Author Topic: (Topic Deleted)  (Read 19031 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Election prediction thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 07:19:42 pm »
I think Trump loses by 8.

That being said, if he pulls of fthe miracle and manages to win, I'm breaking out the popcorn and staying up all night to watch the emotional collapse of the MSM, entertainers, etc..  It would be absolutely priceless.

Are you still voting Trump? I was settled on him, but after "Pussygate" I have my doubts.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 07:27:38 pm »
You know where I stand on Trump but I think there is a good chance he can still win.

It isn't because of his true believers or some sort of revolution. It is the pop culture win.

It will be the same mass of voters who dial into American Idle every week. It is the same group of people who give Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore their ratings. It is the same group of people who make Miley Cyrus and Kanye West top selling musicians(sic). It is the same people who think Duck Dynasty and the WWE are real. There are millions of them, and they vote... now they have a recognizable reality star to vote for.

However, what makes this also unpredictable for me is the mass of Republican defections. I didn't expect it at this point from actual elected officials. If we thought the 'grab her kitty' comment was bad, you've yet to see how bad it is really going to get. It will make last Friday look peaceful. Every time one of these come out, more and more people will have a line they just won't cross.

May we live in interesting times.

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 07:30:24 pm »
You know where I stand on Trump but I think there is a good chance he can still win.

It isn't because of his true believers or some sort of revolution. It is the pop culture win.

It will be the same mass of voters who dial into American Idle every week. It is the same group of people who give Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore their ratings. It is the same group of people who make Miley Cyrus and Kanye West top selling musicians(sic). It is the same people who think Duck Dynasty and the WWE are real. There are millions of them, and they vote... now they have a recognizable reality star to vote for.

However, what makes this also unpredictable for me is the mass of Republican defections. I didn't expect it at this point from actual elected officials. If we thought the 'grab her kitty' comment was bad, you've yet to see how bad it is really going to get. It will make last Friday look peaceful. Every time one of these come out, more and more people will have a line they just won't cross.

May we live in interesting times.

One thing that may help Trump is how short people's memories are.

Something big is gonna happen in the next few weeks, and it will take Trump and his idiocy out of the spotlight.

I would say another BLM riot would be enough to do it, or maybe a terrorist attack.

Probably won't be enough for him to win it, but it will improve his poll numbers a bit.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 07:36:50 pm »
I would say another BLM riot would be enough to do it, or maybe a terrorist attack.

Probably won't be enough for him to win it, but it will improve his poll numbers a bit.

A significant drop in the stock market would do it, if it's portrayed as a "crash." 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 07:42:04 pm »

Something big is gonna happen in the next few weeks, and it will take Trump and his idiocy out of the spotlight.

"Nevermind that s__t, here comes Mongo!"

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 07:44:10 pm »
A significant drop in the stock market would do it, if it's portrayed as a "crash."

We won't have a repeat of the 2008 crash until after Inauguration Day.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 09:02:41 pm »
My predictions: Clinton wins, but by a smaller amount (both percentage and electoral vote) than polls currently indicate. I think the GOP keeps the House and Senate, although they will have losses in both (and the Senate may be razor-close). I also think that overall, third parties will receive their largest number of votes (in aggregate) since 1992, and the overall participation of the electorate will be at it's lowest, perhaps in history.
Let it burn.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 11:17:47 pm »
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 11:24:45 pm »
Clinton wins, sweeping swing states
This is a bold one: McMullin picks off Utah, but because Trump doesn't carry enough swing states, the election doesn't go to the House
Johnson might pick off New Mexico, but I won't guarantee it.

House and Senate remain GOP. Republican voters vote downballot but not for Trump. Threat of Trump diehards voting Trump but not downballot will be overblown, as most of his strong points in the primaries were in states where Congressmen endorsed him anyway. Dems might gain in the Senate but I don't think it will be enough.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kjam22

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 11:38:48 pm »
Russia hacks the election tallies in numerous swing states.   King Trumpy wins.  Obama following the lead of cia and homeland security declares election null and void.   Martial law imposed to controll all of the deplorables
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:40:00 pm by kjam22 »
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

geronl

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 05:06:01 am »
Donald J Trump will man a kissing booth at the Fifth Street Elementary School Fair next week

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2016, 11:47:13 am »
<quote>As of right now (Oct-12), 538 is predicting a Hillary blow-out: 341 (Hillary) to 197 (Trump) electoral votes.</quote>

It won't be that close.  Hillary will top 400 EVs.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 01:31:33 am »
Given the news that broke this past Friday, does anyone want to change their prediction(s)?  :pondering:
Let it burn.

• Technical
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2016, 01:33:38 am »
Given the news that broke this past Friday, does anyone want to change their prediction(s)?  :pondering:

Hmph, I was right and didn't even realize it:

Yup, something happened.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 01:34:17 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online corbe

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2016, 01:49:43 am »
Clinton wins, sweeping swing states
This is a bold one: McMullin picks off Utah, but because Trump doesn't carry enough swing states, the election doesn't go to the House
Johnson might pick off New Mexico, but I won't guarantee it.

House and Senate remain GOP. Republican voters vote downballot but not for Trump. Threat of Trump diehards voting Trump but not downballot will be overblown, as most of his strong points in the primaries were in states where Congressmen endorsed him anyway. Dems might gain in the Senate but I don't think it will be enough.

@jmyrlefuller is still right ON!

But @kjam22 has his point's too,

Russia hacks the election tallies in numerous swing states.   King Trumpy wins.  Obama following the lead of cia and homeland security declares election null and void.   Martial law imposed to controll all of the deplorables
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2016, 01:52:05 am »
   @jmyrlefuller is still right ON!

But @kjam22 has his point's too,

12th Amendment scenario is looking more and more... possible. As Hillary gets weaker you could see McMullin take Utah, Johnson take NM, or (I'm told) Bernie could take VT as a write in.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2016, 01:55:04 am »
Hillary still wins, albeit not by a landslide.

Although.........there might be something else coming, given that this is 2016.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2016, 03:08:58 am »
But to win the General he will need to be in the neighborhood of 133 million and it's a tall order considering what has been happening of late, including his war with the GOP.

60 to 65 million

Offline bilo

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2016, 03:13:12 am »
I think Trump is going to win.

The media is trying to downplay the reopened investigation, but the news is leaking out how the DOJ stopped all the investigations and the ongoing wikileaks disclosures just confirm that the clinton cartel is a crime family. A lot of nevertrumpers are going to feel they have no choice but to vote for Trump and the independents will break his way.

I don't know if he has the self control, but all Trump has to do is keeping repeating "hillary is so crooked".

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2016, 03:22:46 am »
I believe through some voting irregularities with the electronic voting machines, Michael Dukakis will win in a landslide.

Online libertybele

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2016, 03:26:18 am »
...hmm... let's see... Hillary is forced to step down leaving the DNC with Kaine as the nominee; those that voted early for Hillary will in essence have voted for Kaine. DEMS will lose interest in voting and McMullin will win Utah and Idaho and Johnson will win NM.  Trump winds up with 255 electoral votes and Kaine winds up with 265 electoral votes turning the election over to the House.  The House selects McMullin as the president.  McMullin will make history by becoming the first president to have won the election by only getting 10 electoral votes and Finn will make history becoming the first female Vice President.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:27:28 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2016, 03:28:59 am »
   I've hoped for weeks that Julian Assange could deliver the knock-out punch to her Campaign, I knew Trump couldn't do it, he's to busy shooting himself in the feet.  Now, they want me to believe Dir. Comey, who has already been a major disappointment, will do the dirty deed, this time.  I'll pass on the invite to that party.

Hillary by 320+ EV we keep the House and if there isn't another jumpin Jeffords we keep the Senate - It will be that Close.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2016, 03:34:41 am »
I don't think the House will choose McMullin.  I think the house will try and please everyone in the Republican Party by choosing Pence.  I don't love Pence, but a lot of people would see him as a good compromise.  Even the Trumpsters might not be too mad.

Still, I think Hillary will win it outright.

I don't think they can select Pence as he is only a running mate.  It is my understanding that the House would have to chose from the 3 candidates with the most electoral votes; which in the scenario is Trump, Kaine or McMullin.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2016, 04:00:11 am »
@libertybele

Here's how.

The House selects the President and the Senate selects the VP.  If the House deadlocks, the VP choice becomes President.

BTW, in the house each state delegation gets one vote.  So it is not purely numbers as with any other vote.  It would depend on which party held the majority delegation in the most states.  If it deadlocks at 25-25, then the Senate VP choice becomes President.

You are wishing for something that is 100% improbable. Trump is the GOP candidate. He is who the GOP controlled House will vote for and no one else.