Author Topic: Pentagon weighing retaliation after missiles fired at destroyer  (Read 515 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon weighing retaliation after missiles fired at destroyer
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:55:45 am »
Pentagon weighing retaliation after missiles fired at destroyer
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookShare to Google+Share to TwitterShare to LinkedIn12

The guided-missile destroyer USS Mason (DDG 87) conducts formation exercises with the Cyclone-class patrol crafts USS Tempest and USS Squall.
Photo: Petty Officer 3rd Class Janweb Marcyn Lagazo

By Kristina Wong - 10/11/16 12:05 PM EDT

The Department of Defense is looking at retaliatory measures after two missiles were fired at a U.S. Navy destroyer off the coast of Yemen, a Pentagon spokesman said Tuesday.

"I can tell you those things are things that we're looking at," Navy Capt. Jeff Davis told reporters. 

"We want very much to get to the bottom of what happened. We're going to find out who did this, and we'll take action accordingly," Davis said.

Two missiles were fired at the USS Mason, which was in the Red Sea, within a 60-minute time span Sunday evening, U.S. officials said.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/300389-pentagon-considering-retaliatory-measures-after-missiles-fired-at-destroyer
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:57:19 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Pentagon weighing retaliation after missiles fired at destroyer
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 05:38:04 pm »
So we're "weighing retaliation"?

I'm sure that has them shaking in their boots....

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Pentagon weighing retaliation after missiles fired at destroyer
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 08:16:22 pm »
"weighing retaliation"?...well, it happened again, now what?  More wringing of hands and political gesticulating?

DoD: Second Missile Attack on USS Mason Near Yemen

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dod-second-missile-attack-uss-mason-near-yemen-n665286
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.