Author Topic: President of Iowa Republican women's group resigns over Trump  (Read 395 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President of Iowa Republican women's group resigns over Trump
« on: October 12, 2016, 03:40:20 pm »

President of Iowa Republican women's group resigns over Trump

By Louis Nelson

10/12/16 10:05 AM EDT

The president of the Iowa Federation of Republican Women resigned Tuesday night, writing in a statement that she “cannot support Donald J. Trump for president, nor can I advocate for his election.”

“I feel that I cannot adequately fulfill the duties of my position,” Melissa Gesing wrote in her resignation letter, which she also published on Twitter. “I am still a republican and plan to work hard for our down ballot GOP candidates."

The Iowa FRW is a tax-exempt 527 organization made up of women whose mission is "to elect Republicans at all levels of government with Trump as our party’s nominee."

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/iowa-federation-republican-women-resigns-trump-229660
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: President of Iowa Republican women's group resigns over Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:49:41 pm »
I think Melissa was a FB friend at one point in the political days, if I recall she was fairly evangelical and tea party and has a couple of daughters. Not surprised she'd dump Trump over this latest stuff.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Re: President of Iowa Republican women's group resigns over Trump
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 04:40:32 pm »
 Can anyone recall any election that unraveled this bad this close to the election ?  Even Jimmy Carter and George Herbert Walker Bush were still competitive at this point
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy