Author Topic: Right Now, There Are Only Two Kinds of Conservatives  (Read 7677 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Right Now, There Are Only Two Kinds of Conservatives
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 01:25:22 am »
Taking up the fight means making it abundantly clear to all who listen that every voter should pull the lever for Donald Trump. Anything less leaves America’s door unlocked for the home invasion that will accompany the Hillary Clinton inauguration.

Davis is a talk show host here in DFW and, last time I listened to him, he was seething with rage at anyone who would not vote for Trump.  I can see he's much worse now, knowing that Trump is done. 

People like this are why I'm glad I'm no longer in the GOP.  This kind of goose-stepping never suited me, and I won't stand for it now.

Guys like Davis and Hannity and all those Trump symps are wedgied up that Trump's campaign is dead and are lashing out, wanting to blame any of us who don't support Trump for his loss.

Let them rage.  Maybe they'll be normal in three weeks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:27:42 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 01:40:25 am »
If I am in a burning building with a large group of people (the American Nation), and I see the only way out of the building to save myself and my nation is through the sewer, which decision will I make?

Will I stay and burn so that I do not feel dirty? Or will I take the only available choice I have to save the nation. We may get dirty, and we may get burned, but as the idiom goes, it is better to live to fight another day.

These are only my opinions of myself, my own self musing. I am only expressing how I feel, as I always do.

Same scenario ...however, there is also a small window to your far right (3rd party) that you could try to pry open and fit through before you're engulfed in flames. The sewer is right in front of you and the easier choice as the window is boarded up, but if you are able to open it, it is a much more palatable option for escape. There is no guarantee that you will live through the filth of the sewer in fact you could drown in the filth.  The window if you can get through it offers more hope of actually surviving. Which do you choose?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:44:15 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 02:06:15 am »
How do you protect from the ruin of a Clinton presidency bs  subjecting it to the ruin of a Trump presidency?  The two are the same, save only for the details and embroidery.

This.  So why not vote to, at least, save the good name of conservatism?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bilo

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 02:11:12 am »
If we sucked it up for Romney we can suck it up for Trump.

For all his flaws at least Romney was a decent human being. Trump is a vulgar bully with no respect for anyone. I think I'll pass.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 02:11:27 am »
What we need to do is figure out how to get rid of the advantage our two main parties have in the system.

Why does our government dictate which two parties reign supreme,  it's no different than the Soviet Union that deemed in their Constitution that the Communist Party is the leading force in the country.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 02:11:46 am »
Same scenario ...however, there is also a small window to your far right (3rd party) that you could try to pry open and fit through before you're engulfed in flames. The sewer is right in front of you and the easier choice as the window is boarded up, but if you are able to open it, it is a much more palatable option for escape. There is no guarantee that you will live through the filth of the sewer in fact you could drown in the filth.  The window if you can get through it offers more hope of actually surviving. Which do you choose?

You enter basement
look

You see a sewer ahead
You see a small window to your far right
->
look

You see a window
look window

You see a small window
open window

Window is boarded up
pry window

Window will not open
pry window

Window will not open
drink orange
look

You see a small window
pry board

Board is nailed
look

You see a small window
<-

look

You see a sewer ahead
You see a small window to your far right
enter sewer

Anyone who understood what I just wrote is too old to be alive.
Short answer is, I will not waste my time on a temptation which is a lost cause.

KISS, Keep it simple sweetheart.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:13:31 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 02:16:15 am »
Those who bolstered Trump ARE responsible for what happens.  I didn't vote for him in the primary, I didn't send him one dime  and I didn't make even one phone call for him, nor did I do anything to promote him. Just the opposite.  I voted for the most conservative candidate in the primary, I made numerous phone calls and spent countless hours promoting him and I donated as much $$ to help his campaign as I could afford. I and many others including pollsters warned that Trump was the least likely candidate to beat Hillary.  His bombastic, narcissistic behavior was apparent from the beginning. We warned that he was a liberal fraud, a psychopathic, demagogue who clearly has sociopathic tendencies, and now that he is self-imploding you want to accuse me of being responsible for the wrath of Hillary if Trump loses?  Are you out of your freakin' mind?  Your logic is just as bombastic as Trump!

This^^^
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 02:16:58 am »
What we need to do is figure out how to get rid of the advantage our two main parties have in the system.

Why does our government dictate which two parties reign supreme,  it's no different than the Soviet Union that deemed in their Constitution that the Communist Party is the leading force in the country.

The government doesn't dictate which parties are supreme.  The people do. If the Libertarians had attractive ideas and attractive candidates, the Libertarian Party would gain strength.

Online corbe

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2016, 02:32:51 am »
For all his flaws at least Romney was a decent human being. Trump is a vulgar bully with no respect for anyone. I think I'll pass.

Granted the Father of obummer care and gay marriage is better than Trump, but he's still a NE LIBERAL and a choice between Crap and Crap, is still crap, like now. 

Couldn't vote for him then or NOW.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:34:27 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 02:35:05 am »
Town Hall
Mark Davis
Oct. 12, 2016

Excerpt:

The posturings of establishment squishes and NeverTrumpers now threaten to derail the task that should unite every conservative from this moment on. The nation must be protected from the ruin of another Clinton presidency, which, more to the point, is another Obama presidency. The contortions of many otherwise smart people have become a spectacle that threatens our nation, our future, our children. Silence is complicity.

That is not Conservatism. If that's what you think it's about, you're doing it wrong.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 02:36:26 am »

Romney is a vindictive SOB whose only job was to block a conservative from getting the nomination. And yet I still voted for the bastard.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:37:07 am by dfwgator »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2016, 02:41:31 am »
Romney is a vindictive SOB whose only job was to block a conservative from getting the nomination. And yet I still voted for the bastard.

You are so wrong about Romney.  But, you're defending Trump, so no surprise here.

geronl

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2016, 04:50:38 am »

Romney was too liberal for me. Trump is 1000x worse.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 05:00:27 am »
Davis is a talk show host here in DFW and, last time I listened to him, he was seething with rage at anyone who would not vote for Trump.  I can see he's much worse now, knowing that Trump is done. 

People like this are why I'm glad I'm no longer in the GOP.  This kind of goose-stepping never suited me, and I won't stand for it now.

Guys like Davis and Hannity and all those Trump symps are wedgied up that Trump's campaign is dead and are lashing out, wanting to blame any of us who don't support Trump for his loss.

Let them rage.  Maybe they'll be normal in three weeks.

One of the last times I listened to Mark Davis locally, he was going on a rant about one of the Harry Potter movies and something about how it was letting evil in, yadda, yadda. 

Now this...

It is like they swing from one extreme to the other without finding balance in anything. One outrage to another outrage to another outrage.

No actual true moral compass to measure what they stand for.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2016, 05:05:04 am »
This is the difference between liberals and conservatives.

Liberals want to win, Conservatives want to be right.

Being right is all well and good, but if you don't win, what does it matter?   It sucks, but there it is.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 05:15:28 am »
This is the difference between liberals and conservatives.

Liberals want to win, Conservatives want to be right.

Being right is all well and good, but if you don't win, what does it matter?   It sucks, but there it is.

Quite the other way around - you don't win without being right. 'Winning' with a man who operates from NYC liberal values is the very definition of a Pyrrhic Victory.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:15:56 am by roamer_1 »

geronl

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2016, 05:21:40 am »
Mark Davis is one of those tools who would probably divorce his wife while she in the hospital.

http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2000/april/pulset-of-the-city/

NATIONALLY SYNDI-cated radio talk-show host Mark Davis. 42. has filed for divorce from his wheelchair-bound wife. Kami. The divorce filing came five months after Mark informed Kathi, who has multiple sclerosis, that he wanted a “therapeutic separation.1’

Davis, who built ratings by repeatedly blasting Bill Clinton for infidelity, has been carrying on a high-profile relationship with 32-year-old Lisa Lee of Arlington. Davis has told colleagues that his relationship with Lisa Lee began after he moved out. Wife Kathi says she knows differently.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:24:01 am by geronl »

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2016, 05:34:10 am »
He didn't. At that, he said very clearly:

I Don’t Need Conservatives to Support Me

https://jtf.org/trump-i-dont-need-conservatives-to-support-me/

So he is not the Conservative candidate and says he doesn't need us, so everyone needs to quit whining if we don't jump on his choo choo train.

I was about to remind everyone of that fact.

Trump was the tool to forever divide Conservatives, the GOP and render both forever politically irrelevant.

It's what Trojan Stalking Horses do.

Less than a month out from the election and who is he targeting?  Not Hillary - but members of his own 'party' that refuse to continue genuflecting his candidacy.

Trump said he did not need us, his militants echoed the statement.  So there is no possible 'unity' to be had in voting for Trump. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2016, 05:45:03 am »
I was about to remind everyone of that fact.

Trump was the tool to forever divide Conservatives, the GOP and render both forever politically irrelevant.

It's what Trojan Stalking Horses do.

Less than a month out from the election and who is he targeting?  Not Hillary - but members of his own 'party' that refuse to continue genuflecting his candidacy.

Trump said he did not need us, his militants echoed the statement.  So there is no possible 'unity' to be had in voting for Trump.

It's the trend, McCain and Romney thought they didn't need us neither.

geronl

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2016, 05:59:03 am »
It's the trend, McCain and Romney thought they didn't need us neither.

Jeb launched his campaign saying he didn't need us, lol. Well, it never really got off the ground, finally had to decide that his campaign's 1979 brown Pinto wouldn't get to Nevada on a tank of fuel with the weight of that "PLEASE APPLAUD" sign in the back hatch.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:36 am »
Jeb launched his campaign saying he didn't need us, lol. Well, it never really got off the ground, finally had to decide that his campaign's 1979 brown Pinto wouldn't get to Nevada on a tank of fuel with the weight of that "PLEASE APPLAUD" sign in the back hatch.

How dare you say that. Everyone knows Jeb is more of a Fiat Strada sort of fellow.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2016, 07:25:33 am »
For all of Romney's faults, I don't recall insanity being one of them or vindictiveness, immorality, adultery, vulgarity, deceitfulness, mockery, tactlessness, incoherence, or disrespectfulness. Trump doesn't have feet of clay, he's clay up to his eyeballs.Some of us may have sucked it up for Romney, though I do recall a large contingent that insisted we not vote for him because of his faults and funny thing those people weren't ridiculed, insulted, vilified and threatened, what a difference a few years and an oompa loompa make.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2016, 08:45:01 am »
For all of Romney's faults, I don't recall insanity being one of them or vindictiveness, immorality, adultery, vulgarity, deceitfulness, mockery, tactlessness, incoherence, or disrespectfulness. Trump doesn't have feet of clay, he's clay up to his eyeballs.Some of us may have sucked it up for Romney, though I do recall a large contingent that insisted we not vote for him because of his faults and funny thing those people weren't ridiculed, insulted, vilified and threatened, what a difference a few years and an oompa loompa make.

Oh YES WE WERE! In addition to being called everything but a white man, I (and many others were referred to as "people who need to be taken out and shot"over on FR because we wouldn't support the 'decent human being' that just happened to profit from the end result of his own abortion laws.

Romney is evil, his voters, whether they admit it or not, traded the lives of babies for a win and ultimately lost both. Just as Trump voters today are throwing women (among other groups) under the bus to get their way.

Romney did not wait 24 hours after his loss before coning out and proving what all his detractors said all along. He's a liberal. Trump has CAMPAIGNED on one act of liberalism after another including big govt, gay agendas, amnesty and more.

You know why we got Trump folks? People accepted Romney, Bhoner, Mitch and a series of liberals, each making the next easier to excuse voting for. Now here we are. Screwed because people refused to stand by conservatism and stand on principle.

HonestJohn

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2016, 11:26:12 am »
Oh YES WE WERE! In addition to being called everything but a white man, I (and many others were referred to as "people who need to be taken out and shot"over on FR because we wouldn't support the 'decent human being' that just happened to profit from the end result of his own abortion laws.

Romney is evil, his voters, whether they admit it or not, traded the lives of babies for a win and ultimately lost both. Just as Trump voters today are throwing women (among other groups) under the bus to get their way.

Romney did not wait 24 hours after his loss before coning out and proving what all his detractors said all along. He's a liberal. Trump has CAMPAIGNED on one act of liberalism after another including big govt, gay agendas, amnesty and more.

You know why we got Trump folks? People accepted Romney, Bhoner, Mitch and a series of liberals, each making the next easier to excuse voting for. Now here we are. Screwed because people refused to stand by conservatism and stand on principle.

The difference is that while Romney was wrong on one issue... Trump is wrong on all issues (as he takes all positions on all issues).

And he then both brags about that and condemns everyone who does not lick his boots for pointing it out.

Romney never went to his detractors and threatened them.  The TOS was the only place that did, making it an abnormality.

Both Trump and those places that support him *ALL* threaten those that don't agree.

See the dicotomy?