Author Topic: ‘Vast majority’ of career FBI agents felt Hillary Clinton should be prosecuted; "Comey has singlehandedly ruined the reputation of the organization"  (Read 450 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/12/vast-majority-career-fbi-agents-felt-hillary-clinton-prosecuted/

BY JOHN SEXTON

According to a source inside the FBI, the “vast majority” of career agents and prosecutors who investigated the Clinton email case believed she should be prosecuted. From Fox News:

“No trial level attorney agreed, no agent working the case agreed, with the decision not to prosecute — it was a top-down decision,” said the source, whose identity and role in the case has been verified by FoxNews.com.

A high-ranking FBI official told Fox News that while it might not have been a unanimous decision, “It was unanimous that we all wanted her [Clinton’s] security clearance yanked.”

“It is safe to say the vast majority felt she should be prosecuted,” the senior FBI official told Fox News. “We were floored while listening to the FBI briefing because Comey laid it all out, and then said ‘but we are doing nothing,’ which made no sense to us.”

The source was also very critical of Director James Comey’s decision to announce that no prosecutor would have taken the case. The FBI’s role is to investigate and provide information. The Department of Justice is assigned the task of deciding what will and will not be prosecuted.

“I know zero prosecutors in the DOJ’s National Security Division who would not have taken the case to a grand jury,” the source tells Fox News. “One was never even convened.”

The Fox News report builds on a New York Post story published last week which also suggested career agents at the FBI were upset with Director Comey:

“In my 25 years with the bureau, I never had any ground rules in my interviews,” said retired agent Dennis V. Hughes, the first chief of the FBI’s computer investigations unit…

“The FBI has politicized itself, and its reputation will suffer for a long time,” Hughes said. “I hold Director Comey responsible.”

Agreed retired FBI agent Michael M. Biasello: “Comey has singlehandedly ruined the reputation of the organization.”

Just last month Director Comey issued a memo defending his decision in the Clinton case. “Despite all the chest-beating by people no longer in government, there really wasn’t a prosecutable case,” Comey wrote. That sort of argument works when you’re talking about people, including retired FBI agents, who no longer have access to all the information in the case. However, the Fox News report suggests that the majority of people who were closest to the facts of the case also disagreed with Comey’s decision. That criticism will be a little harder to ignore.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:19:37 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Then the current agents have a responsibility to quit working for a corrupt org. If they stay, they are enabling more corruption.

Offline dfwgator

That and a nickel buys a nice hot cup of Jack Squat.