Author Topic: Donald Trump took digs at Jon Huntsman's Mormon faith during 2011 spat  (Read 1495 times)

HonestJohn

By Andrew Kaczynski, CNN
October 12, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/politics/trump-huntsman-mormon-attack/

(CNN)On four separate instances in 2011, Donald Trump took swipes at former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman's Mormon faith during a spat between the two, according to a CNN review of Trump's public statements at the time.

Trump has struggled with Mormon voters this year, and a new "Deseret News" poll showed Trump and Hillary Clinton tied in the state at 26% with independent conservative candidate Evan McMullin trailing closely.

In 2011, when Huntsman was a Republican candidate for president, Trump insisted that Huntsman requested a meeting with him but that he declined the request. Huntsman said he never asked to meet Trump, but it was actually Trump who asked him to meet with him at Trump Tower.

Huntsman had declined to participate in a planned presidential debate hosted by Donald Trump that year. The debate was eventually cancelled.

Trump suggested repeatedly Huntsman could be lying, and took a shot at his faith.

"And the other thing is Governor Huntsman called my office asking for a meeting and I didn't call him back, which I could have and should have," Trump said to Fox News in early December 2011. "But he called my office asking for a meeting, and I'm sure, being a Mormon, he will absolutely confirm that. So that's one of those things."

(more at link)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Donald Trump took digs at Jon Huntsman's Mormon faith during 2011 spat
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:53:50 pm »
' So, you know, I'm sure he'll tell the truth about that, because he's a Mormon."

This seems to be the only quibble Trump said, because he's a Mormon, I'm sure he'll tell the truth. Wow, what libel and slander.

Sometimes folks will say "I know that he being a Christian, he won't lie".

CNN is really digging at the bottom of the barrel on this. Just mentioning he's a Mormon is wrong? I thought we were going to read some sort of inflammatory attack on Mormonism.

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 09:56:54 pm »
' So, you know, I'm sure he'll tell the truth about that, because he's a Mormon."

This seems to be the only quibble Trump said, because he's a Mormon, I'm sure he'll tell the truth. Wow, what libel and slander.

Sometimes folks will say "I know that he being a Christian, he won't lie".

CNN is really digging at the bottom of the barrel on this. Just mentioning he's a Mormon is wrong? I thought we were going to read some sort of inflammatory attack on Mormonism.

You keep telling yourself that.

Now, on the other hand... it looks like Mormons don't share your view.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,229356.0.html

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 09:59:16 pm »
Just two days ago, Trump lapdog Ann Coulter was Mormon-bashing a Trump critic who got a DUI arrest.

You bet there's an anti-Mormon vein in Trumpism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 10:02:34 pm »
Just two days ago, Trump lapdog Ann Coulter was Mormon-bashing a Trump critic who got a DUI arrest.

And anti-Hispanic, anti-Black, anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, anti-Chinese, etc, etc, etc.

The only people Trumpists are for... are WASPs.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 10:18:24 pm »
@HonestJohn

The point that is inevitable (happens over and over) is this:

He attacks every person with whom he comes into contact.  This particular attack is from 2011 and you can go back to his many years before this one and find he has been attacking since he was in the fifth grade.   In the fifth grade it was physical - he physically attacked his music teacher.  His father said he was a difficult child and that is why the father says he sent him away to military school - to try to change his behavior. 

He changed his behavior from physically attacking to verbally and financially attacking everyone.  He will attack this country drive it in the ground if he can get himself elected president.  He has not changed since the fifth grade - that was the true Trump and is still the true Trump, only his attack method changed - not him.  Hopefully, he, himself, will be the biggest loser in his life in November.

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 10:22:26 pm »
@HonestJohn

The point that is inevitable (happens over and over) is this:

He attacks every person with whom he comes into contact.  This particular attack is from 2011 and you can go back to his many years before this one and find he has been attacking since he was in the fifth grade.   In the fifth grade it was physical - he physically attacked his music teacher.  His father said he was a difficult child and that is why the father says he sent him away to military school - to try to change his behavior. 

He changed his behavior from physically attacking to verbally and financially attacking everyone.  He will attack this country drive it in the ground if he can get himself elected president.  He has not changed since the fifth grade - that was the true Trump and is still the true Trump, only his attack method changed - not him.  Hopefully, he, himself, will be the biggest loser in his life in November.

In other words, he's been a jihadist since he was a child.

:osama:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:24:04 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »
In other words, he's been a jihadist since he was a child.

:silly:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 10:31:09 pm »

Now I know why people at TOS likes him..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 10:37:48 pm »
We all know very well what is at the bottom of the barrel..........itsy bitsy himself.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 10:46:24 pm »
What's Trump's freeper name?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 10:49:59 pm »
What's Trump's freeper name?

Jim Robinson?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 01:47:41 am »
And anti-Hispanic, anti-Black, anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, anti-Chinese, etc, etc, etc.

The only people Trumpists are for... are WASPs.

" Bless this ship, and all who sail on her. I christen thee The Flying W.A.S.P."

-Donald Trump

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 01:49:21 am »
" Bless this ship, and all who sail on her. I christen thee The Flying W.A.S.P."

-Donald Trump
Do you think Trump actually uses the word Thee?

More like "This is the biggest, yugest and best ship you've ever seen. It's unsinkable and has every luxury you can imagine. Trust me. I call it the Flying WASP"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 04:48:15 am »
He's already on the verge of losing Utah