Author Topic: Will Evangelical Leaders Now Reject Trump?  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Will Evangelical Leaders Now Reject Trump?
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 04:17:14 am »
Will Evangelical Leaders Now Reject Trump?

Of course they will. They are always men of great character....

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:19:53 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 05:12:09 am »
Will Evangelical Leaders Now Reject Trump?

Of course they will. They are always men of great character....

…Bakker recounted a recent discussion he had with God about the state of the presidential race. God, Bakker said, hinted to him that the polls showing Donald Trump trailing Hillary Clinton are wrong: “I said, ‘God, what’s going on?’ I said, ‘It looks like Trump’s not gonna make it the way it’s going.’ And do you want to know what God said to me? He said, ‘You know, the polls could be wrong.’”

Bakker reported that God told him that Trump voters live in fear of anti-Trump “hatemongers” and as a result are reluctant to express their support for the GOP presidential nominee to pollsters.

http://www.alan.com/2016/09/15/jim-bakker-says-god-told-him-not-to-believe-the-polls-showing-trump-losing/

Jim Bakker: A Clinton Presidency Would Be God's Judgement On America

Televangelist Jim Bakker has asserted his belief that Hillary being elected to the White House would be God's judgment on America for its sinful ways. "God says, ‘I’m God and if I choose Trump he’ll be elected and if I choose Hillary - ’ and I’ll tell you what, God could allow Hillary to be elected because God sends judgment to a nation by giving them what the Bible says is immature leadership,” Bakker said on The Jim Bakker Show.

Bakker added that “without a miracle in America,” Donald Trump is “going to be the closest thing probably to a Christian that America would ever elect. It’s over, people.” Watch Bakker speaking below.

https://hellochristian.com/4470-jim-bakker-a-clinton-presidency-would-be-gods-judgement-on-america

He [God] said, ‘The people are in fear in this country, the church is in fear’ and he said, ‘They’re afraid to even say that they’re voting for Trump. They don’t want to tell anybody. They’re afraid’.
Donald Trump fans are afraid to say they’re on his side because they are in fear of the hatemongers, they’re afraid for their lives.

Hurry!  Send money fast before its too late!!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 05:20:21 am »
Hurry!  Send money fast before its too late!!

The two things that shocked me most when digging for the Jim and Tammy pics was A) Jim is still alive and B) He is still doing his shtick. I guess the third would be that he is a Trumpette, but that kinda fits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nleTt1CiS70

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 05:23:01 am »
So it is more virtuous to let someone who actually endorses public financing of abortions win?

Trump supports public financing of abortion providers without having to say that he supports public financing of abortion.  At least Hillary is honest about it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 01:06:39 pm »
B) He is still doing his shtick.

He's been doing it for years.  It's really quite disappointing that people still follow him and buy his wares.  He's really just a carnival barker much like Trump® and Alex Jones.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 12:42:09 pm »
This seemed as good a place as any to post this commentary by Max Lucado (excerpted, of course; go to link for the whole thing):
We are really ready for this presidential election to be over. We’re ready for an end to the rancor and tackiness. Voters on both sides feel frustrated, even embarrassed by it all. There is a visceral fear, an angst about the result. What if so and so wins? When we wake up to November 9, post-election, when the confetti is swept away and the election is finally over, what will we see?

I have a prediction. I know exactly what November 9 will bring. Another day of God’s perfect sovereignty. He will still be in charge. His throne will still be occupied. He will still manage the affairs of the world. Never before has His providence depended on a king, president, or ruler. And it won’t on November 9, 2016. “The LORD can control a king’s mind as he controls a river; he can direct it as he pleases” (Proverbs 21:1 NCV).  ...

Imitate Jeremiah. Lift up your eyes. Dare to believe that good things will happen. Dare to believe that God was speaking to us when he said: “In everything God works for the good of those who love him” (Romans 8:28). ...

Circle November 9 on your calendar and write upon it the words:  Our good God rules the world.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 03:12:23 pm »
The two things that shocked me most when digging for the Jim and Tammy pics was A) Jim is still alive and B) He is still doing his shtick. I guess the third would be that he is a Trumpette, but that kinda fits.

Jim Baker alive - Sam Kinneson dead.

Clearly there is no justice in the world. But for anyone not offended by raw humor, Ol' Sammie had a great skit on Bakker.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 10:56:53 am »
Bump for quotes and posts.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.