Author Topic: Right Now, There Are Only Two Kinds of Conservatives  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Bunny Watson

Re: Right Now, There Are Only Two Kinds of Conservatives
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2016, 03:20:09 am »
240b wrote:
"From where I sit, the #NeverTrump movement is opening the gates of Hell down on their own heads.
From my perspective, if Trump loses and Hillary wins, it is the #NeverTrump followers who are going to bear the unpropitious rewards of their own hubris.
My head will be bloodied as well as theirs, but mine unbowed."

Excellent post, 240b. As good as it gets.

You're one of the posters here that still I read with respect!

Most of the others... not so much any more.... (sigh)

Wrong analogy. You're standing in front of a burning building. The only wet things in front of you to use are a can of gasoline and a can of kerosene.  No matter which you throw on the burning building, the building is going to continue to burn. Do you pick one of them to throw on the fire anyway? 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2016, 03:20:56 am »
If you take a group of 12 people. A "representative" sample. And they choose poorly. You can extrapolate to include an entire population. They have been choosing poorly for a long time. Trump--hillary, they are "representative" of all those years of sloth. Now all they have is the choice of choosing poorly. There is only one kind of conservative.  And none of them are it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2016, 03:22:48 am »
If you take a group of 12 people. A "representative" sample. And they choose poorly. You can extrapolate to include an entire population. They have been choosing poorly for a long time. Trump--hillary, they are "representative" of all those years of sloth. Now all they have is the choice of choosing poorly. There is only one kind of conservative.  And none of them are it.
:beer: 888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2016, 03:27:43 am »
There is only one kind of conservative.  And none of them are it.

Absolutely.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2016, 03:35:38 am »
Mark Davis, and Salem Communications, deserve retribution over their full throated support of Trump. The only problem is, with a 0.5 rating in the DFW area, the market has already spoken.
It's hard to issue retribution when hardly anyone listens to Salem in the first place.

There was this little AM radio station in town that used to play music (what they used to call MOR). When the program director decided to jump to a better FM signal, the station's owners decided to switch to Salem. Now, mind you, the Premiere lineup (which includes Rush Limbaugh) doesn't have an affiliate here anymore; the station carrying it dropped it a while back but never said why. But instead they went to Salem. I tried listening. I just couldn't. It's bad. It's sad, too, because that little MOR station was one of my favorites.

There's a certain smarmy, condescending air to the whole operation.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2016, 04:41:43 am »
How dare you say that. Everyone knows Jeb is more of a Fiat Strada sort of fellow.

Wow, that is ugly.

Wingnut

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2016, 04:46:23 am »
How dare you say that. Everyone knows Jeb is more of a Fiat Strada sort of fellow.

If Pepe drove a car that would be it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2016, 05:15:42 am »
...there are only two kinds of conservatives now. Those who will rise up to save us from her, and those willing to see us fall.

That was decided when a bunch of unprincipled, afraid, angry and vengeance-seeking people decided to make a lifelong NY liberal Democrat running as a Republican, their prince without so much as bothering to care what kind of history, baggage or character shortfalls he had.

They chose the liberal Trojan Stalking Horse.

They chose the consequences we warned them would occur.

We wash our hands of them and their choice.

We have other plans.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2016, 06:39:04 am »
If Pepe drove a car that would be it.

I remember that ad.

Not the Nine O'Clock News did a skit on it which ended with the tag line: Designed by Computer. Built by Robots. Driven by Idiots.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2016, 08:28:48 am »
I remember that ad.

Not the Nine O'Clock News did a skit on it which ended with the tag line: Designed by Computer. Built by Robots. Driven by Idiots.

Good show. I Miss Rowan Atkinson.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:29:16 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2016, 03:48:16 pm »
Wow, that is ugly.
It's like a Geo's bucktoothed homely sister.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline rodamala

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2016, 06:48:33 pm »
LOL, I'm going to show that to my 6 YO grandson, he loves poop emojis.

@Night Hides Not

He'll love this then:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/skMj9vCD2ko
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:50:15 pm by rodamala »