Author Topic: (Topic Deleted)  (Read 19028 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Election prediction thread
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2016, 03:24:02 pm »
Comparing Hillary to Hitler is absurd - but she sure as hell begs comparison with the secretive, paranoid, obsessed-with-enemies Richard Nixon.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline r9etb

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2016, 03:26:54 pm »

In this election,  the scale is negative.    Hillary is -90% unfit,  and Trump is only -10 -20% unfit.    You keep trying to ignore the fact that one candidate is an @$$hole and the other is a Monster.   

They're both @ssholes and they're both monsters.  And neither of them is remotely fit for the office.  Pretend as you will, but Trump is utterly unfit and has repeatedly shown himself to be unfit.

I want you to be objective,   not stuck on this "both are equally bad."    That is demonstrably not true.

Nah.  You just want me to tell you you're right.  Unfortunately, you're wrong.

There is that false equivalence again.    This predicting the future stuff is a contest of probabilities.    Given the known facts,  the probabilities of various disasters are quite great with Hillary.   (She actually has a large track record of disaster.)   

Pfft.  I'm on record saying Hillary will be a disaster.  The problem is that you keep pretending that Trump is a complete unknown (which makes you pretty gullible).

The probabilities of a disaster also exist with Trump,   but they appear to me to be much smaller than those that exist with Hillary.   For one thing,  he is not going to immediately launch us into a confrontation with Russia over Syria.   

The hell he wouldn't.  Putin would start pushing Trump's buttons on Day 1, as would the Chinese, the Iranians, and whomever else, just waiting for the tweet-storm that is sure to follow.  You can't pretend that Trump would respond to crisis as a responsible adult: he has already demonstrated too clearly and too often that he'll respond with idiocy and bluster -- and that would lead to political chaos in DC, which is just what Putin most wants.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2016, 03:27:10 pm »

My gut has two feeling now:

1) Fear of Trump
2) Anger at liberals and the media.

Whichever wins is how I'll vote. LOL

If you have no fear of Hillary,  you simply do not grasp the nature of the monster with which you are dealing.   

She fired those people,  then accused them of a crime so as to throw attention off of herself.   She pressured the FBI into prosecuting them.   

That is her world view writ on a small scale.   She still has that world view and if she gets a chance to apply it on a large scale,  she will. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2016, 03:28:17 pm »
I see that no one here seems to be making any predictions on this "Election prediction thread", which is somewhat understandable given the current uncertainty, turmoil and closeness of the race.

I'm not prepared to make any final predictions either, but I'll offer this: the race is a hell of a lot closer than you probably think it is. It may not be decided until one or two days before November 8th, or even on that day as large numbers of voters who don't care for either of the main candidates find themselves alone in the voting booth with only their consciences to guide them and the necessity of finally making a choice.   

The fact that the election appears to be close is the biggest problem I have in voting.  If one candidate or the other were running away with the election, I could vote without worrying about the outcome.  For the first time in my life, I'm actually undecided even as the election comes down to the wire.  Not in the choice between Hillary and Trump.  Hillary loses absolutely.  But do I vote for the seriously flawed candidate Trump, or vote to send a message of what a poor candidate he is.

Fortunately I live in Texas, so if my one vote ends up being the deciding factor here, then Trump is already on his way to a +40 state electoral beatdown.

But I'm still trying to find positives about Trump as a human being that would give me a reason to support him.  But his personality/behavior make me cringe.  It's simply not good enough to be "better than Hillary."
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2016, 03:33:20 pm »

And *that*   is the situation we now find ourselves in.   All choices are bad,   but not equally so.

Yeah, but it's like trying to figure out which would feel worse driven through your penis, a nail or a carton staple.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2016, 03:34:16 pm »
Comparing Hillary to Hitler is absurd -

Only if you are ignorant of both Hitler and Hillary.   Their vengeance seeking mindset,  their disregard for any authority but themselves,  their willingness to use force to accomplish their goals and their psychosis on myriad subjects are uncannily similar.   Hillary is a  natural despot.   She will be a Red Queen if she gets her hands on power.   (Did you miss the part about getting that guy arrested for a video?)   

but she sure as hell begs comparison with the secretive, paranoid, obsessed-with-enemies Richard Nixon.

Richard Nixon got a bum rap.   I bet you do not know the history of how and why he became so paranoid.

They really were out to get him. 

No,  Hillary is in a different class from Richard Nixon.   Criminal mindset is inherent in her nature,  and she has long engaged in unethical and criminal behavior.   

Hillary Clinton’s 38-Year History of Sleaze and Corruption
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2016, 03:37:41 pm »

My gut has two feelings now:

1) Fear of Trump
2) Anger at liberals and the media.

Whichever wins is how I'll vote. LOL

At this moment, I honestly have no idea what I am going to do when I close the curtain, other than not voting for Hillary.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline r9etb

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2016, 03:42:23 pm »
At this moment, I honestly have no idea what I am going to do when I close the curtain, other than not voting for Hillary.

My prediction is that Hillary Clinton wins in a landslide, with early voters putting her over the top.  More recent revelations make this a very a low-turnout election.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »
I predict, with 100% certainty, that a New York liberal will win.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2016, 03:50:42 pm »
They're both @ssholes and they're both monsters.

No.   Hillary is a monster,  Trump is an @$$hole.   In order to claim Trump runs in the same league of Monstrosity as does Hillary,   you will have to provide some examples of where he has committed the same sorts of illegal behavior and abuse of government power as she has.   

And neither of them is remotely fit for the office.  Pretend as you will, but Trump is utterly unfit and has repeatedly shown himself to be unfit.

The election of Barack Obama convinced me there is no longer a "fitness" requirement for the office of the Presidency.   And while we are talking about "Fitness",   does no one remember Lyndon Johnson?    I can't think of a boorish characteristic that Trump has, which was not surpassed by LBJ.   

The choice we are left with is which of the two candidates is the least unfit.   Like I said,  we have to use a negative scale on this one.   

Nah.  You just want me to tell you you're right.  Unfortunately, you're wrong.

You don't have to tell me i'm right.   I know i'm right because the facts demonstrate that I am right.   I do not measure "right"  and "wrong"  on the basis of what people say,  (argumentum ad populum)  I use objective and rational means to score "right"  and "wrong".   

Pfft.  I'm on record saying Hillary will be a disaster.  The problem is that you keep pretending that Trump is a complete unknown (which makes you pretty gullible).

I pretend no such thing.   I have a lot of predictions regarding how Trump will handle things,  and I very much expect him to govern as a moderate Democrat.    He will grow the state,  but he will grow the state at a lesser rate than Hillary,  and he may actually get the state to do some of what a state is *SUPPOSED*  to do,  such as to establish and guard borders,  build up defense,  and prosecute crime.   

The hell he wouldn't.  Putin would start pushing Trump's buttons on Day 1, as would the Chinese, the Iranians, and whomever else, just waiting for the tweet-storm that is sure to follow.

And on what do you base this claim?   Do you remember when Reagan fired the air traffic controllers?   Russia took serious notices of that incident,  proclaiming that "Reagan is a man who means what he says."    They accused him of being a "reckless cowboy"  but they did not doubt he would do what he claimed he would do,  and so they did not F*** with him.   

I think Trump will be given some of that same consideration by the Russians and by the Chinese as well.   After this bruising election,  the fact that the man is determined and still fighting will probably convince them not to screw with him lightly. 

Hillary, on the other hand,  commands absolutely zero respect from anyone outside of the New York Liberal Democrat Media's control.   Foreign leaders will have no compunction about humiliating her,   and of course she will launch herself into a psychotic rage meltdown and do something horrible.   (She already has a Napoleon complex.) 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2016, 03:50:56 pm »

Fortunately I live in Texas, so if my one vote ends up being the deciding factor here, then Trump is already on his way to a +40 state electoral beatdown.

@Just_Victor

I live in Texas too, Trump will carry Texas

But I'm still trying to find positives about Trump as a human being that would give me a reason to support him.  But his personality/behavior make me cringe.  It's simply not good enough to be "better than Hillary."

Here is one and there are plenty more like this about Trump

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2016, 03:51:48 pm »
I'm going to double down on my earlier prediction that things are going to get crazier and even more unpredictable.

I still think Trump may win. (and you know how I feel about him but I have to be honest about what I'm seeing). From the Conservative side, people have either bought into his narrative (hope and change part 2) or they are so disgusted by Hillary, they'll accept any turd sandwich. From the a-political side, I'm seeing a lot of people who aren't engaged at all in politics who are voting for him because he is a recognizable pop culture figure.

I believe though we are going to see voting patters we haven't seen before with bigger demographic shifts than usual (fewer traditional Conservative demos voting Republican, more non-Conservative demos voting for Trump). I think the Libertarians may do well enough to secure their place on all 50 state's ballots going forward and they'll become more and more a viable alternative.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2016, 03:53:05 pm »
You don't have to tell me i'm right.   I know i'm right because the facts demonstrate that I am right.   I do not measure "right"  and "wrong"  on the basis of what people say,  (argumentum ad populum)  I use objective and rational means to score "right"  and "wrong".

(rolls eyes)

Offline Idiot

« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:27 pm »
I'm going to double down on my earlier prediction that things are going to get crazier and even more unpredictable.

I still think Trump may win. (and you know how I feel about him but I have to be honest about what I'm seeing). From the Conservative side, people have either bought into his narrative (hope and change part 2) or they are so disgusted by Hillary, they'll accept any turd sandwich. From the a-political side, I'm seeing a lot of people who aren't engaged at all in politics who are voting for him because he is a recognizable pop culture figure.

I believe though we are going to see voting patters we haven't seen before with bigger demographic shifts than usual (fewer traditional Conservative demos voting Republican, more non-Conservative demos voting for Trump). I think the Libertarians may do well enough to secure their place on all 50 state's ballots going forward and they'll become more and more a viable alternative.

Potheads unite!

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2016, 03:55:36 pm »
Trump is going to squeak by and the dems will contest it. If the latest email cscandal did not pop up Hillary would have won in a landslide.

The absentee/mail in ballots are going to hurt Trump. Most are for Hillary
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:56:53 pm by mirraflake »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2016, 03:55:58 pm »
The fact that the election appears to be close is the biggest problem I have in voting.  If one candidate or the other were running away with the election, I could vote without worrying about the outcome.  For the first time in my life, I'm actually undecided even as the election comes down to the wire.  Not in the choice between Hillary and Trump.  Hillary loses absolutely.  But do I vote for the seriously flawed candidate Trump, or vote to send a message of what a poor candidate he is.

If you live in Texas,  vote for Gary Johnson.   Texas is going to go Trump,  so at least you can feel like you are not responsible for what happens.   

I also live in a conservative state that is going to go heavily for Trump.   I don't have to vote for him,  he's going to win my state handily,   but I suppose I will have to vote for him because it bothers my Autism spectrum disorder to leave a ballot slot unmarked.  (I actually think it disqualifies the entire ballot in my state)  Now that I think about it,  i'll probably just vote straight party Republican.   I believe that is an option.   

I can vote the party and I don't have to put a checkbox by his name.   That makes me feel better. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2016, 03:57:51 pm »
@Just_Victor

I live in Texas too, Trump will carry Texas

Here is one and there are plenty more like this about Trump

Any dimwit can create a meme and it requires no basis in fact.  I've not heard anything about this.  Do you have a link to a reputable source for the story, the man's name, and what Trump actually did?  I would genuinely love to learn more.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:58:15 pm by Just_Victor »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2016, 03:57:59 pm »
I predict, with 100% certainty, that a New York liberal will win.

Hillary is from Chicago.   She is only a "carpet bagger"  New Yorker. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2016, 04:00:13 pm »

If you live in Texas,  vote for Gary Johnson.   Texas is going to go Trump,  so at least you can feel like you are not responsible for what happens.   

I also live in a conservative state that is going to go heavily for Trump.   I don't have to vote for him,  he's going to win my state handily,   but I suppose I will have to vote for him because it bothers my Autism spectrum disorder to leave a ballot slot unmarked.  (I actually think it disqualifies the entire ballot in my state)  Now that I think about it,  i'll probably just vote straight party Republican.   I believe that is an option.   

I can vote the party and I don't have to put a checkbox by his name.   That makes me feel better.

Unfortunately Johnson is just another liberal as well.  Castle or McMullen will get my vote is I find myself unable cast my ballot for Trump.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2016, 04:00:33 pm »
(rolls eyes)

Being "full of myself" is part of my schtick.   

:)
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2016, 04:01:18 pm »
Unfortunately Johnson is just another liberal as well.  Castle or McMullen will get my vote is I find myself unable cast my ballot for Trump.

Do that then,  and don't worry about it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2016, 04:01:50 pm »

I am going to vote for Trump because I want Trump to have a mandate to implement the policies he has articulated in his campaign. If you want the borders secured, most of the illegals sent home, conservative Judges appointed to the courts, an end to all these senseless wars, better trade deals for the USA, etc then you would do the same.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2016, 04:02:53 pm »
Any dimwit can create a meme and it requires no basis in fact.  I've not heard anything about this.  Do you have a link to a reputable source for the story, the man's name, and what Trump actually did?  I would genuinely love to learn more.

http://truthfeed.com/hostage-breaks-silence-and-tells-the-world-how-trump-took-care-of-his-family-while-he-was-imprisoned-by-iran/33032/

There are many more stories about Trumps kindness and generosity.

Here are 5 acts of kindness that reveal there's more to the billionaire than just his big celebrity persona.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:10:06 pm by jpsb »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2016, 04:11:15 pm »
Potheads unite!

Exactly.  The Libertarian Party needs to come up with some good candidates and define what they stand for before they can become a real player.

Gary Johnson seems like a nice enough guy, but for Pres?  No way...well, unless you have two other abysmal candidates. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2016, 04:13:30 pm »
Exactly.  The Libertarian Party needs to come up with some good candidates and define what they stand for before they can become a real player.

Gary Johnson seems like a nice enough guy, but for Pres?  No way...well, unless you have two other abysmal candidates.
The Libertarian Party is for open borders, on that basis alone the Libertarian Party is unacceptable.