Author Topic: Donald Trump warns that ‘other communities’ are poised to steal the election  (Read 690 times)

HonestJohn

By Philip Bump
October 11

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/11/donald-trump-warns-that-other-communities-are-poised-to-steal-the-election/

Donald Trump said at least two untrue things in Pennsylvania on Monday. The first was that he would bring back steel manufacturing. The second was that the election was at risk of being stolen by people in “other communities” — specifically, Philadelphia. Trump was making the same claim, really, through two lenses: Everything and everyone is working against him and his supporters.

His comments about alleged wide-scale voter fraud on Monday — comments which, we cannot emphasize frequently enough, are not supported by any evidence — were direct in their implications. In the past, he's said that “certain sections” of the state might commit fraud to swing the results, an obvious reference to long-simmering (and long-debunked) rumors about voter fraud in Philadelphia. On Monday, he simply said it.

“So important that you get out and vote. So important that you watch other communities, because we don't want this election stolen from us,” Trump said in Ambridge, Pa., northwest of Pittsburgh. “We don't want this election stolen from us. We do not want this election stolen.”

Later, he spoke from Wilkes-Barre. CBS's Sopan Deb transcribed:

Honestly, folks, you know I went to school in Philadelphia and I love Philadelphia. I love Philadelphia and I hope we're going to do great in Philadelphia. I went to school there. I love the school. I loved everything but I just hear such reports about Philadelphia. And we have to make sure we're protected. We have to make sure the people of Philadelphia are protected that the vote counts are 100 percent. Everybody wants that, but I hear these horror shows. I hear these horror shows and we have to make sure that this election is not stolen from us and is not taken away from us. And everybody knows what I'm talking about.

If anybody doesn't know what he's talking about, we wrote about it when Trump first raised the subject in August. Four years ago, a number of precincts around Philadelphia recorded no votes for Mitt Romney. The places where that happened were, in the words of the Philadelphia Inquirer “clustered in almost exclusively black sections of West and North Philadelphia" — places where most of the residents were members of one of President Obama's most loyal voting constituencies. (Nonwhite voters in Pennsylvania prefer Hillary Clinton by 56 points in a recent poll from Franklin & Marshall College.)

“Other communities” is probably not an intentional phrase from Trump, but it's a loaded one. Those other people. Ambridge and Wilkes-Barre are both three-quarters white. Most of the crowd at both rallies was also white. It was the other communities where there was a problem. Communities that happen to be mostly black. Those communities are going to steal the election from “us.”

(more at link)

Offline sinkspur

Racism. 

I thought the Trump humpers said there wasn't a racist bone in his body.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

If saying the wrong words and doing the wrong thing during a presidential campaign was an art,Trump would be Rembrandt
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:35:25 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

HonestJohn

This article ties in with the one posted here, about one of his supporters being ready for a revolution if Trump loses:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,229323.0.html

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Racism. 

I thought the Trump humpers said there wasn't a racist bone in his body.

Racism.  Fascism.  Xenophobia.  It's all there with Trump.   

And it'll all be synonymous with "conservatism" unless we step up and stop it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Make America WASP again!!!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Philadelphia?

You mean that city where New Black Panthers carrying truncheons outside of a voting precincts had charges brought against them, only to be later dropped by the Dept. of Justice?

Why, what could ever go wrong there?

Offline musiclady

If saying the wrong words and doing the wrong thing during a presidential campaign was an art,Trump would be Rembrandt

Unless it's deliberate..........  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

How do we stop it?

The brain dead screamers are all on the other side of the argument..

How do rational voices overcome this din of idiocy??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

Trump, the ideology behind him, and his die-hard supporters must be excised from any conservative party if it wants to have a chance at remaining a national party.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A story just came out on more voting fraud in Colorado.

Thanks to the WaPo for assuring us, it doesn't happen.