'll go down voting for what I believe in. Ultimately, if we vote for the Trumps of the right, we move left. Doesn't matter how long we kick the can. There are no good years under a liberal.

You are right. I thought there were more decent people left in the country too. But there arent. So we do what we can and let the cards fall where they may. By voting for a conservative, ANY conservative, I will not be responsible for empowering a liberal. Nor will I be responsible for those that cut America's throat doing it.

I totally understand and respect your POV.